Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Sorry, uninspired and unimaginative

I have held my fire on our summer signings but the signing of Bradley Johnson is the last straw for me, whenever i have seen him he has misplaced passes and shots, and his tackling is not that great either. This is the 4th signing a top half Championship side would be happy with, not a team trying to establish in the Premership.

If this is the best our Chief Scout can do then Chelsea can have him quite honestly. Can we not widen our ambit away from players in Championship?

Surely we should be looking at players with some Prem experience?? Or a decent Bosman from abroad? Reo Coker, Cohen and Wendt all surely better purchases.

Again we are improving squad depth but not the team, I am now worried

Seriously, are we actually going to give these players a chance to even sign before we slag them off now? Norwich fans are terrible for snap judgements.

bloody hell, most teams haven''t even signed anyone yet! i''m pretty sure come christmas you''ll realise what an idiotic post that was. you know true well Lamberts ethos

[quote user="jamesg"]I have held my fire on our summer signings but the signing of Bradley Johnson is the last straw for me, whenever i have seen him he has misplaced passes and shots, and his tackling is not that great either. This is the 4th signing a top half Championship side would be happy with, not a team trying to establish in the Premership.

If this is the best our Chief Scout can do then Chelsea can have him quite honestly. Can we not widen our ambit away from players in Championship?

Surely we should be looking at players with some Prem experience?? Or a decent Bosman from abroad? Reo Coker, Cohen and Wendt all surely better purchases.

Again we are improving squad depth but not the team, I am now worried[/quote]?? Take a deep breath and try to imagine having complete faith in the judgement of a top top manager until they give you a very good reason oherwise.

i would admit that Crofts and Fox performed much better than i was expecting last year and that Paul Lambert is very good in making decent players good, but surely you would agree that its a bit strange that none of the 4 would get straight into our team?

Isn''t that a classic case of squad rather than team improvement? The PL is about quality as well as teamwork and comittment and i fear that we will have the strongest squad we have ever had and one of the weakest teams in the League

I''m with the op on this one but its not slagging the players off we if we were in the championship id be over over the moon with them. But we are playing in the "best league" in the world against the best players, there is nothing at all thats getting me excited about who we have bought. I will be first to hold my hand up and say i''m wrong if they turn out to keep us up but just at min its not doing it for me.

I have held my fire on our summer signings but the signing of Bradley Johnson is the last straw for me, whenever i have seen him he has misplaced passes and shots, and his tackling is not that great either. This is the 4th signing a top half Championship side would be happy with, not a team trying to establish in the Premership.

Again we are improving squad depth but not the team, I am now worried

yawn

Crabby;

Yes, I trust his judgement generally on tactics and coaching and on past transfer dealings to a large degree, but this summer i am not convinced at all, sorry.

Paul Lambert is a great Manager but this is his first time in the PL, and I am not sure about his strategy., in getting Championship players in to play at a higher level for 1st time or largely 1st time with Vaughan

I think the following Lambert statement (as reported by Rick Waghorn) says it all:

And the beauty for me is that the lads that we’ve identified I’ve seen playing myself, so I know exactly what they’re like. And it’s not as if we’re buying people for £10 million or anything like that.

“These are lads that – in my own opinion – will do fine for us. But I also know that there is a balancing act for January time.”

So, if the manager of the club, who has taken this club from bottom of League 1 (well would have been bottom if Saints didn''t start on -10) straight into the Premiership - not via the play-offs - says in his opinion that these players will do fine for us, then, with all due respects to jamesg, but what makes you consider that your opinion is so significantly superior to that of PL? (Maybe DMcN needs to be made aware of your talents...........or there again, perhaps not!)

Sorry stopped reading when you mentioned Reo Coker or "Mediocre" as he''s widely known, these highly paid insipid players are exactly the sort we should be avoiding.

To stay up, which is our aim, we only need to be better than the worst three teams. With Lambert''s strategy of signing ''hungry'' talented players on the way up rather than ''well-fed'' journeymen on the way down, I''m sure that we can avoid relegation, and with his ability to get the best out of players we may well do much better than that.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Do you think we can pay millions to Reo Coker?

Is Reo Coker any good?

[/quote]hahaha Reo-Coker, Cohen and Wendt... boy am I glad he isn''t our manager!An over inflated opinion about how good he believes the Premiership to be and somebody who would get us immediately relegated.The Premiership isn''t fantastic and it is deluded people like this who think that you should be signing a load of Premiership, or foreign flops that means so many newly promoted teams do have difficulty in surviving.Lambert, Culverhouse and McNally are going about it in exactly the right way and long may it continue.As Cloughie would''ve said, "ever thought about being a Chairman jamesg?  They know nothing about football!"

I completly agree after all, it''s not like Lambert has a history of making player most have never heard of into sta.... oh.Well it''s not like there are players capable of stepping up from the championship who were pretty average in it... apart from, y''know Matt Jarvis, David Vaughan, DJ Campell, Matt Phillips (who played in a poor league 1 side) and especially Matt Gilks I mean what have they done recently?Then again it''s not like Lambert has decades of expierience when it comes to football, had a very succesful playing career has worked at 4 clubs and never been sacked or acheived the first back to back promotion to the Premier League in a decade or passed several strenuous UEFA coaching badges.In fact whay are we even paying this man! He obviously has no idea what he''s doing, whilst you obviously know what you''re talking about. That Reo-Coker is a quality player! It''s not like he was deemed surplus to requirements by an Aston VIlla side that was almost relegated or on very expensive wages, far in excess to any other player on Norwich''s squad.If only Lambert had your impeccible judgment as we obviously would''ve signed nothing but quality like Lee Hendrie!

Johnson has not blown me away either in the few games I''ve seen, BUT... We must always get behind our own, and give them 110% backing when they''ve got that yellow and green on, whether they''re established players or new faces. I''m looking forward to seeing Lambert working his magic with these lads, and welcoming them into the fold.

OTBC

So, if the manager of the club, who has taken this club from bottom of League 1 (well would have been bottom if Saints didn''t start on -10) straight into the Premiership - not via the play-offs - says in >his opinion that these players will do fine for us, then, with all due respects to jamesg, but what makes you consider that your opinion is so significantly superior to that of PL? (Maybe DMcN needs to be made aware of your talents...........or there again, perhaps not!)

Paul Lambert knows more about Football and Norwich no question, his powers of motivation are absolutely outstanding and his tactics are pretty good as well. Fans can express concern without the Roeder like comments I would hope however

Can i just ask a question if all 7 signings are from the Championship which now looks odds on, how much difference do you think a top Manager makes? In other words have we got enough to work with? All Managers will admit that once players are on the pitch then that''s largely it.

Has a team with about 30 PL Games experience between them ever done ok in the past??

This has angered me. There are very few premiership players we can afford who haven''t failed to get in regularly at that level or who would actually put in a shift for Norwich. Witha coupleof very expensive exceptions the ones that have gone down have failed at that level essentially and will be going into the new season with a losing mentality. I totally back the strategy Lambert and the board are deploying and am thrilled with the signings so far. Lambert''s built a big powerful strike force which has goals in it, proven goalscorers and looks to be working on a good mix of midfielders to support the ones we already have who aren''t half decent anyway. I would hold fire before you comment, at least until you''ve seen the signings play for Norwich.  As other posters have pointed out, Lambert has seen these guys first hand and knows he can work with them.  Remember he has played at the very highest level himself. I''m guessing you probably haven''t. So stop whining and wait and see how it all pans out, you''re gonna wish you hadn''t posted this in a few months time!

Is the OP serious?! I can''t believe that some fans would even think about questioning PL''s signings,for gods sake look at what this club has done with unfancied players,Holt,Crofts,Martin,Fox all couldn''t cut it according to fans when we signed them but how many of those same fans would be the first to moan on here if we sold any of the mentioned players tomorrow?! Get a grip on reality and realise we have a class manager who can turn Glass into Diamonds,believe!!!

[quote user="jamesg"]

So, if the manager of the club, who has taken this club from bottom of League 1 (well would have been bottom if Saints didn''t start on -10) straight into the Premiership - not via the play-offs - says in >his opinion that these players will do fine for us, then, with all due respects to jamesg, but what makes you consider that your opinion is so significantly superior to that of PL? (Maybe DMcN needs to be made aware of your talents...........or there again, perhaps not!)

Paul Lambert knows more about Football and Norwich no question, his powers of motivation are absolutely outstanding and his tactics are pretty good as well. Fans can express concern without the Roeder like comments I would hope however

Can i just ask a question if all 7 signings are from the Championship which now looks odds on, how much difference do you think a top Manager makes? In other words have we got enough to work with? All Managers will admit that once players are on the pitch then that''s largely it.

Has a team with about 30 PL Games experience between them ever done ok in the past??[/quote]

James Vaughan alone has played 47 Prem games. You clearly are a toolbox. ''They don''t play in the Prem, therefore they can''t play in the Prem''

I don''t think we''ll ever see you on this board again, at least not as ''jamesg'', because everyone here will know ''jamesg'' as a synonym for a lack of understanding how football works.

[quote user="jamesg"] Can i just ask a question if all 7 signings are from the Championship which now looks odds on.........[/quote]We''re signed two players, and only one of them is from the Championship!And who is Wendt?

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"][quote user="jamesg"] Can i just ask a question if all 7 signings are from the Championship which now looks odds on.........[/quote]
We''re signed two players, and only one of them is from the Championship!
And who is Wendt?
[/quote]

And if we sign Bennett, he is from League One. [:D]

Also jamesg can you elaborate on the identity of these two players we have no idea about as you obviouslyhaveinside info which goes along nicely with your worldly knowledge of football.

For most of our players this may be only shot they get at making it in the premier league i.e they will fit in to Lamberts hungry players mantra. are the likes of Reo Coker, Upson and the like going to bust a gut for us safe in the knowledge that if we are relegated they will move onto another club.

Vaughan is 23 and mainly due to injuries has not had a run of games at Everton - tbh, I am pretty excited at his signing.

Presumably, if we were to add the likes of Snodgrass, Whittingham & Graham you would be disappointed with these signings as well?

This is a wind up innit! OP is a desperate scummer or a panicking leeds fan! Certainly can''t be a Norwich boy anyway. Fair play mate you''ve done us all!