Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

How About Martin Taylor ?

Still only 31 Premiership experience.

Will chip in with the odd goal, Loved it when he was here on loan.

Not too many Centre Halves leave the impression he did during a loan

Wouldn''t break the bank - he was excellent when he was here on loan. If our main objective is to perform well enough to stay (comfortably) in the Prem, then a player like Martin Taylor is a good solid proposal.

No thanks, did ok in his time here but now we have money we can get someone better than him.

Nope, would have been ideal when we had him on loan, but not now. Saw him at Watford this year and did not stand out as a defender who could hold his own in the prem.

Def. need a centre half with pace, still think we may get a european centre half

[quote user="kdncfc"]No thanks, did ok in his time here but now we have money we can get someone better than him.
[/quote]

Not if PL keeps buying all these strikers and midfielders! The yellow & green piggy-bank will be empty soon...

I would have him here in a flash.  I don''t agree with the poster who said he didn''t look that good this season.  I went both home and away against Watford and I thought he was terrific in both.  He doesn''t have much pace but in the air he was immense and we won nothing of him in that department.  He''s 31 which for me is a good age for a centre back, he''s solid as a rock, been here before and wouldn''t cost much, the perfect signing IMO.

Hasn''t got enough pace in my opinion.

He isn''t a "ball playing defender" unlike majority of top premier league defenders, more likely to just punt it clear which most of the time just gives the ball away again.

He was excellent last time he was here BUT you have to remember that was when our team was, with respect, rubbish! It was during our downfall and a lot of players could have come in and looked excellent!

Not good enough for me, we could do so much better.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]He`d certainly be prepared to break a leg for us![/quote][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/nono.gif[/IMG]

I dont think he''d cut it at Premier League level on a consistent basis and it would be abit out of character for Lambert, who seems to go for younger and hungry players not worrying to much about experience. Good player for us when on loan, but just dont see it happening.

Seem to remember he was well up in the opta stats over the season. Obviously they don`t tell the whole story but you can`t be a bad player if you get in the top 10-20. Could do alot worse....