Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Gill to Bristol Rovers

Delighted for him to have joined someone so quickly. Gives him a good chance to get to know his new team mates.

I am sure he will do a cracking job in that league as well

Hope it goes well for him. Never let us down when called upon and came across as a real team man. Probably a better player than many people on here gave him credit for.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Hope it goes well for him. Never let us down when called upon and came across as a real team man. Probably a better player than many people on here gave him credit for.[/quote]

I agree.

Gill always impressed me when I saw him play in home games. Best of luck to him [:)]

to be honest I cannot remember him making any meaningful contribution to anything other than...

1) chasing around aimlessly like a child chasing bubbles from one of those toy lawnmowers v Colchester in the 7-1

2) doing a quite long throw v Millwall last year - "...our Delap" - button it Goreham

3) getting bevvied early doors and looking 20 seconds away from whiteying throughout the League 1 end of season dinner, and he was wearing a waistcoat.

Did what was asked of him when needed, and sounded like a big man in the dressing room. Hopefully he settles in well at his new club. Thank you and all the best Matt!

As I live and work in Bristol and get to the Memorial Ground as much as I can , I''m quite excited about this.  Rovers have been seriously lacking in anything resembling quality (except Will Hoskins, who has now gone), so if he does come he will stand out as a top player (big fish in a very small pond!).I always thought he did okay when he pulled on the yellow and green.  Not the most talented, but hard working and committed - something else that Rovers have lacked!

[quote user="Wizard Wizard Wizard Wizard"]

Thanks for your help Matt and Good Luck.

[/quote]Was you Waz once Wiz Wiz Wiz Wiz or was Wiz Waz once? [*-)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wizard Wizard Wizard Wizard"]

Thanks for your help Matt and Good Luck.

[/quote]Was you Waz once Wiz Wiz Wiz Wiz or was Wiz Waz once? [*-)]

[/quote]

He doesn''t know Lapps, just like all the other so called wizards on here, that they have all now become victims of the wizards first rule.

Hilarious and all too easy!

Carry on.......suckers! [:D]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Funny that Exeter and Walsall were mentioned to want him yet he went to a relegated club. Anyway, best of luck Matt.[/quote]

Somebody later in the thread mentions that he has been in four successive promotions. If that is the case then, he can make a little bit of history at  Rovers with a fifth but would have little to no chance with Exeter or Walsall. Good luck Matt.

I think Bristol Rovers probably pay better than Exeter and Walsall too. But yes, good player who I think could make at Championship level in the right circumstances. L2 is far too low a standard for him.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]As I live and work in Bristol and get to the Memorial Ground as much as I can , I''m quite excited about this.  Rovers have been seriously lacking in anything resembling quality (except Will Hoskins, who has now gone), so if he does come he will stand out as a top player (big fish in a very small pond!).

I always thought he did okay when he pulled on the yellow and green.  Not the most talented, but hard working and committed - something else that Rovers have lacked!

[/quote]

Agreed. He will be massive for the rovers. well done them.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]I think Bristol Rovers probably pay better than Exeter and Walsall too. But yes, good player who I think could make at Championship level in the right circumstances. L2 is far too low a standard for him.
[/quote]

L1/L2 is his kind of level. Well short of being genuine Championship quality.

Good luck to him though, seems like a good guy.