Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Our Teams pedigree

John Ruddy: Out of favour goalkeeper from Everton, 1 good season in Scotland (Championship/ League 1 standard)Russell Martin: Out of favour at the worst performing club in the Championship, never had any more experience at that level (League 1 Standard)Marc Tierney: Also ran at average League 1 club (League 1 standard)Elliott Ward: Slightly shakey Championship defender (Championship Standard)Zak Whitbread: Injury Prone promising league 1 defender (League 1 standard)David Fox: Outcast at Prem and Championship level before finding his feet and then the fringes of the first team at average League 1 club (Lower League 1 standard)Andrew Crofts: On the rise back up the leagues after capitulating into non-league obscurity, promising league one player with some international experience from better days (Championship/ League 1 standard)Wes Hoolahan: Best player in low budget championship over achievers (Championship Standard)Andrew Surman: Struggled with pace of Premiership after impressing at top Championship club (Upper Championship Standard)Grant Holt: Scored for fun, allbeit at league 2 club without impressing when tried at a higher level (Lower League 1 Standard)Simeon Jackson: Scored plenty of goals, looking promising at a lower league 1 club (Upper League 1 Standard)Others:Leon Barnett: Struggled for first team matches after impressive form in the Championship for promoted side (Lower Premiership/ Upper Championship Standard)Aaron Wilbraham: Scored a good amount of goals in the bottom 2 divisions of league football (League 1 Standard)Newbies:Steve Morison: See Grant Holt and add 1 good championship season (Upper Championship standard)James Vaughan: Very Promising but horribly injury prone looking to rebuild after a stuttered but dynamic start to career at established premiership club (Lower Premiership/ Upper Championship Standard)Elliott Bennett?: Standout Performer at standout League 1 club (Championship Standard)Bradley Johnson?: Inconsistent but promising player at higher Championship club (Championship Standard)Can this bunch of ''z list muppets'' really keep us in ''the best league in the world''?Well they''ve got us this far!

I could write a novel about your inaccuracies but for this ill just pick a few out.

You cant call Grant Holt league one standard when hes scored the second most amount of goals in the championship this season. Not a lot of these players have been tested at premiership level in a footballers career its natural to climb up leagues.

Russel Martin is quality a premiership standard if your going to deal with cliches.

This post stinks of ignorance and a kind of mentality which is damaging to this club. Your the type of fan that would be calling ''Lambert out" on the terraces if we finish last place in the premiership.

Sorry Jimmy, I don''t see a ''smiley wink'', and I can''t find any satire in your post, so I''ll just go ahead and chalk you up as an idiot; or would that be a fool? Naaa..... You''re an idiot looking to start a stupid thread about a flawed topic.Why is it flawed? Because you failed to include the most important team member of NCFC; One Sir Paul Lambert.You IDIOT!!!!

Only get £90m over the next 4 years to get 25 players all of Prem standard as you seemingly think we need. The £90m not enough for City. What a stupid post, no lets go for aging journeymen rememeber 2004/5.

Let others comment on individual players.

I would merely point out that PL signings are predominantly young and "hu**ry". Most should improve. (One or two are at their peak or even... Here I think of Holt, Drury, Wilbraham.

Others are young - Ruddy is young for a keeper, Vaughan is still young, ditto Martin C, or still to reach their full development.

A final point is that unless a player is very exceptional, his performance will depend in large measure on how well the others play. If PL can get new and existing players playing the slick passing game consistently, then I think that we shall surprise a few teams.

It might have been one of our own supporters, but there was some truth , after a particularly good performance, when the description was "The Arsenal of the Championship".

It is clear to me that Paul Lambert is aiming to emulate the achievements of the team in that wonderful film "Escape to Victory", by signing a few quality Premiership rejects to fit around a squad of untried untested and somewhat callow journeymen who could easily (sixty or so years ago) have found themselves in the hell of a Nazi prison camp with nothing but a pig''s bladder to kick around.  And we all know how "Escape to Victory" finished, even if that goalie really did take one for the team.  Perhaps Frasier Forster will be our Sylvester Stallone this season.

I think some people missed the point, I meant that when we signed these players, they seemed to the outsider to be if that standard, it''s more testament the work lambert has done, making these apparent nobodies into a premiership side. I just wonder whether it can continue

[IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/mrt_design.jpg[/IMG]