Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

£3.5m bid rejected for Snodgrass.

Just read the same story on WACCOE.

Reading the general consensus of the Leeds fans reaction is probably right. A very good player although inconsistent like most wingers/wide players but is he worth anymore than 3.5mill?

Looks like were bringing in 7 top-end championship players between the 2-4mill price bracket, a good strategy if/should we get relegated immediately.

I would love to see Snodgrass here. Of all the players we have been linked with he is the most exciting. If we can''t get him I would go for Chris Eagles, he is still young and gives us some much needed Premier League experience.

Well done to the Board for giving Lambert their full backing. If we carry on at this rate we''ll be exceeding 20M on transfers this Summer.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]

I would love to see Snodgrass here. Of all the players we have been linked with he is the most exciting. If we can''t get him I would go for Chris Eagles, he is still young and gives us some much needed Premier League experience.

Well done to the Board for giving Lambert their full backing. If we carry on at this rate we''ll be exceeding 20M on transfers this Summer.

[/quote]

Yes love this to happen, and think the CMS saga has passed now wigan have upped the bid to £3.mil, they can have him, He''s Lg1 FFS 

Could you imagine Norwich spending money like this a couple of years ago?  Exciting stuff.  Will be really interesting to see who else Lambert brings in.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

If true, I hope it''s us! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU49OP-BOeM

I think Snodgrass would do better than most players in that position. He seems to make things happen...

[/quote]

Yes headlines, Leeds turn down improved £3 .5 mil bid from Norwich , this is probably going to rise to £4+ are we going to be that free spending,? hope so, a blind man can see what is going on here   

It was breaking news on sky sports just as i tuned in about 1hour ago! hope we dont upset the balance and spirit of the side though with too many "big" name signings!

Would like to keep it to

3 big and rest to push for place..

Brilliant class act. This is so exciting. He could make a massive impact on our squad and help push us up the table rather than scrap around in the bottom 6. I suspect Leeds will want nearer £5m for him though!!

Agree - this could be a fantastic signing. I''d be willing to put another £3m on top of that to secure Snodgrass. Class act.

Very exciting if it happens. Clever footballer who likes to play the right way.

Heard an interview with someone on talksport who said that teams who come up and try and play inevitably get relegated. That may be true.

Looks like we are trying to bring in the personel to enable us to keep our current passing style and take it to the prem.

Wiz, you were recycling rumours from elsewhere, and people suspected this was an attempt by you to be able to say ''see, told you so'' if it actually happened... which very much appears to be the case now...

Anyway, would be a great signing.  I''ve seen more of Gradel and know he''s quality, but feel that if he''s going to go anywhere it will be to someone like Fulham or Everton or Villa.

Snodgrass would be a massive coup for us though, let''s hope it happens! [Y]

Watching the YouTube footage he reminds me a bit of Darren Huckerby, minus the pace but with a little bit of extra steel.

Really really hope we make this one happen!!!

snodders was on Goals on Sunday not too long ago and comes across as a lambert type player. keeps himself to himself to the cameras and just says all the right things and seems to have a great professional attitude similar to our players from interviews. like the general attitude is very determined and he seems like he won''t rest on his laurels and wants to better himself. plus he was with Lambert at Livingston so all we can hope for is we either bid higher which would be worth it or/and snodgrass comes out with a transfer request because he wants to join Paul Lamberts yellow army. exciting times!!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Wiz, you were recycling rumours from elsewhere, and people suspected this was an attempt by you to be able to say ''see, told you so'' if it actually happened... which very much appears to be the case now...

Anyway, would be a great signing.  I''ve seen more of Gradel and know he''s quality, but feel that if he''s going to go anywhere it will be to someone like Fulham or Everton or Villa.

Snodgrass would be a massive coup for us though, let''s hope it happens! [Y]

[/quote]

Totally guilty M''lud.

With the constant crap I take from certain posters on here, of course I''m going to ''big it up'' if I''m proved nearly right.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"] Heard an interview with someone on talksport who said that teams who come up and try and play inevitably get relegated. That may be true. Looks like we are trying to bring in the personel to enable us to keep our current passing style and take it to the prem.[/quote]

I have noticed that the ethic of every player trying to win the ball (see Wes) is already ingrained in PL''s targets. With the difference in refereeing and the cleverness of Premiership footballers we may need those quality reserves to cover the suspensions.

I would break the bank to get Snodgrass. - A great winger - just what we need if the diamond is history.

Someone posted higher up which I completely agree with. The positive thing is with the players we are signing if we get relegated we will have one of the strongest teams plus the best team spirit.

Snodgrass is not going to upset team spirit at all I don''t think, still young with massive potential. And don''t care what anyone says I would rather him the Gradel.

Praise for the board for staying true to there word with the backing, this is immense. Such exciting times at the moment.

OTBC

think we should definately up to 4 not worth more than that though. Would he play on the left instead of Surman?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Silence from City 1st who took the pee at me weeks ago...........he''s coming here,  believe it oh shallow one. [;)]

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/leeds_reported_to_have_rejected_3_5m_bid_for_snodgrass_from_norwich_city_1_910815

[/quote]

Yeah, but Wiz, if you throw enough balls at enough coconuts sooner or later you win a fish...

I, too, would love to see Snodgrass in our squad. However where has the news of this rejected bid come from? I don''t see it as City as we like to do our business quietly. I suspect that Master Bates has leaked this in the hopes of getting a bidding war going. I would go to £4M but not much above that as he''s untried at premiership level so would represent a risk at that value.

Im a bit worried that its come out as like the morison case clubs like qpr will come sniffing around and offer that little bit more than us. No one was expecting vaughan and when it did happen it was pretty much a done deal. Got a lot to do with the selling club wanting more money which is understandable but as its come out that we''ve bid 3.5 mill for snodgrass I think we''d be a bit naive if we didnt think a qpr or another prem team will be wanting a bit of action

Presumably a club like Norwich doesnt spend this sort of money of a player to sit on the bench, so it begs the question of where would we play him??. Only last week at the playoff final Lambert stated that he would go with the same system which has been succesful over the past two years.....could he play on the right of a midfield diamond?

Looking at the YouTube footage much of his game is played on the right hand side, does look like he can switch it to the left though. An important quality given Surmans injury record.