Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Lansbury in the Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3621664/Norwich-win-the-race-to-sign-Bradley-Johnson.html

Article is about Brad Johnson but one line "quote" from Lansbury at the bottom says "I would consider rejoining them (us)".

Would love for this to be true. Lansbury would be a great addition on loan or perm.

The telling quote is in the PinkUn story about Lambert not guaranteeing anyone a place in the team, towards the end once asked about Lansbury he says;''At this minute in time I have spoken to Arsenal. I will try and get my

own lads in. I think that is the way to do it at the minute. I might go

down that route. Obviously the loan market since I have been here has

been good for us and Henri was an absolutely massive part to what

happened last year''From that I infer that Lambert did ask Arsenal about buying Lansbury, but they weren''t interesting in selling or the price was too dear for Lambert''s budget.

I agree, I think it''s meant to say "not".

Glad to see Lambert bringing in permanent signings, we can always bring loans in after the window shuts, or in January if we need a boost.

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]I agree, I think it''s meant to say "not". Glad to see Lambert bringing in permanent signings, we can always bring loans in after the window shuts, or in January if we need a boost.[/quote]

I have been duped by the PinkUn, damn them!

Unfortunately in the Premier League loan signings have to be made during the transfer window and the number of loans allowed are dramtically reduced (I think it is only 2 at any one time).

There is a bit of info out there about all of this. That quote from Lansbury is actually quite old - as in straight after the end of the season.

Sky reported that he has been offered a new deal at Arsenal where he still has a year left. He supposedly wants to know if he will be challenging for a first team place next season before committing to them for longer.

If you look at what Lambert has said all it really says is that he is only interested in getting in permanent players at this point in time. He has spoken to Arsenal so I think perhaps he is keeping tabs on the situation.

So far as I can see that means that unless Lansbury becomes available for purchase he is not on the list of priorities right now, nor is any other loan option.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]I agree, I think it''s meant to say "not". Glad to see Lambert bringing in permanent signings, we can always bring loans in after the window shuts, or in January if we need a boost.[/quote]

I have been duped by the PinkUn, damn them!

Unfortunately in the Premier League loan signings have to be made during the transfer window and the number of loans allowed are dramtically reduced (I think it is only 2 at any one time).

[/quote]

2 loans: Pachoe and a goalkeeper?

Read the article Pete. Doesn''t say that at all. It just says Lambert isn''t looking into loan players right now and that he has spoken to Arsenal.

So it sounds like they are only willing to loan him out again. It doesn''t say in there that Arsenal or Lansbury have said he won''t be coming back to Norwich.

A false title really.

[quote user="chicken"]Read the article Pete. Doesn''t say that at all. It just says Lambert isn''t looking into loan players right now and that he has spoken to Arsenal. So it sounds like they are only willing to loan him out again. It doesn''t say in there that Arsenal or Lansbury have said he won''t be coming back to Norwich. A false title really.[/quote]

Must admit, only look at Headline as I passed the News agents counter in Morrisons

[quote user="chicken"]Read the article Pete. Doesn''t say that at all. It just says Lambert isn''t looking into loan players right now and that he has spoken to Arsenal. So it sounds like they are only willing to loan him out again. It doesn''t say in there that Arsenal or Lansbury have said he won''t be coming back to Norwich. A false title really.[/quote]

Well what a surprise!

They can get other clubs to do the work for them, give him match time, increase his profile, train him, coach him and pay his wages. Then they can assess whether he is going to be good enough for them or not.

If he is they win, and the club he is loaned to won''t get the chance of having him. If he isn''t, well never mind, they win as he will have had his value increased, perhaps so much that the club responsible for the increase will no longer be able to afford to buy him.

This loan system works wonders .......... for the richest clubs.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

Well what a surprise!

They can get other clubs to do the work for them, give him match time, increase his profile, train him, coach him and pay his wages. Then they can assess whether he is going to be good enough for them or not.

If he is they win, and the club he is loaned to won''t get the chance of having him. If he isn''t, well never mind, they win as he will have had his value increased, perhaps so much that the club responsible for the increase will no longer be able to afford to buy him.

[/quote]No different really to us loaning out players IE Chris martin and Cody both players came back better players..  Plus it can work both ways as it did for us last year as without lansbury we may not have gone up as he scored some crucial goals.

[quote user="Tony from southrepps"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]

Well what a surprise!

[/quote]
No different really to us loaning out players IE Chris martin and Cody both players came back better players..  Plus it can work both ways as it did for us last year as without lansbury we may not have gone up as he scored some crucial goals.
[/quote]

A world of difference!

We have loaned out players to make a meagre profit or to make them better players. How many? Three, four? How many players are loaned out from the top Premiership clubs? The system was brought in to help the smaller clubs in times of emergencies, now it is used to make the rich even richer and to keep the smaller clubs (like us) in their place. Youngsters are signed with promises that can rarely be kept and quite often have their careers ruined because of it.

When , oh when, oh when are clubs going to wake up to the damage loan players are doing to the game?

What would the likes of Arsenal do with another 17 or 18 (the number of players they had on loan last season) professional players at their club if they could not loan them out? Perhaps they would have to release a few and then perhaps other clubs could have a chance of picking up good players at reasonable prices.

The top clubs now monopolise the top young players in the country (and from abroad if they can get them), have massive squads in the knowledge that they can get other clubs to develop them. Those young players quite often have their progress stiffled by not having permanent clubs but by being pushed out on loan all the time. This is not only detrimental to the player but to English football in general and especially to the smaller clubs.

I would really like to see Henri Lansbury back at Norwich, he is a good player with great potential. -Michaela.x