Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

All Quiet on Snodgrass

Shame he is one that i think could step up and make a major impact. Obviously stuff may be going one behind the scenes but we have not had a bennett/Morrison i want a transfer reaction. After an initial torrent on waccoe that has goen quiet too.

Villa are set to lose Ashley Young to Man Utd for £16-18mill and possibly Downing to Liverpool. With that sort of cash and the need for widemen I think they''ll be favourites to sign Snodgrass UNLESS we can tie up a deal before they appoint a new manager.

I would love him to sign but as the days go by it looks less likely to me.

[quote user="Stevo"]Villa are set to lose Ashley Young to Man Utd for £16-18mill and possibly Downing to Liverpool. With that sort of cash and the need for widemen I think they''ll be favourites to sign Snodgrass UNLESS we can tie up a deal before they appoint a new manager. I would love him to sign but as the days go by it looks less likely to me.[/quote]

Surely they could afford replacing them with someone better though, couldn''t they?

I''d have said max 6 before i heard anything about our bid so i''d pay 5 for him BUT i think we''ll only get one winger this transfer window and Bennett is just as good and a lot less cash so i think financially, and ability-wise, we''re better off getting him.

Isn''t the offer for Jamie O''Hara from Spurs to Wolves about 4 or 5 million. Now he has been on loan for two seasons in the premiership, played well at both pompey and Wolves.

I think he warrants that value, Snodgrass I believe 3.5 again is a good figure. I would not be disappointed if we paid more but it just shows the ridiculous fees being paid for British players.

We are seeing it today with Jones and Hnederson both for a fee close to 16 million each. No wonder clubs look abroad for players, these prices are ridiculous. I for one hope Andy Carroll is a flop, 35 million he is worth probably less than half that. It is absolutely ridiculous.

But in todays inflated prices I think Snodgrass could go for more than 3.5 million. If he comes here for a bit more then he does, he certainly is a very good young player who could walk into our first team.

2:46
Editor: 
More from Leeds chairman Ken Bates who says Norwich have been told to put their £3.5million offer for winger Robert Snodgrass "where the sun doesn''t shine." For more transfer updates, follow me on Twitter - @skysportswebed

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]

2:46

Editor: 

More from Leeds chairman Ken Bates who says Norwich have been told to put their £3.5million offer for winger Robert Snodgrass "where the sun doesn''t shine." For more transfer updates, follow me on Twitter - @skysportswebed [/quote]

Today???

Bates has told clubs bidding for Leeds best players to stick their bids , Snodgrass must be very unlikely now.

Bates comments seem to indicate that he will not be coming here at least in the short term which is a shame.If Lambert rates him he may be persistent as he was with Bennett. What the player thinks is important too though he is on a long contract anf appears happy at Leeds. I guess the fortunes of the 2 clubs will be important in the first half of the new season. Do Norwich look like staying up and do Leeds look as if they may go up. If Leeds look on course i guess he will stay put, if not then he needs to move on but only to a club that looks like staying in the premiership. If we have a decent points tally we will be attractive if not why should he bother