Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

£3.5m bid rejected for Snodgrass.

[quote user="colneycanary"]We can''t go anywhere near Snodgrass and give him a medical unless Leeds have accepted our bid for him. Everyone knows this, so I think your talking out of your a***[/quote]

Unless Leeds did accept our bid of 3.5 million, but have publicly said they have rejected it, only to announce in a few days that Norwich inceased their offer and that Snodgrass is set to sign for Norwich for an undisclosed fee, leading Leeds fans to believe the club recieved more than 3.5 million to soften the blow.

Possibly wishfull thinking.....

[quote user="DOGGER"]The person i know who has given me the infomation has nothing to do with the club but to do with the medical side of things, obviously i don''t want to put this person''s job on the line but they were right about Vaughn which i kept quiet about.
I suppose the club can do blood tests, medical examinations etc, etc before a fee can be agreed as they wouldn''t want to bid an amount buying someone with a medical problem for instance! City may be just checking him out but it confirms to me that Lambert is looking at him.
Anyway for all we know a fee has been agreed but it may not be publically made known yet until Ken Bates finds a replacement?

[/quote]

Not being funny but your mate does know the difference between Morison and Snodgrass doesn''t he?

[quote user="DOGGER"]The person i know who has given me the infomation has nothing to do with the club but to do with the medical side of things, obviously i don''t want to put this person''s job on the line but they were right about Vaughn which i kept quiet about.

I suppose the club can do blood tests, medical examinations etc, etc before a fee can be agreed as they wouldn''t want to bid an amount buying someone with a medical problem for instance! City may be just checking him out but it confirms to me that Lambert is looking at him.Anyway for all we know a fee has been agreed but it may not be publically made known yet until Ken Bates finds a replacement?[/quote]

Transfers are usually subject to a medical ie the fees, terms, contracts have been agreed PRIOR to the medicalAs to the tosh about waiting until Bates found a replacement it presumes that we could wait for weeks, the be told he hasn''t found a replacement, then what ?As to the person you know having nothing to do with the club, I''m not sure if you have much to do with reality.

Ricardo - Liverpool rumoured to be after Wickham and they signed Shelvey from Charlton last year so they do dip in to the lower leagues every now and then.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="DOGGER"]The person i know who has given me the infomation has nothing to do with the club but to do with the medical side of things, obviously i don''t want to put this person''s job on the line but they were right about Vaughn which i kept quiet about.

I suppose the club can do blood tests, medical examinations etc, etc before a fee can be agreed as they wouldn''t want to bid an amount buying someone with a medical problem for instance! City may be just checking him out but it confirms to me that Lambert is looking at him.Anyway for all we know a fee has been agreed but it may not be publically made known yet until Ken Bates finds a replacement?[/quote]

Transfers are usually subject to a medical ie the fees, terms, contracts have been agreed PRIOR to the medicalAs to the tosh about waiting until Bates found a replacement it presumes that we could wait for weeks, the be told he hasn''t found a replacement, then what ?As to the person you know having nothing to do with the club, I''m not sure if you have much to do with reality.

[/quote]You''re an intelligent poster City1st. Which is why it is a great shame that your regularly one of the most condescending. Which is why discussions (or ''arguments'', certainly being the operative word), nearly always descend into a verbal joust - unfortunate, because it often hides the actual substance behid your posts.I would also add Dogger has long been a respectable poster on this board, and a more ''constructive'' response than the one you have given him. Moreover, i wonder whether you do, for ''respect'' is a term that seems to evade all too often in your discourse as it is.

As for sifting through all the conceited * you''ve thrown about, i do take issue with your post.One example being that of Solomon Taiwo last season. If reports were to be believed, he had a agreed a contract, though the club failed to both conclude and announce the tranfer on the basis of his medical...http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6184494,00.htmlhttp://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=1725Off the top of my head, the same applies to Shola Ameobi with Ipswich in 2008...http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23541889-ameobis-move-to-ipswich-is-off-after-newcastle-striker-fails-a-medical.doIt seems clubs are at the liberty to announce it whenever they wish, though if there is lingering doubt over the fitness of the player, they may opt not to.

[quote user="John"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="DOGGER"]The person i know who has given me the infomation has nothing to do with the club but to do with the medical side of things, obviously i don''t want to put this person''s job on the line but they were right about Vaughn which i kept quiet about.

[/quote]You''re an intelligent poster City1st. Which is why it is a great shame that your regularly one of the most condescending. Which is why your* discussions (or ''arguments'', certainly being the operative word), nearly always descend into a verbal joust - unfortunate, because it often hides the actual substance behid your posts.I would also add Dogger has long been a respectable poster on this board, and deserves* a more ''constructive'' response than the one you have given him. Moreover, i wonder whether you do, for ''respect'' is a term that seems to evade all too often in your discourse as it is.

As for sifting through all the conceited * you''ve thrown about, i do take issue with your post.One example being that of Solomon Taiwo last season. If reports were to be believed, he had a agreed a contract, though the club failed to both conclude and announce the transfer on the basis of his medical...http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6184494,00.htmlhttp://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=1725Off the top of my head, the same applies to Shola Ameobi with Ipswich in 2008...http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23541889-ameobis-move-to-ipswich-is-off-after-newcastle-striker-fails-a-medical.doIt seems clubs are at the liberty to announce it whenever they wish, though if there is lingering doubt over the fitness of the player, they may opt not to.[/quote]

Hear hear. I feel it was needlessly rubbishing his post.

You used the word PRIOR in bold I presume to attempt to add more weight to your argument but started off by saying "Transfers are usually".

Made me laugh.

As for - "As to the tosh about waiting until Bates found a replacement it presumes that we could wait for weeks, the be told he hasn''t found a replacement, then what ?"

You think a manager has never done this before to placate the fans.

In addition - I would have thought it was obviously Dogger was surmising by the use of the question mark at the end of the sentence, he quite obviously wasn''t passing it off as fact.

[quote user="CRAZY LEGS"]McGugan plays cm ffs[/quote]No he doesn''t... McKenna and Moussi are centre midfield for Forest with Cohen on the left and McGugan on the right recently.  I thought I dispelled the myth that McGugan can''t play on the right last week?  He even played on the right against us in April, giving Tierney a torrid evening!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CRAZY LEGS"]McGugan plays cm ffs[/quote]No he doesn''t... McKenna and Moussi are centre midfield for Forest with Cohen on the left and McGugan on the right recently.  I thought I dispelled the myth that McGugan can''t play on the right last week?  He even played on the right against us in April, giving Tierney a torrid evening![/quote]Just to add that I am not saying you are wrong in saying that McGugan is a centre midfielder, as until recently he always played behind the front two, or off the main striker at Forest, so he could possibly add something different at the tip of the diamond in the Wes position too.It is just that more recently Forest have been using him on the right hand side and he looks damn useful there too!

[quote user="DOGGER"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="DOGGER"]Been told in good faith by someone in the know  [/quote]

I would so, so, so love this to be true.

If you are wrong Dogger, I shall hunt you down :P[/quote]It''s defo true but it don''t mean we will sign him  -at least we know Lambert wants him[/quote]Beautiful back track, bravo. For what it''s worth, I don''t know anything except we went back with another offer after the first got rejected. The person that told me about this £3.5m, and decided to whack it on twitter, knew before skysports or anyone else (as you can see by the time I posted it), so I''m willing to believe it.I do however believe Dogger has decided he''d try and claim a source, after negotiations have been clear.

So, (possibly) the £3.5m offer was rejected on thursday, we learnt about it on friday, the club upped the offer on friday which was accepted (maybe?) paving the way to do the medical this coming week?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CRAZY LEGS"]McGugan plays cm ffs[/quote]

No he doesn''t... McKenna and Moussi are centre midfield for Forest with Cohen on the left and McGugan on the right recently.  I thought I dispelled the myth that McGugan can''t play on the right last week?  He even played on the right against us in April, giving Tierney a torrid evening!
[/quote]

Just to add that I am not saying you are wrong in saying that McGugan is a centre midfielder, as until recently he always played behind the front two, or off the main striker at Forest, so he could possibly add something different at the tip of the diamond in the Wes position too.

It is just that more recently Forest have been using him on the right hand side and he looks damn useful there too!
[/quote]

McGugan would be an awesome signing.  I would have thought that Forest would want c.£5m for him though.

If you are getting upset with what i''m sharing with you all then just forget i said anything.[:#]

Been told in good faith that medical tests are ongoing but can''t say much more due to the fact it may come back and get this person in trouble.

If the transfer does not happen i will keep quiet in future as i don''t want to anger anyone[Y]

I''d rather pay £5m for McGugan than £5m for Snodgrass! I think Snodgrass is an excellent player - but McGugan would be my one choice from the Championship last season!

[quote user="DOGGER"]If you are getting upset with what i''m sharing with you all then just forget i said anything.[:#]

Been told in good faith that medical tests are ongoing but can''t say much more due to the fact it may come back and get this person in trouble.

If the transfer does not happen i will keep quiet in future as i don''t want to anger anyone[Y][/quote]And people wonder why people keep any snippets of info they have to themselves........Jesus. I''m glad I never know anything. Wouldn''t want to get publicly lambasted on here.Cheers for the info Dogger![Y]Que Sera Sera........

Part of the point of having the board is so fans with snippets can share with others, if they prove to be true fine, if not we all learn over time who gets good info and who dont

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Part of the point of having the board is so fans with snippets can share with others, if they prove to be true fine, if not we all learn over time who gets good info and who dont[/quote]

Well don''t look now, But Villa fans seem to think they have got him on a 3 year deal and will sign on Wednesday, this has come from my Family in B-ham.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]So, (possibly) the £3.5m offer was rejected on thursday, we learnt about it on friday, the club upped the offer on friday which was accepted (maybe?) paving the way to do the medical this coming week?[/quote]

As I understood it, sky were saying that a second bid of 3.5 had been rejected, which suggests the first bid obvioulsy didn''t make the news. This is how interpreted it, may be wrong

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Part of the point of having the board is so fans with snippets can share with others, if they prove to be true fine, if not we all learn over time who gets good info and who dont[/quote]

Well don''t look now, But Villa fans seem to think they have got him on a 3 year deal and will sign on Wednesday, this has come from my Family in B-ham.

[/quote]Ah nuts pete_norw suppose it was a good story while it lasted, I wonder who at Villa has gone after him Mark Hughes perhaps.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]I''d rather pay £5m for McGugan than £5m for Snodgrass! I think Snodgrass is an excellent player - but McGugan would be my one choice from the Championship last season![/quote]Agreed... [Y]I would actually rather spend £5 million on McGugan than anything over £3.5 million for Snodgrass, as I think McGugan has far more to offer us and blend in with the players that we currently have.  I also believe that if he fits in and stays injury free that he would be the type of signing that could be worth in excess of £10 million a couple of years down the line quite easily.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Muddy funster"]I''d rather pay £5m for McGugan than £5m for Snodgrass! I think Snodgrass is an excellent player - but McGugan would be my one choice from the Championship last season![/quote]Agreed... [Y]I would actually rather spend £5 million on McGugan than anything over £3.5 million for Snodgrass, as I think McGugan has far more to offer us and blend in with the players that we currently have.  I also believe that if he fits in and stays injury free that he would be the type of signing that could be worth in excess of £10 million a couple of years down the line quite easily.[/quote]I find myself agreeing with that, Smudge & Muddy. McGugan looked a really top class player in the Forest game at CR. More of an out and out midfielder than Snoddy but I would take bets now that he turns out the classier player in the long run.

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]
Ah nuts pete_norw suppose it was a good story while it lasted, I wonder who at Villa has gone after him Mark Hughes perhaps.
[/quote]

Sorry all I know is what the Folks back home tell me, Nothing in the Sunday rags though.

In papers tomorrow about a new bid. Will be accepted on tuesday.

[quote user="Better Wizard"]In papers tomorrow about a new bid. Will be accepted on tuesday.[/quote]

Has that came from First Wizard''s crystal ball or do you have your own? [:)]

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]i come in peace again!!there are rumours going around our(Leeds) message boards that Aston Villa and Newcastle are also interested, Villa want him to replace Downing apparently for the record i dont think Snodgrass is a 5million pound player, imo more around the 2.5m mark

[quote user="Greengrassyellowson"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]i come in peace again!!there are rumours going around our(Leeds) message boards that Aston Villa and Newcastle are also interested, Villa want him to replace Downing apparently for the record i dont think Snodgrass is a 5million pound player, imo more around the 2.5m mark[/quote]I agree, no way I would pay more than the £3.5 million alreaqdy on the table for him!

Since Villa do not have a manager I find it very hard to believe they will be signing anybody next week. Not dismissing the source above but ultimately it sounds like its just fan gossip whereas we do at least know we have put bids in and that, combined with the rumoured sighting and talk that he has had medical test makes me optimistic we are still very much in the hunt here. Would be a very good signing. Class player.