Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Elliot Bennett

"he scores them with his left foot, he scores them with his right!"

He is damn awful though, as he hasn''t even played in that awful Championship yet, let alone that fantastic over-rated place called the Premiership, where every team and every player are fantastic world beaters! [:|]

Watching that video it strikes me that instead of trying to get past defenders he just wollops the ball from whereever he is. He looks top quality, god I hope we sign him.

Sign him up now. That boy is a steal at the figures quoted. He genuinely can pull the trigger from anywhere. What a prospect!

Crikey, he reminds me of a very young Gary Lineker, what with all those 2 yard sizzlers....

Wow - now I see why PL is so interested! Bennett looks a Norwich-type of player for sure...

Not sure about the repetitive Brighton song for him in the second You Tube clip though!

yeah its a bit repetitive in that video, but we''d only sing it a few times then start singing charlie adams name. Oh plus it would sound better with the snakepit/barclay all singing it

Now I hope we freakin sign him so bad, great clip reckon Benny Boy could do some serious damage whatever league he plays.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Watching that video it strikes me that instead of trying to get past defenders he just wollops the ball from whereever he is. He looks top quality, god I hope we sign him.[/quote]By all means he is very capable of intricate play, and usurping defenders with both his pace and skill; as a result of this he''s fitted into Guy Poyets ''Total Football'' ethos like a diamond. As illustrated by his play this season, in contrast to the season before where he boasted a good goalscoring record, he''s formed a crucial part of Brightons highly successful and impressive forward play, even if he''s not the one firing the ball in the net.

He also tracks back, tackles well, and posseses great stamina. Considering Russell Martin is such an attacking full back (not to mention Bennett will be the perfect supplement to any of Martins possible flaws in a defensive respect when stepping up - or any of his defensive sacrifices for offensive play) and the ethos Lambert employs at the club, i should think he''ll fit in here more than comfortably.

I did suggest before the start of last season we make a move for him, where it would have cost little in excess of 700K to acquire his services i should think - but i''m certainly delighted he now won''t be passing us by altogether, thanks to Lamberts keen eye for a player.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Watching that video it strikes me that instead of trying to get past defenders he just wollops the ball from whereever he is. He looks top quality, god I hope we sign him.[/quote]

By all means he is very capable of intricate play, and usurping defenders with both his pace and skill; as a result of this he''s fitted into Guy Poyets ''Total Football'' ethos like a diamond. As illustrated by his play this season, in contrast to the season before where he boasted a good goalscoring record, he''s formed a crucial part of Brightons highly successful and impressive forward play, even if he''s not the one firing the ball in the net.

He also tracks back, tackles well, and posseses great stamina. Considering Russell Martin is such an attacking full back (not to mention Bennett will be the perfect supplement to any of Martins possible flaws in a defensive respect when stepping up - or any of his defensive sacrifices for offensive play) and the ethos Lambert employs at the club, i should think he''ll fit in here more than comfortably.

I did suggest before the start of last season we make a move for him, where it would have cost little in excess of 700K to acquire his services i should think - but i''m certainly delighted he now won''t be passing us by altogether, thanks to Lamberts keen eye for a player.
[/quote]

Oh yeah I didn''t mean that was all he had to his game, I was just commenting on how he seems to score from random positions, which is good as we haven''t had someone trying to score outside the box since Russell.

[quote user="John"]

[/quote]

Doesn''t Bennett play down the left-wing, not the right?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="John"]He also tracks back, tackles well, and posseses great stamina. Considering Russell Martin is such an attacking full back (not to mention Bennett will be the perfect supplement to any of Martins possible flaws in a defensive respect when stepping up - or any of his defensive sacrifices for offensive play) and the ethos Lambert employs at the club, i should think he''ll fit in here more than comfortably.[/quote]

[/quote]I think that he plays down both wings.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="John"]He also tracks back, tackles well, and posseses great stamina. Considering Russell Martin is such an attacking full back (not to mention Bennett will be the perfect supplement to any of Martins possible flaws in a defensive respect when stepping up - or any of his defensive sacrifices for offensive play) and the ethos Lambert employs at the club, i should think he''ll fit in here more than comfortably.[/quote]

[/quote]Sometimes. Simply put, he''s been known to play down both, and behind the strikers.The latter is how he''s most often featured for Brighton during this season, but as i suggested, his game isn''t so confined, and has as a result appeared in more positions, to the point where he has filled in at full back during moments in games (though with the likes of Calderon behind him, he''d need to). He is right footed though, and can deliver a superb cross with it, and as such the right wing is most befitting to him when in a supporting role.To my knowledge he is seen more as a right winger in the mould by Brighton fans, but flexible enough to freely fit elsewhere.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]Sometimes. Simply put, he''s been known to play down both, and behind the strikers.The latter is how he''s most often featured for Brighton during this season, but as i suggested, his game isn''t so confined, and has as a result appeared in more positions, to the point where he has filled in at full back during moments in games (though with the likes of Calderon behind him, he''d need to). He is right footed though, and can deliver a superb cross with it, and as such the right wing is most befitting to him when in a supporting role.To my knowledge he is seen more as a right winger in the mould by Brighton fans, but flexible enough to freely fit elsewhere.[/quote]Every good winger should be able to play down both sides of the pitch these days. Whilst Youtube videos are far from a trustworthy source (although, John, you glowing review does help matters) he seems to be the kind of player who can play outside and cross on the right, cut in and shoot when on the left and seems to like to drift out wide and through the centre. He looks every inch the modern footballer.

[quote user="25overpar"][quote user="lappinitup"]

As it seems almost certain he''s coming here I think this is worth a look.....

Elliott Bennetts Brighton Goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN5lZHsm8TM

[/quote]

Well Brighton have just signed a new winger (Will Buckley) for £1m......A replacement maybe?

[/quote]

Well you are a little bit late but that does appear to have been the plan all along.

Sorry JG I promise I''ll try to keep up.  But there''s soooooo much going on at the moment and it''s difficult to know what''s true or just guesswork or just complete tosh. However, it could just be my age.................I''m almost 117 and three quarters you know!   

25overpar wrote: However, it could just be my age.................I''m almost 117 and three quarters you know!

Bloody kids...

According to Chris Lakey, and I quote, ''Elliott Bennett to join Norwich City says Brighton boss''. (though Poyet never says that in the article).

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/elliott_bennett_to_join_norwich_city_says_brighton_boss_1_914304

Was very happy with Morrison signing on the dotted line , seeing that montage of Bennet goals makes me even more excited for the new season. For £1.5m ?!? Bargin !!!

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="John"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]Sometimes. Simply put, he''s been known to play down both, and behind the strikers.The latter is how he''s most often featured for Brighton during this season, but as i suggested, his game isn''t so confined, and has as a result appeared in more positions, to the point where he has filled in at full back during moments in games (though with the likes of Calderon behind him, he''d need to). He is right footed though, and can deliver a superb cross with it, and as such the right wing is most befitting to him when in a supporting role.To my knowledge he is seen more as a right winger in the mould by Brighton fans, but flexible enough to freely fit elsewhere.[/quote]Every good winger should be able to play down both sides of the pitch these days. Whilst Youtube videos are far from a trustworthy source (although, John, you glowing review does help matters) he seems to be the kind of player who can play outside and cross on the right, cut in and shoot when on the left and seems to like to drift out wide and through the centre. He looks every inch the modern footballer.[/quote]A succinct summary of Bennett that holds true in many respects.