Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

Re: Leon McKenzie Facing 12 years in prison....

Have you been on the beers or something? I don''t see any section of my post which suggests that he is a bad human being or attempts to rubbish him, it was intended to elighten Norwich fans about a news topic which has been well discussed on Northampton forums, Coventry forums and Crystal Palace forums. That comes as a direct result of me seeing constant references on here to him being "not good enough" for Northampton, when the truth is that they wouldn''t want to risk giving him another contract in the circumstances (which club would?).Thank you for telling me how much you liked Leon McKenzie as a player. I suggest that you reread my post, where I specifically state that at his best he would have been good enough to get into our current team. There could not have been a greater compliment, it would involve Simeon Jackson getting relegated to the bench. And no, I have never done anything quite that serious, but that is besides the point. My point being that he isn''t going to be playing football for Northampton next year as a result of a court case, not as a result of his fitness or lack of talent. Sorry for anybody else who has posters of Leon McKenzie on their bedroom walls, I understand if you are deeply unhappy at my decision to share a news article. I was the same, when I was about 8 years old.

I''m not sure how Leon would view this thread, but hopefully he doesn''t see it, given that he left us some time ago now. Apologies for getting the wrong end of the stick on your post, you could forgive me for thinking this thread was a subtle attempt to drag his name through the mud. Didn''t think my post towards yourself was that harsh at all, just a couple of genuine questions. No posters but I was 8 once and do have respect for the bloke. Again, apologies, not on the sauce but perhaps I''m up a bit later than I should be, hence interpreting your thread the wrong way ;)

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="LeJuge"]I lurk on here quite a bit and see a few references to Leon McKenzie, the latest one being that he is trying to become a singer etc.

Everybody seems to be oblivious to the fact that he is facing up to 12 years in prison however, for 6 counts of perverting the course of justice, he is expected to get 4 months - 2 years for each offence, so 2 - 12 years in jail. Of course, you can all be forgiven for that, seeing as we actually have great stuff to talk about for once so don''t need to stalk the careers of former players.

I found it somewhat amusing on a previous thread that an apparent Northampton based City fan who goes to Northampton games seemed to not know this on a thread which was pretty much dedicated to have crap Leon is at footy (short memories, clearly, would get in our team at his best), everybody else in Northampton does.

Leon did alright for Northampton this year, banged in 10 goals, but has clearly now made himself untouchable. To be honest, doesn''t surprise me.

[/quote]

---

You do realise he hasn''t been found guilty of anything yet? The only person who has convicted him so far - "has clearly now made hmself untouchable" - is you, with yourr inappropriate user name. He is only facing possible jail time if convicted. Nothing has been proved. There are so far just charges. He can''t be expected to get jailed for what you describe as these offences because as things stand there are no offences. Only alleged offences.

I would also be fascinated to know why the supposed criminality of someone yet to be convicted "doesn''t surprise" you.

[/quote]

Only just seen this other glorious "who cares about that innocent until proven guilty nonsense" quote from Le Juge:

"Nobody is going to touch him this summer with that looming over his head, but he has clearly brought it all on himself."

There was a theory that the case of the racist twitter would make people think twice about what they posted on the internet, but obviously the message hasn''t got through to everyone.

Hmmm. Purple Canary''s posts suggest to me that perhaps these bleary eyes had not misread ''The Judge''s opening post afterall. May have jumped the gun with that apology...

OK let me clarify a couple of things. My username has been my username since creating this account, Le Juge being the nickname of Julian Brellier, if the web team want to confirm that they can. I have just read back my post, and realise that I should have approached it slightly differently, in that there is of course the possibility that he will be found not guilty. The first bit that you are highlighting in red could pretty much be lifted from any of the articles, including the BBC one, if found guilty (the only bit that I missed from my post as you quite clearly point out) of all offences he could face 12 years in prison. Essentially though, the basic principle remains the same. No club is going to give him a contract and risk paying him to be in prison are they? Irrespective of whether he gets found guilty or not guilty. To be likened to a racist, or to that racist Twitter incident, that frankly astounds me.... and doesn''t deserve reply. I am sharing a news article, not doing anything illegal. Perhaps I should have put this post into context, I realise that I did a bad job of doing so. Since April the rest of the football world has been aware of this incident, whilst Norwich fans have been oblivious to it whilst in the midst of their hedonism and pure ecstacy and delight at promotion to the best league in world football. This post by me may seem sinister, I appreciate that, it would have looked a lot better if stuck on the end of this thread:http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2527209/ShowPost.aspxWhich it would of been, had I been able to locate it before posting. Where Norwich fans clearly show themselves as oblivious to this fact. If anything, I''m just trying to point out that McKenzie hasn''t necessarily "had it", but has a lot of other stuff going on. There have been other threads too.I just wanted to share some news, sorry if it offends.

I hope that puts my post in a little context, this is genuinely news that had gone over the heads of Norwich fans (the article from April, that thread and a couple of others in May).It was picked up by Palace fans: http://www.cpfc.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-218933.htmlon 606: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A83259804On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/cpfcdotorg/statuses/66254816329998337Charlton fans: http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/36689/leon-mckenzie-joins-northampton/p1And a few other places. Norwich fans missed it, well now they know, the end.

FFS, "IF" he did break the speed limit 6 times and "IF" he did try to cover it up then throw the book at him. "IF" this was a one off incident then maybe I would not even comment, but 6 times?

[quote user="LeJuge"]

OK let me clarify a couple of things. My username has been my username since creating this account, Le Juge being the nickname of Julian Brellier, if the web team want to confirm that they can.

I have just read back my post, and realise that I should have approached it slightly differently, in that there is of course the possibility that he will be found not guilty.

The first bit that you are highlighting in red could pretty much be lifted from any of the articles, including the BBC one, if found guilty (the only bit that I missed from my post as you quite clearly point out) of all offences he could face 12 years in prison.

Essentially though, the basic principle remains the same. No club is going to give him a contract and risk paying him to be in prison are they? Irrespective of whether he gets found guilty or not guilty.

To be likened to a racist, or to that racist Twitter incident, that frankly astounds me.... and doesn''t deserve reply. I am sharing a news article, not doing anything illegal.

Perhaps I should have put this post into context, I realise that I did a bad job of doing so. Since April the rest of the football world has been aware of this incident, whilst Norwich fans have been oblivious to it whilst in the midst of their hedonism and pure ecstacy and delight at promotion to the best league in world football.

This post by me may seem sinister, I appreciate that, it would have looked a lot better if stuck on the end of this thread:

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2527209/ShowPost.aspx

Which it would of been, had I been able to locate it before posting. Where Norwich fans clearly show themselves as oblivious to this fact. If anything, I''m just trying to point out that McKenzie hasn''t necessarily "had it", but has a lot of other stuff going on. There have been other threads too.

I just wanted to share some news, sorry if it offends.

[/quote]

Afraid that won''t do, LeJuge.

1. The bit you missed out - the bit about "if found guilty" - is the most important bit. You can''t dismiss it as just one aspect of the report.

2. In both your posts on the subject you effectively convict Mckenzie.  "He has clearly now made hmself untouchable."  Only if he ''s guilty is he possibly untouchable. And: "He has clearly brought it all on himself." Again, only if he''s guilty.That is the basic principle here. Innocent until guilty. Except in your eyes.

3. I didn''t liken you to a racist. I likened you to an idiot who didn''t think before posting.

A slight exaggeration here anyway as anybody that gets 12 years only serves 6 with good behaviour.  

"Afraid that won''t do, LeJuge."

And who the hell are you to say whether it will "do" or not?

As far as I can see, LeJuge was highlighting a relevant article regarding one of our former players (and former fan''s favourite) and was actually complimentary of him.

He averred that the reason he has not got a contract for next season is not down to fitness or talent, but the fact that he is facing a possible conviction and consequential prison sentence. Therefore in his eyes, he has been rendered "untouchable" in the eyes of clubs looking at recruiting a striker this off season.

Now, I''ve never been a football manager, club Chairman or Chief Executive. However, I do not think I''m too far off the money in assuming, as LeJuge seems to have, that they would be somewhat loathe to offer a deal to someone whilst the possibility of a prison sentence looms. It''s got nothing to do with rendering him guilty or innocent. It is simple common sense that a club would await the resolution of the allegations before committing to paying a player for the duration of a contract, when for some part of that contract it is a possibility that he might not be available to play.