Sign in to follow this  
delboycanary

kit size confusion

here we go again, childrens sizes last year  were   26ys  28ym  30 yl and 32yxl.

why have they changed it like umbro  34 6-7yrs  38 7-8yrs   no 8-9,  940-9-10yrs how do we know what size to get if your kid is 8 and a half yrs old, frustrating. last year he had a youth medium. its not as if the numbers for the sizes represent anything, i''ll just pay £35.00 plus prem badges and name and number on the back in the wrong size shall I

[quote user="tom1902"]or you could get him to try it on and see if it fits before you customize it[/quote]

Sensible posts are not allowed on here!

By the looks of it he''s from Gloucestershire. So to travel to the club shop just to get his kid to try on a shirt seems a bit of a hassle- but phoning and asking is probably quite sensible.

[quote user="tom1902"]or you could get him to try it on and see if it fits before you customize it[/quote]

Best post of the day.

Yes im in gloucestershire, i have decided to go to sports shop tommorrow and compare the size of an errea shirt to his current one. but thanks for the tips.

Labelling is a misnomer anyway as sizes vary according to manufacturer. You only have to look at our previous tops and the complaints over size L and XL from a number of posters. Depends on the fit (style) as well. You have to either try it on or take a gamble at buying the right size

Can you imagine what they would be like if they were from Delboy rather than for Delboy?

''Thats your universal size innit, all the kids are wearing them these days, ain''t that right Rodney?''

My advice would be to buy a bigger size than you would have done in last year''s kit. I know a poster on the main new kit thread said he thought the shirt looked the same size as the previous kit when he saw one in the club shop, but I know from experience with Errea that the sizes are less than generous. The fit is more "tailored" and there isn''t much give in the fabric. Italians are generally much slimmer and slighter in build than Brits!

[quote user="Canarino"]My advice would be to buy a bigger size than you would have done in last year''s kit. I know a poster on the main new kit thread said he thought the shirt looked the same size as the previous kit when he saw one in the club shop, but I know from experience with Errea that the sizes are less than generous. The fit is more "tailored" and there isn''t much give in the fabric. Italians are generally much slimmer and slighter in build than Brits![/quote]And they''re also a nation of posers (my cousins/relatives are some of the worst) so that may mean tighter shirts...

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Canarino"]My advice would be to buy a bigger size than you would have done in last year''s kit. I know a poster on the main new kit thread said he thought the shirt looked the same size as the previous kit when he saw one in the club shop, but I know from experience with Errea that the sizes are less than generous. The fit is more "tailored" and there isn''t much give in the fabric. Italians are generally much slimmer and slighter in build than Brits![/quote]And they''re also a nation of posers (my cousins/relatives are some of the worst) so that may mean tighter shirts...[/quote]......and padded crotches for the shorts ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Canarino"]My advice would be to buy a bigger size than you would have done in last year''s kit. I know a poster on the main new kit thread said he thought the shirt looked the same size as the previous kit when he saw one in the club shop, but I know from experience with Errea that the sizes are less than generous. The fit is more "tailored" and there isn''t much give in the fabric. Italians are generally much slimmer and slighter in build than Brits![/quote]And they''re also a nation of posers (my cousins/relatives are some of the worst) so that may mean tighter shirts...[/quote]......and padded crotches for the shorts ?[/quote]And wearing Russell Martin briefs will be mandatory, and we will be the first club to introduce sunglasses as part of a kit.