Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Getting fed up with all the doubters

I have to say I have been impressed with the quality of signings so far to improve our overall squad rather than automatically replace the players that got us here being the leading goalscorers in each league we have played in the last 2 years.

Premiership experience is over rated most of the players we would be able to sign with premiership experience have failed at that level either personally or in a team that has been relegated. We want winners.

Morison and Vaughan look class acts and lets not forget we already have Holty , Jackson and Martin.

Midfield I think we are quite strong already Bradley Johnson will give good cover in a number of areas and Bennet will hopefully give us the Pace and Width when we need it. Surman Fox Hooly and Crofts all deserve a chance and lets not forget Korey Smith has never let us down.

Defense a fit Leon Barnett would be the first name on my team sheet and Ward and Whitbread will be ok. One more Centrehalf and cover for the Norfolk Cafu and Ruddy and we are sorted.

Add one or 2 Premier young loanees should something decent arrive and we are good to go.

Of course there is no guaruntee that it will work but we have seen what happened to West Ham so spending big on big names is a much bigger risk.

This squad is much better than the one we had in the premiership last time and in my opinion the general level of the premiership is lower all teams look beatable on the right day.

We would still have money to put right things that arent working in January.

Who knows what will happen but I think if we finalise the squad detailed above Lambert will have done a great job. He just needs to continue to instill the belief he has for the last 2 years and we sit back and enjoy the ride !

OTBC !

Great post Mr Keelan. [Y]

Agree with the point about the Prem general level too. I think the gap between the English leagues has closed over the last few years. Sides promoted at all levels seem to be doing much better of late. Norwich Leeds and Millwall around the top six of the champs bears this out.

What people forget is that Fulham were after Morison in Jan and Newcastle/Stoke were sniffing around Johnson. 3 PREM CLUBS!We are building a fine squad. Add some experienced heads (2/3) and we will be fine!Can we please ban the word "hungry!" Its irritating me now!

I actually think that Lambert''s signings are actually safe rather than a risk.

The way I see it, there are 3 scenarios:-

1) The signings are good enough, we stay up.

2) The signings aren''t good enough, we go down, but with a squad of players that were the creme de la creme of Championship players that will ensure we have a big chance at "bouncing", like West Brom

3) Some of the signings are good enough, but we still go down. We have a squad largely good enough for the Championship and the signings that did pay off are sold for a significant profit.

Either way, this time next year we will either be in the Premier League or looking like taking the Championship by storm. And in any scenario our finances will be looking exceptionally rosy.

We are getting a squad with options and potential. By this time next year, and not before, will we know if its been enough

in the meantime - enjoy!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Can we please ban the word "hungry!" Its irritating me now![/quote]Is ravenous OK?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]We are getting a squad with options and potential. By this time next year, and not before, will we know if its been enough in the meantime - enjoy![/quote]

Don''t forget hunger!

I think you make a good point about wanting winners rather than Premiership players who have been relegated or just stagnated in a rubbsh reserve side. It amuses me that wherever I look people are writing Norwich off with this nonsense about how these new signings are Championship players at best, by that reckoning we should just about be in the Championship with our squad! This current squad has the desire to prove the world that they are good enough and that they are winners, that is why, I believe, we''ll stay up.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]We are getting a squad with options and potential. By this time next year, and not before, will we know if its been enough

in the meantime - enjoy![/quote]I think that we will find out that we have enough about us to stay up long before the season draws in to it''s final stages.It is the top half of the able that will have to worry about a fresh new young team in it''s midst!