Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Cody to Huddersfield?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Millwall-bid-1m-for-Huddersfield-Jordan-Rhodes-after-selling-Steve-Morison-to-Norwich-article744967.html

"Millwall will make a £1million bid for Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes as Steve Morison’s replacement.

Boss Kenny Jackett is hoping for a quick deal after Morison was sold to Premier League-bound Norwich.

Spookily, Terriers chief Lee Clark is already in talks with Norwich to sign Cody McDonald to fill Rhodes’ shoes. "

Why spookily of all words? lol. If Rhodes is being replaced by Cody, does that make him worth £1m also? [;)]

Cody''s been linked to about a dozen clubs so far. I don''t think we''ll know what''s happening until it has ..  or not ...

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Cody''s been linked to about a dozen clubs so far. I don''t think we''ll know what''s happening until it has ..  or not ...

[/quote]

But no one, apart from Gillingham maybe, has been "in talks" with us about him.

I honestly don''t think we will sell him, unless someone bids something stupid. Lambert knows more about him than we do, and whether he comes anywhere near the first team plans. Last year obviously offered him a lot of experience, but at a low level albeit.

One of the experts on Talksport this morning said that he didn''t think Morison would cut it in the Prem as he doesn''t have that ''extra yard of pace''. We know that Cody does have that pace plus great heading ability, so I''m flabbergasted that we''d consider selling without trying him out.  A big mistake looming IMO.   It looks like I may will be supporting Huddersfield as my second team next season with a big wadge on Cody as Div 1 top scorer.

Yeah I heard that on TalkSport as well, but to be honest it is clear to see that Morison has been bought as a Holt type player and Vaughan as a Jacson...

So one Target Man and one fast smaller striker.

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]

"Millwall will make a £1million bid for Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes as Steve Morison’s replacement.

Boss Kenny Jackett is hoping for a quick deal after Morison was sold to Premier League-bound Norwich.

Spookily, Terriers chief Lee Clark is already in talks with Norwich to sign Cody McDonald to fill Rhodes’ shoes. "

Why spookily of all words? lol. If Rhodes is being replaced by Cody, does that make him worth £1m also? [;)]

[/quote]

Cody is a name often related to ghost stories, so the author is trying to be witty IMO.

[quote user="Hog"]

Yeah I heard that on TalkSport as well, but to be honest it is clear to see that Morison has been bought as a Holt type player and Vaughan as a Jacson...

[/quote]

Agreed, but if the ''one faster striker'' gets injured, loses form or is suspended surely it makes sense to have a good back-up. Selling Cody is very short-sighted IMO.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Hog"]

[/quote]

Agreed, but if the ''one faster striker'' gets injured, loses form or is suspended surely it makes sense to have a good back-up. Selling Cody is very short-sighted IMO.

[/quote]

But we have one already. Cody will not get in before Jackson or Vaughan.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Hog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s all about opinions but the jury is still out as Jackson is unproven in the Prem, is weak on his left foot and with his head (as is Chris Martin also) and Vaughan is injury prone, so it makes sense to have cover. A loan with a 24 hour recall would have been good insurance, and if we are lacking striking options towards the end of next season or these guys are not scoring we may well regret this decision.

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]

[/quote]I haven''t got my glasses on,  what does that say, Cody Rhodes is doing what with a Terrier?

Getting quite bored of the Cody story.

Hhe is the only striker who was out of contention of playing who is worth any fee. I think sellnig with a nice sell on clause is fine. Don''t care if he does light up league 1 or does well in The Championship. We are above that now and moving forward by buying players that perform well in the Championship who have the pedigree now to perform in the Premiership.

Cody may well be able to in time and good luck to him, but if we can get a fee then I have no problem whereever he goes.

Would have thought Cody would be realising he likes playing first team football now and that if he can move to first team football he should.

[quote user="smooth"]Getting quite bored of the Cody story. Hhe is the only striker who was out of contention of playing who is worth any fee. I think sellnig with a nice sell on clause is fine. Don''t care if he does light up league 1 or does well in The Championship. We are above that now and moving forward by buying players that perform well in the Championship who have the pedigree now to perform in the Premiership. Cody may well be able to in time and good luck to him, but if we can get a fee then I have no problem whereever he goes. Would have thought Cody would be realising he likes playing first team football now and that if he can move to first team football he should.[/quote]

If you''re getting bored with it why bother reading the thread ? Start your own on something more interesting perhaps.

[quote user="smooth"]Getting quite bored of the Cody story.

Hhe is the only striker who was out of contention of playing who is worth any fee. I think sellnig with a nice sell on clause is fine. Don''t care if he does light up league 1 or does well in The Championship. We are above that now and moving forward by buying players that perform well in the Championship who have the pedigree now to perform in the Premiership.

Cody may well be able to in time and good luck to him, but if we can get a fee then I have no problem whereever he goes.

Would have thought Cody would be realising he likes playing first team football now and that if he can move to first team football he should.[/quote]True, I doubt they''ll be a shortage of clubs interested.  Oldham supposed to be keen as well.  200,000 (my guess) and a nice sell on clause is good business all round.  We get a profit and the lad gets first team football.

[quote user="The Å¿hroud of Turin"][quote user="smooth"]Getting quite bored of the Cody story. Hhe is the only striker who was out of contention of playing who is worth any fee. I think sellnig with a nice sell on clause is fine. Don''t care if he does light up league 1 or does well in The Championship. We are above that now and moving forward by buying players that perform well in the Championship who have the pedigree now to perform in the Premiership. Cody may well be able to in time and good luck to him, but if we can get a fee then I have no problem whereever he goes. Would have thought Cody would be realising he likes playing first team football now and that if he can move to first team football he should.[/quote]

True, I doubt they''ll be a shortage of clubs interested.  Oldham supposed to be keen as well.  200,000 (my guess) and a nice sell on clause is good business all round.  We get a profit and the lad gets first team football.
[/quote]

You may be surprised to learn that he is subject to a transfer to Watford,and part deal with Graham.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Lets get real Cody will be worth about £300 000[/quote]

This. The bloke in the last year of his deal. If we can cash in on him, it all adds to Lambert''s budget. Even if it just helps with wages or a loan signing later on in the season. I would be happy to attempt to offload Cody, Oli Johnson and Wilbraham in the summer. Morison, Vaughan, Jackson and Holt will play the all the games next season so I dont see why the others are required. I would keep Martin as the 5th striker in case of an emergency because of his all round game.

Paul it is boring mate as it has been a very long saga.

Think I have made a fresh point that is suited to this arguement, which no one had mentioned in this particular discussion. That he is the only play that we can likely see depart with any fee coming our way.

Also I believe that we have often said on here that a player who doesn''t want to play first team football when an opportunity has arisen here is not worth it. I certainly believe that after a year of proving himself in league 2 he should be looking at moving on to play first team football.

That Paul is not going to be at Carrow Road

[quote user="paul moy"]One of the experts on Talksport this morning said that he didn''t think Morison would cut it in the Prem as he doesn''t have that ''extra yard of pace''. We know that Cody does have that pace plus great heading ability, so I''m flabbergasted that we''d consider selling without trying him out.  A big mistake looming IMO.   It looks like I may will be supporting Huddersfield as my second team next season with a big wadge on Cody as Div 1 top scorer.[/quote]

Ian Dowie on Sky Sports News thinks Morison will be ok in the Premiership. He also likes the way Lambert is getting on with business.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Hog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How many strikers do you want in a 25 man squad?  I think a fifth slot is for Pacheo (via a loan).

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Lets get real Cody will be worth about £300 000[/quote]

I would keep Martin as the 5th striker in case of an emergency because of his all round game.

[/quote]

I wouldnt be surprised if Martin moves towards being an attacking midfield player over time.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Hog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s all about opinions but the jury is still out as Jackson is unproven in the Prem, is weak on his left foot and with his head (as is Chris Martin also) and Vaughan is injury prone, so it makes sense to have cover. A loan with a 24 hour recall would have been good insurance, and if we are lacking striking options towards the end of next season or these guys are not scoring we may well regret this decision.

[/quote]

Once the 25 man squad is announced a 24 hour recall will do no good as we will not be able to play him until the list is revised in January. Best off on a half season loan and then sell him in January if we are doing OK.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Hog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How many strikers do you want in a 25 man squad?  I think a fifth slot is for Pacheo (via a loan).

[/quote]

Pacheco is under 21 so the squad rule does not count.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Hog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pacheco is under 21 so the squad rule does not count.

[/quote]

When is the relevant date re the 25 man squad and when is Pacheo''s birthday?

Not sure when Dani''s birthday is but:

"An Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences. For the 2011/12 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1990."

[quote user="yellow blood"]

Not sure when Dani''s birthday is but:

"An Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences. For the 2011/12 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1990."

[/quote]

His birthday is 5th Jan 1991, so counts as an U21 player.

Yellow Blood - hot off the Wikipedia presses - Daniel Pacheco Lobato

Date of birth 5 January 1991 (age 20)

I don''t really see Cody going anywhere, unless we get a fairly decent bid. I think Lambert will hang on to him along with Johnson and Wilbraham.