Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Lambert will sell more players

All I can say about the Cody is he good enough debate is look at players like Chris smalling. Dj Campbell. Ian wright. Who started off at lower league and look how some of them have ended up. On the other hand he may not be good. So let''s let Paul lambert make that decision

Didnt Lambert say this in the edp about a week ago and at the same time he seemed to suggest it was S.Smith and Hughes who were on the way out. Of course other players may well go but i would have thought it was totally dependant on suitable offers or if they might be make weights. C.Martin has been a player Lambert has always rated i dont think he''ll let him go on the cheap, unless the player himself asks to leave.

[quote user="paul moy"]

Cody actually scored 25 goals, 10 of which were with his head, after missing the first month of the season through an ankle injury, and played through a thigh injury in the final few weeks of the season. He has that valuable attribute called pace that many of our other strikers lack (Holt, Martin, Wilbraham and Morison) and which is deemed essential for a striker in the Prem. [:D]

[/quote]

Look, we know you''re desperate for him to get a place in the squad but your propaganda campaign is getting ludicrous now. Holt is not the quickest but obviously that''s not too much of a hinderance to him is it? Martin and Wilbraham may not make the cut but one of Morison''s strengths is his pace so you have not done your homework there (or maybe you did and hoped that no one would notice). It''s also telling that you forgot that Vaughan and Jackson are very quick players, so that''s three fast strikers in the squad. What you also have to remember is that the Premiership is full of not only physically but mentally (in a football sense) quicker players than League Two.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Downloads"]

I just can''t see anyone offering 500k for Martin, he hasn''t ever done anything of note in any division has he?

Hope to be proved wrong though.

[/quote]

Did you only start supporting us when we got promoted into the Prem?

Im not Chrissy''s biggest fan but he had a bloody good season in League One!

[/quote]

Err no, did you?  I did laugh at your face though, for your hilarious comment.

Sorry but the number he scored in League One is nothing to write home about. 8 players did that this season (including Cureton), 9 the previous season and 10 before that.

His previous season in league 2 was hardly a success, so I would say league one is his level for now until he improves, which he could do at 22. But i''m not sure a league one side would pay 500k. Fair play if they do.

Personally I would rather keep him as our fifth striker than sell him for not a lot - If I were him though I would find a league one side to get more footy given he missed a lot of 2010-11 and when he did play didn''t do that great.

[quote user="snakepit ric"]All I can say about the Cody is he good enough debate is look at players like Chris smalling. Dj Campbell. Ian wright. Who started off at lower league and look how some of them have ended up. On the other hand he may not be good. So let''s let Paul lambert make that decision[/quote]

Agree totally with this. If Lambert thinks he is good enough, he will stay. I know it''s only league 2, but 25 goals whilst being injured for parts cannot be a bad return. Look where Steve Morison was a couple of years ago, scoring in the conference for Stevenage? Cody was playing a league higher last year, and scored a number of goals. He also did well when he played in league 1. I for one think he should possibly be loaned out to a championship club and see how he progresses. I do believe he has the one assett that causes any defender problems, pace.

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Downloads"]

I just can''t see anyone offering 500k for Martin, he hasn''t ever done anything of note in any division has he?

Hope to be proved wrong though.

[/quote]

Did you only start supporting us when we got promoted into the Prem?

Im not Chrissy''s biggest fan but he had a bloody good season in League One!

[/quote]

Err no, did you?  I did laugh at your face though, for your hilarious comment.

Sorry but the number he scored in League One is nothing to write home about. 8 players did that this season (including Cureton), 9 the previous season and 10 before that.

His previous season in league 2 was hardly a success, so I would say league one is his level for now until he improves, which he could do at 22. But i''m not sure a league one side would pay 500k. Fair play if they do.

Personally I would rather keep him as our fifth striker than sell him for not a lot - If I were him though I would find a league one side to get more footy given he missed a lot of 2010-11 and when he did play didn''t do that great.

[/quote]

Ah right, so were forgetting his actual performances and judging him totally on goals scored?

The front 3 of Holt, Hoolahan and Martin ripped that Division apart! Im not a fan of him because he obviosuly has bags full of talent, but at times a really bad attitude.  

How can you say League One is his Level but want him in the Premier League? Surley you are contradicting yourself there!

I actually think his supporting play is his best facet, but also believe that strikers are paid to score goals.

I know what I said sounds like an oxymoron, but we may well need 5 strikers fearing injuries, but I don''t think we need 5 front line ones and that Martin doesn''t have a bad shot on him and with supporting play, could do a job in the Prem.

I really believe though that young players should play football and not hope progression comes on the training ground and for that reason he should get a league one side, stick 20 in a side that maybe doesn''t win the legue and then make the step up to the Championship where it starts to get tougher.

Martin will stay I hope Cody goes because I dont rate him at all but as always with the majority of Norwich fans I will trust whatever Lambert does. Even though I like the way Wilbraham gives 100% I dont think he will make the step up to the Premiership. Oli Johson is someone who I think everyone believes will be sold, but overall I think that one of Cody or Chrissy Martin.

P.S To the person who said that martin had a poor season all I can say is oooohhhh Dear

I guess we just measure strikers in different ways, if I wanted someone who was a team player in an advanced position I would buy an attacking midfielder, for me strikers must score goals and his ratio this season wasn''t good.

I''m not saying he''s useless or I wouldn''t want him for the coming season, I was just questioning some people''s valuations - But whatever, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think most people have highlighted the player we are likely to get rid of - however I see PL keeping the players below as come under the u-21/home grown banner thus not affecting our 25 man squad.

in order...

KEEP in the squad

K.Smith

C. Martin

Rudd (maybe a loan if we get another no''2 keeper)

Francomb (only if we dont get another right back)

LOAN

Adeyemi (must go to championship this time)

Steer

Daley

Dawkin

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="paul moy"]

Cody actually scored 25 goals, 10 of which were with his head, after missing the first month of the season through an ankle injury, and played through a thigh injury in the final few weeks of the season. He has that valuable attribute called pace that many of our other strikers lack (Holt, Martin, Wilbraham and Morison) and which is deemed essential for a striker in the Prem. [:D]

[/quote]

Look, we know you''re desperate for him to get a place in the squad but your propaganda campaign is getting ludicrous now. Holt is not the quickest but obviously that''s not too much of a hinderance to him is it? Martin and Wilbraham may not make the cut but one of Morison''s strengths is his pace so you have not done your homework there (or maybe you did and hoped that no one would notice). It''s also telling that you forgot that Vaughan and Jackson are very quick players, so that''s three fast strikers in the squad. What you also have to remember is that the Premiership is full of not only physically but mentally (in a football sense) quicker players than League Two.

[/quote]

I did not forget as you say that Vaughan and Jackson are quick strikers. I deliberately left them out of my list of our slower forwards for that reason... try reading my post again..... LOL

An expert on Talksport mentioned that Morison lacks pace and will thus struggle against faster defenders. Time will tell, but I am tempted to believe him rather than you.  

So, are you saying that Cody is not as mentally quick as a reason not to give him a chance ?  LOL

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did not forget as you say that Vaughan and Jackson are quick strikers. I deliberately left them out of my list of our slower forwards for that reason... try reading my post again..... LOL

An expert on Talksport mentioned that Morison lacks pace and will thus struggle against faster defenders. Time will tell, but I am tempted to believe him rather than you.  

I am just going by what several experts (including two of his managers) and the fans says.

So, are you saying that Cody is not as mentally quick as a reason not to give him a chance ?  LOL

I''m saying that he has only been tested against lower league opposition.

[/quote]

Cody to go on loan? but only 12 months left on contract, unless option for another 12. Cash in now CM will not make in Prem.

Cody i''d sell purely becaue he has 1 year left and i think there will be lower league demand for him

Everyone else i''d only loan out if we had instant re-call notice on them, look how long it took for Jackson to come alive. If some of our new signings take 6months to become effective you do not want to be lacking options if your only other strikers injured/suspended/out on loan

Something else worth mentioning is that some managers in the Prem have been heard to say that ''you can never have too many strikers''. Bearing in mind the situation that Birmingham City found themselves in, having no fit strikers towards the end of last season due to injuries and suspensions and getting relegated, I would suggest it worth Paul Lambert bearing that in mind before he lets good striking potential leave on the cheap. Having one or two out on loan with the option of immediate recall is a good form of insurance IMO. Remember for example Vokes and the desperate situation Wolves were in when they recalled him in April from us.  That may well have been enough to keep them up.

[quote user="Ankles"]Cody i''d sell purely becaue he has 1 year left and i think there will be lower league demand for him

Everyone else i''d only loan out if we had instant re-call notice on them, look how long it took for Jackson to come alive. If some of our new signings take 6months to become effective you do not want to be lacking options if your only other strikers injured/suspended/out on loan[/quote]No point selling him, for the £300-400k we''d get for him, we might aswell hold on to him.

He would be a real unknown quantity in the Prem and could suprise a few people.

So to summarise after 4 pages:

This thread confirms all the other similiar threads over the last few weeks

We all agree who is surplus except that there are some very strong opinions both ways on Cody and SuperChris whilst one or two want rid of Ward.