Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

NCFC PR

Firstly can I just say I''m over the moon that Deano has signed and could not have asked for more from the Board (although another midfielder wouldn''t go amiss)

But was it all really that neccesary ?

Did Worthy need to take us to the edge of despair by saying in all likelyhood we could afford nobody ?

Fair enough to state Bent or Ashton are out of our price range but that they are working really hard to try and get some quality into the squad from elsewhere.

Ok so I presume some of it was posturing for the benefit of the board but I still think he really didn''t need to put us through it the way he did.

So lets all forgive each other and move forward.

KG, the people who have faith in this Board moved forward a long time ago. That faith will remain strong even if things don''t materialize the way we would prefer in the short term, e.g. if we only pick up 3 or 4 points in the next 5 or 6 games. The bigger picture is what''s important and, clearly, that is what the club is building toward, brick by brick. Let''s see if more of us can demonstrate that patience moving forward, so that there is not a tendency to work the expectation level up to an unrealistic level and cause people get all antsy again. 

YC you missed a word out "Blind" faith.

My point was only in reference to the depressing spin coming from carrow rd, I considered it excessive and indeed offensive.

Whilst I wouldn''t claim that I could outdo worthy (i''ve never even played championship manager) I felt we hadn''t used our position to move forward the playing side of the team sufficiently fearing that a newly relegated premiership team would in all likelihood lose a number of the best players plus an exodus of the recent signings to pastures greener leaving us (again in my opinion) with a poorer team than the one that got us promoted leaving us unlikely to do the miraculous bounce back so often talked about.

I still consider that even with the nucleus of the side we now have it is by no means a forgone conclusion (I would suggest no better than 50% probability, the championship is a difficult league to get out of as we know)

I have stated elsewhere I am not worried about success or failure if we go down fighting having done all we can I will not be unhappy, in fact I will be proud and look forward to next season in the championship safe in the knowledge that we did our best.

I Quote......

It is not the critic who counts,
or how the strongman stumbled and fell,
or where the doer of deeds
could have done better.

The credit belongs to the man
who is actually in the arena,
who knows the great enthusiasms,
the great devotion,
and who spends himself
in a worthy cause.

If he fails,
at least he fails while daring greatly,
so that he may never be
one of those cold and timid souls,
who know neither victory nor defeat

Have I been drinking ? Nope

[quote]YC you missed a word out "Blind" faith. My point was only in reference to the depressing spin coming from carrow rd, I considered it excessive and indeed offensive. Whilst I wouldn''t claim that I c...[/quote]

You considered it offensive? Get a grip man!

Any way the board/manager choose to play their hand for the benefit of Norwich City is OK by me, as long as its legal.

Suffering mental torture is what being a football fan is all about, get with the program!

No business can ever negotiate in public and may actually use public utterances ("Ashton is too expensive") to get a better deal, although it might have been better PR if they had said that they were determined to bring in some additional capability in the January window. NW has consistently said he needed to strengthen the squad. In reality it was only a short period that we were on tenterhooks for and sometimes we need to recognise commercial reality in our thirst for information. We are not the ones who live or die by choosing those who come in, get sold, and get selected, nor do we have to negotiate in the background of established Prem sides which might pip us at the post. What seems an age to us in the absence of news is just a small part of the timescales needed for big money deals.

So I agree with you that maybe they could have handled it a bit better from our perspective, but I do think they have done a pretty good job. Not many clubs these days can treble their transfer record (imagine that at Man Utd- Green for £100million?)