Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

£3.5m bid rejected for Snodgrass.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Ok, to put it simpler for you. If Leeds said, "Its 5 million or nothing", would we then bid 4/4.4 million?

Errrrrr.... I think not.......[/quote]

Errrrr..... See above post, are some people really this naive???[/quote]Ok. Let''s try it REALLY basic.We. Will. Accept. No. Less. Than. 5 (FIVE). Million.If you offer less than that, we will not begin negotiations.Any of this getting through? Anything?

Really hope we can pull this one off. If not only to shut the Leeds fans up!!

If u type in google Robert Snodgrass and at the side click realtime.......u will see Leeds fans tweets and pretty much all are insuting and telling us to feck off etc. Funny tho as some fans saying they will never live it down if he comes to us :D

Again would love this deal to happen and hopefully the player will also want to continue his education under Professor Lambert!

Can play a number of positions across the midfield and always looks full of hunger & passion, yeah £5m is a lot of cash but if we want to improve & move the club forward we have to aim for these players.

Hopefully we can complete this but if not McGugan from Forest should be a target and I believe we could get him for less?

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Ok, to put it simpler for you. If Leeds said, "Its 5 million or nothing", would we then bid 4/4.4 million?

Errrrrr.... I think not.......[/quote]

Errrrr..... See above post, are some people really this naive???[/quote]Ok. Let''s try it REALLY basic.We. Will. Accept. No. Less. Than. 5 (FIVE).

Million.If you offer less than that, we will not begin

negotiations.Any of this getting through? Anything?[/quote] wow, you are such a dick, and a salemans dream!

Ok, insults aside, I think we both agree we want him at Norwich, if it happens we''ll see what the reported negotiated fee is and see who has the last laugh.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Ok, insults aside, I think we both agree we want him at Norwich, if it happens we''ll see what the reported negotiated fee is and see who has the last laugh.[/quote]

To be honest this is a bit of a CMS and can see us pulling the plug and go elsewhere, they have said the same as Posh, being that they wanted £5mil for him, And quite frankley Leeds are doing the same type of ransom holding tactics, so Surely if we were to spend that kind of money on a player there must be one better already playing in the prem for probably less.   

Personally I think it would be bad business at 5M ,he''s overrated in my opinion at 3.5M let alone 5M.Max Gradel is the only one I could see over the last two seasons who looked a cut above the rest & showed the sort of commitment to Leeds that all of our players have to Norwich over the same period. You''ve only got to listen to Leeds fans to realise how much they''ve overrated themselves,I was under the impression they were going to spank every ''tinpot'' team this season. 

I wouldn''t be surprised if the deal is already done at a price below the reported 3.5m.I would love to get Wesley as part of the deal however this is highly unlikely.No way would Bates turn down 3.5m , he has a Hotel to build as part of his grand plan to turn LUFC into a Leisure Club.Personally i would drive him to Norwich for this kind of money.....he is an exciting young player but has a question mark against his fitness(rumours abound round here of heavy boozing and gambling)...the past 2 seasons he has faded badly towards the end (as have the team) and he always looks knackered.Your boss is no mug though and will probably get him to realise his potential and he has the skills to do well at a higher level ...if he can match it with his fitness that is.If you get him , good luck to you both.....as for us , i doubt if Grayson will see even half of it...but then we have a different mentality at board level.

Saw that someone wrote this on a Leeds forum yesterday -

"Hi again :) .......First of all,if there is any justice,this time next season ..Leeds will be back where they belong and wigan will be on the way back to where they belong!!
When i came on here in dec/jan of 2009/10 season,our league 1 adventure,i responded to a comment someone made about how good hoolie was,i stated though he is good,he can only perform "in the hole"and is rubbish on the wing or up front.And i would swap hoolie for snodgrass any day of the week..Its now poss we may get him and though i will love that,it will be a mistake by him!
Our board stated 2 years ago,our intention is to have up to 2 years in league 1,then 3 years in the championship,then promotion to prem,relegation then 2 years to get back and establish..
We are way ahead of the 7 year plan,and even though Lambert is being backed by the board for the season ahead,we will not survive and lambert is building a yoyo squad..
Snodgrass is already with a club that should be in the prem top 6 let alone the prem! And if you had gone up this season or do(and you will!) go up next season,you will do a newccy and not only survive but make a credible impact in which you will use as a platform to once again get to where you belong,top 6 and challenging in europe..
So though personally im sorry and i would have wet dreams if we got snodgrass,for me it would be a backward move and a big mistake for the lad!
Best of luck for this coming season and on your way back,take all 6 points off 1p5wich scm :)

Needs to have his mouth washed out, one of the worst posts I''ve ever seen

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Ok, insults aside, I think we both agree we want him at Norwich, if it happens we''ll see what the reported negotiated fee is and see who has the last laugh.[/quote]

To be honest this is a bit of a CMS and can see us pulling the plug and go elsewhere, they have said the same as Posh, being that they wanted £5mil for him, And quite frankley Leeds are doing the same type of ransom holding tactics, so Surely if we were to spend that kind of money on a player there must be one better already playing in the prem for probably less.   

[/quote]Same here, no way would I want us to bid more than £3.5 million for Snodgrass, as I don''t think that he will bring enough to our squad to warrant that kind of money.  I also think that we could get better elsewhere for £3.5 million let alone £5 million.I would be targetting McGugan and seeing how much Forest want to let him talk to a Prem club.I think we need to add a little bit of pace to what we have in midfield and out wide.  For me, although I think he is a good player I''m not sure that Snodgrass offers us enough and I think we should be looking elsewhere unless Leeds are willing to accept the offer that is already on the table for him.

Medical being done this week, various tests been on going all last weekLooks nailed on to me[Y]

[quote user="DOGGER"]Medical being done this week, various tests been on going all last week

Looks nailed on to me[Y]
[/quote]

should I even bother asking your source? I hope this is true though

[quote user="DOGGER"]Been told in good faith by someone in the know  [/quote]

I would so, so, so love this to be true.

If you are wrong Dogger, I shall hunt you down :P

My Leeds mates reckon Bates will piss about with the transfer fee pushing it up and up until it''s out of our reach as they think Liverpool are also very interested (I know Liverpool no less) probably bull but how and ever.

[quote user="Twitchy"]My Leeds mates reckon Bates will piss about with the transfer fee pushing it up and up until it''s out of our reach as they think Liverpool are also very interested (I know Liverpool no less) probably bull but how and ever.[/quote]I very much doubt that Liverpool will go fishing in the Championship Twitchy.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Twitchy"]My Leeds mates reckon Bates will piss about with the transfer fee pushing it up and up until it''s out of our reach as they think Liverpool are also very interested (I know Liverpool no less) probably bull but how and ever.[/quote]I very much doubt that Liverpool will go fishing in the Championship Twitchy.[/quote]As I say Ricardo it''s probably bull but the feedback and work banter from Pool fans I get they think in for Snoddy or not they feel he is the very type of player they are missing, he gets a big thumbs up from them.............I''d love it if we got him just to upset both sets of fans on my tea break lol.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="DOGGER"]Been told in good faith by someone in the know  [/quote]

I would so, so, so love this to be true.

If you are wrong Dogger, I shall hunt you down :P[/quote]It''s defo true but it don''t mean we will sign him  -at least we know Lambert wants him

[quote user="DOGGER"]Medical being done this week, various tests been on going all last weekLooks nailed on to me[Y][/quote]How can he have medial''s and tests if no fee has been agreed yet.

The person i know who has given me the infomation has nothing to do with the club but to do with the medical side of things, obviously i don''t want to put this person''s job on the line but they were right about Vaughn which i kept quiet about.I suppose the club can do blood tests, medical examinations etc, etc before a fee can be agreed as they wouldn''t want to bid an amount buying someone with a medical problem for instance! City may be just checking him out but it confirms to me that Lambert is looking at him.Anyway for all we know a fee has been agreed but it may not be publically made known yet until Ken Bates finds a replacement?

We can''t go anywhere near Snodgrass and give him a medical unless Leeds have accepted our bid for him. Everyone knows this, so I think your talking out of your a***