Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Cody to Huddersfield?

[quote user="Titch.Canary"]I don''t really see Cody going anywhere, unless we get a fairly decent bid. I think Lambert will hang on to him along with Johnson and Wilbraham.[/quote]

I hope so. Cody is alot better than most people realise. He proved that last season. He''s an opportunist and will score goals if given a long run in most professional football teams. And lets face facts, any Gillingham fan would consider £1m money extemely well spent.

However, Johnson still has alot to prove. Though again, he needs to be given a proper chance

Think the lad just wants to play, he won''t want to just sit on the bench even though it is the Prem

Third highest scorer in League 2 last season with 25 goals. In other words, in roughly the same position that Grant Holt was befor he signed for us. Surely worth a punt for any League 1 side?

I see no role for Cody here next season. It''s best for us and him if he moves on. He''s had one good season at League 2 level, we''re playing PREMIER LEAGUE football next season, we need better than Cody to survive next season.

[quote user="Titch.Canary"]I don''t really see Cody going anywhere, unless we get a fairly decent bid. I think Lambert will hang on to him along with Johnson and Wilbraham.[/quote]

Great, and do what with them? You can''t expect them all to be named in the Squad so unless they go out on loan we are paying their wages to tread the halls of Colney.

He has got a year left on his contract. He has done well and made a name for himself playing the likes of Accrington Stanley and Aldershot town. Great for the kid, I''m glad for him. We will get a half decent offer of 2-300k and he will move on. I suggest those pining for him move on too. For some this is bordering on an obsession.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]He has got a year left on his contract. He has done well and made a name for himself playing the likes of Accrington Stanley and Aldershot town. Great for the kid, I''m glad for him. We will get a half decent offer of 2-300k and he will move on. I suggest those pining for him move on too. For some this is bordering on an obsession.[/quote]

This.

Lambert already had to tell everyone to calm down when there was talk of recalling him to the Champ. If you asked him if he thought Cody was premier league material (now), we all know what the answer would be.