Sign in to follow this  
unique

So many fans unhappy with potential new signing....

...and it''s hardly surprising!!

Bucketloads of Liverpool fans questioning Daglish''s (nay, King Kenny''s) sanity!!

£20m for Henderson?? Ok, it probably won''t end up quite as much as that, but give me Bennett for £1.5m or Johnson for free, any time of day.....

Ridiculous sum.

Liverpool determined to pay at least 3 x any players value even in this inflated market!

What worries me is Ngog as part of the deal moves Pacheco up in the pecking order...? :s

He''s building for the future, They want Phil Jones as well. I can see his way of thinking.

Andy Carroll was worth about £8-10mill in this market imo. £35mill for a player who had scored 12 goals in 42ish Prem games prior to the transfer. What a joke.

For the money they have spent - Liverpool could have built a far superior squad to what they have. When you think Van Der Vaart cost Spurs about £7-8mill, kinda puts it in perspective.

Although I think they got a good deal on Suarez to be fair. Great little, player who will be worth £40mill + in a few years.

Speaking of high-profile transfers - the reported £6.6mill Man U got from Villareal for Giuseppe Rossi looks a good bit of business from the Spanish side as he is off to Barca for £30mill + next week!!

Ha, would this be the same Rossi who couldn''t get into Rodent''s Newcastle team whilst on loan, causing Fergie to complain? What an odious, short-sighted little man Roeder is...

£20m for Henderson is ridiculous, Ashley Young is expected to leave Villa for Manure for £16m, and he''s now an England regular.  The transfer market at the top end is just out of control following the £50m for Torres nonsense. Liverpool even paid less for Suarez than they''re paying for Henderson, and he''s going to be up there with the best of them in some years.  At this rate, I fully expect them to bid £30m for Downing in the coming weeks!

[quote user="kick it off"] When you think Van Der Vaart cost Spurs about £7-8mill, kinda puts it in perspective. [/quote]The way I understood it was that VDV only cost that amount as he wasn''t about to be given a squad number by Real Madrid, and that an agreement to sell him to Bayern for a lot more fell through very close to the transfer window closing. They were left with with two options, sell him quickly for less than he was worth or have him at Real sat doing nowt with no value at all.

But when you consider that Jordan Henderson is one of the best young midfielders in the country at the moment the price suddenly isnt that horrific.

I think Henderson will go on to be an England regular for years to come. I class him in a similar bracket to Jack Wilshere.

Also, could everyone use some perspective. If we had a player on our books, with his talent would we expect much less.

I think Liverpool are paying slightly over the odds but not as much as people are making out. Great signing by Kenny if he joins. He in my opinion is building a new dynasty at Liverpool using some of the best young talent in the game. Phil Jones would be another excellent signing for them if it happens.

remember how much young rooney went for? English talent is much more expensive than foreign prospects. Due to the new home grown player rules

[quote user="kick it off"]Andy Carroll was worth about £8-10mill in this market imo. £35mill for a player who had scored 12 goals in 42ish Prem games prior to the transfer. What a joke.

For the money they have spent - Liverpool could have built a far superior squad to what they have. When you think Van Der Vaart cost Spurs about £7-8mill, kinda puts it in perspective.

Although I think they got a good deal on Suarez to be fair. Great little, player who will be worth £40mill + in a few years.[/quote]Players are worth what other clubs are willing to pay for them. Andy Carrol is worth £35 million in Liverpool''s eyes and £8-£10 million in your eyes. Newcastle will push for the best deal.Anyway whats the concern with other clubs buisness? If Liverpools very rich owners want to spen very large ammounts of money on players, let them. It''s their money and it doesn''t concern us(and if one of our players has a really good season and is under the age of 25 this new Liverpool transfer policy of spending large sums of money might come in handy!) 

[quote user="Evil Monkey Wizard"]Ashley Young is expected to leave Villa for Manure for £16m, and he''s now an England regular.  [/quote]I''ve seen AY play quite a few times for Villa and consider him to be just another quite ordinary player. This £16m valuation appears to be based on the fact he''s appeared for England what twice? which imo is more a reflection on how weak the England setup is under cappello rather than how good Ashley Young is.I for one will not be holding my breath waiting for AY to provide any match winning performances for the national team, he''s a 1 in 5 scorer at prem level that''s eight goals a year average which is well not exactly £16m worth of talent to me.[:S]

[quote user="kick it off"]Andy Carroll was worth about £8-10mill in this market imo. £35mill for a player who had scored 12 goals in 42ish Prem games prior to the transfer. What a joke. For the money they have spent - Liverpool could have built a far superior squad to what they have. When you think Van Der Vaart cost Spurs about £7-8mill, kinda puts it in perspective. Although I think they got a good deal on Suarez to be fair. Great little, player who will be worth £40mill + in a few years.[/quote]

But if Andy Carroll plays for Liverpool for the next 10 years and scores plenty of goals then £35m is money very well spent.

He''s a far better player and got far more potential than many people seem to realise (although obviously King Kenny has realised it).

As it goes, at this stage, my guess would be that over the next few years Carroll will be a much bigger success for Liverpool than VDV will be for Tottenham.