Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Snodgrass and Llalana and i'll be happy!

I think we''ll have at least 1 big name big money (for us) signing, maybe 2. Llalana might be a long shot but given the players we''ve signed so far I think he''d be a genuine Ashton style investment that''s can also perform straight away at the top level.

I would be delighted if we signed both of them but don''t think we will!

Llalana is the most unlikely of the two. I think he might stay one more year at Southampton and then move on to a Bolton or a Sunderland. I''m not sure where he''d fit in the team at the moment either.

As for Snodgrass. Would be perfect. I''m not sure who i''d pick between him and Elliott Bennett and i think we''ll only get one winger and with the Bennett move near enough nailed on to go through - apparently - i don''t think we''ll end up getting Snoddy. Won''t moan if we get both though!

Llalana is straight back up/competition for Wes. We''ve seen how we miss him when he''s out. Llalana can play a similar role to Wes and is in fact ideally suited to it imho.

Like you say we struggle without Wes but we can''t afford to have two "Luxury" players in the starting 11 and i don''t think Llalana would be willing to sit on the bench.

From that perspective I''d rather bring back Pacheco on loan.

Take your point. I just think we need some creative alternative to Wes. Appreciate this probably won''t be Llalana but we need something in this department. I trust OL to have it covered tho ;)

I''d argue that Snodgrass could fill in for Wes aswell as playing on either wing, so if were to spend bigger money I''d rather it was on him - still young, cracking left foot, great skill, not lightweight and could play a number of positions in midfield

Nothing better than being linked with clearly two very highly talented, cretaive midfielders in Snodgrass and Bennett. Of course I hope that a deal can be worked on both, but lets hope at least one does come off.

I do still think we do need a midfielder to challenge for the base of the diamond, or as a holding midfielder. Fox can spray some passes around, but I would want more of a terrier sitting in front of the back four at times.

[quote user="a1canary"]Llalana is straight back up/competition for Wes. We''ve seen how we miss him when he''s out. Llalana can play a similar role to Wes and is in fact ideally suited to it imho.[/quote]

So you want the club to spend big on a player like Lallan, and then you want him to be on the bench?

Wouldn''t the funds be better used buying first team players in other positions?

Again, I don''t want to be a spoil-sport , Snodgrass would be a fantastic signing imo. But I''m looking at the defense and we do not have any "prospects" there... Definitely need a CB and cover for RB, and a GK. Haven''t heard any rumours on that side, have you...?

Robfleck, we do have a good long time. It is great we are getting players now. I do think we will get competition for the right back position and a centre back.

I am sure we are looking at defensive options too. I did see on a skysports report, the elliott bennet story, that Lambert had been promised most of the £39million tv money. Now I certainly don''t believe we have been given all that money for signings this window and the next.

But I do believe we will spend a good 10-12 million this summer. Which is an extraordinary figure for a club where a few years ago would only dream of signing a under 21 international striker, sign another international striker and looking at great young midfielders.

As of yet we haven''t looked to Europe, there may well be a player in those positions that we are looking at. Either way the transfer window is an exciting time and I am sure we will have new news each and every week linking us with players etc.

Ah thought that was a comment i wouldn''t expect from Bethanl Green Yellow. But that''s because you''re Bethnal Yellow and Green! He''s not prone to complete misinterpretation of posts. Of course i don''t want us to spend big on someone who sits on the bench but does that mean we aren''t allowed to buy an alternative creative midfielder to Lord Wes? Llallana would be an Ashton-esque investment (i.e. one who''s value very quickly exceeds what we pay for him, even if it''s 3-4m) and he''s still very young. Wes is 28. He would be genuine competition, not a benchwarmer and he would regularly get in the side on merit. Sure he may not make the 1st XI straight away but what a squad we''d have if we could get him. I do think it''s unlikely as Soton will be desperate to keep hold and he''s probably happy in himself to be moving up to the Championship. I just think he''d be a great addition. I also accept what Alysha says though that Snodgrass could be a creative alternative also - to be honest i don''t know if Snodgrass is that kind of player (seems that he has played on the wing for Leeds) but he could be. Don''t think he''s as tricky and smooth on the ball as Wes or Llalana though.