Agreed he is a very clever manager because he hasn''t just ripped out the squad and brought in a new one - but rather gradually modified it.

For instance look at the players at the end of last season; something like 7 of the 11 starters were signed in the summer or January. And I can see him doing something similar next season - he won''t make mass changes but bring in players here an there and before we know it the majority of the 11 have changed as if by a magic trick!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]23 is the number of players Lambert has signed for Norwich in less then 2 years! Anyone else find this a staggering total? Especially consider it seems there has been no major upheaval - very clever[/quote]23?  I only count 14.  This may be a sign of just how slyly he''s done his signings but who are the 23?

I found it staggering that of the two sides that started the promotion winning games in the last two seasons, Charlton 09/10 & Porstmouth 10/11 only one player started both.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]I found it staggering that of the two sides that started the promotion winning games in the last two seasons, Charlton 09/10 & Porstmouth 10/11 only one player started both.[/quote]Mainly coz Holt was suspended & Wes injured for the Charlton game - so too Zak. Laps & drury were on the bench for the Portsmouth game (I think) and Korey might have been involved had he not been injured.Still it is incredible the change - I suspect that only 3 of the league one team will feature much next year - R Martin, Wes & Holt. Zak barely played in the league 1 season!

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]I found it staggering that of the two sides that started the promotion winning games in the last two seasons, Charlton 09/10 & Porstmouth 10/11 only one player started both.[/quote]Mainly coz Holt was suspended & Wes injured for the Charlton game - so too Zak. Laps & drury were on the bench for the Portsmouth game (I think) and Korey might have been involved had he not been injured.Still it is incredible the change - I suspect that only 3 of the league one team will feature much next year - R Martin, Wes & Holt. Zak barely played in the league 1 season!

no major upheaval?!? Even by the end of the league one season teh squad was majorly different from the one gunn et al had control over. It was the same from the league one season end team to the current squad.

Yet PL is ruthless, he is constantly looking to enhance the teams options and improve upon those in teh squad - those not up to it are replaced loaned out

what he has done so well is make constant minor tweaks and keep the squad united and playing with the same levels of understanding.

It is the ability to deliver consistency while deal with upheaval so that the average joe does not realise that marks out the exceptional manager - and PL is just that.

As a question a lot of the squad changes were made mid season - will he be able to cope in the 4 long months between 1st Sept and 1jan when the only players he can sign are those out of contract - no loan window in the prem

They have all played their part in the resurgance.

Russell Martin - Goes without saying.
Anthony McNamee - Turned many games around and was a major threat off the bench.
Zak Whitbread - Took a while to see him but since then he has been unremovable from the 11.
Oli Johnson - Will never forget his double against Southend as well as his debut. Two truely great moments.
Fraser Forster - Been gone for a season and many still want him back.
Michael Rose - I always liked him. Great debut and was a solid loanee.
Stephen Elliott - Got us the 3 points away to Huddersfield, a feat no other team achieved that season.
Andrew Crofts - He''s rubbish. [:P]
David Fox - The heartbeat of our team. When you watch him you truely appreciate how much he is involved.
Andrew Surman - On of the more classy players in our 11. Scoredsome key goals in the run-in.
Elliott Ward - Cool as a cucumber at the back. Very reliable.
Steven Smith - Didn''t settle but was reliable in the few games he played.
John Ruddy - Filled FF boots so that alone shows he had a good season.
Simeon Jackson - Trundled along most of the season and exploded at the end.
Leon Barnett - Best defender at the club. Will shine next season.
Aaron Wilbraham - For his price he has done well. Good back-up.
Marc Tierney - Fast becoming my favourite Norwich player. Bit of a nutter and is keeping Drury out of the side.
Henri Lansbury - Perhaps underused at points this season. Massive ego but has the ability to back it up. Scored some vital goals and hope we see him return.
Rob Edwards - Didn''t feature much but was reliable when needed.
Daniel Pacheco - The best young player I have ever seen at Norwich IMO. Went missing a few games but when he was playing wel he was playing very well.
Sam Vokes - Unfortunately had his loan cut short but looked very handy and I certainly wouldn''t complain if he came back, although I doubt that will happen now.