Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Betting - Help Please

I am over 30 [:D] and have never laid a bet in my life. I''m just asking those of you who do bet, can you tell me where I will get the best odds for putting money on us staying up (not getting relegated). As I propose to put some money on it, never have I felt so confident.

I pressume you been ''placing'' a bet rather than ''laying'' a bet!

Laying means you become the bookmaker and allow people to bet with you.

City are 11/8 to stay up. For every £8 you put on you win £11, dont forget you get your stake back aswell, so put £8 on an if sorry when City stay up, you get £19 back.

Find the best odds you can. I manage a bookies, and can tell you the best odds are online. If you''re not confident of placing a bet online, go into one and ask for help! They''re quite nice really. If there''s another bookie nearby, they''ll both match each others prices, so be confident and ask them to. It''s nothing to be nervous of, go and ask. Alternatively, have a bet online, just make sure you know what it is you''re backing. Like the other guy said, don''t "Lay" a bet online, place it. Laying is like "backing" it not to happen, on the terms someone agrees with you. Very complex really. Don''t be nervous at all to ask in a shop!

What odds can I get for top 10 finish or what should they be (trying to get a match on betfair)?

Also, anyone know what''s the odds are for top 15 finish?

Only betfair are offering odds for a Top 10 finish at the moment, probably best to hang on until near the season start for better odds. I would imagine they''ll hit around 18/1.

Top 4 finish is 500/1 with some bookmakers at the moment though...worth a £1 of anyone''s money! :)

We''re 40/1 with 1/5th a place 2,3 to win the league without the big six - Man  Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham[:O], Liverpool, man City.assuming that the above teams take their perennial positions this is imo much better value than the odds currently on offer for a top ten finish.Another good bet sees us 12/5 to finish top of the three promoted teams ie a three horse race with QPR and Swansea. (Skybet).

You will generally get the best odds by using Betfair, the online betting site. You can also get £10 cashback if you sign up via Quidco. Betfair tells you all you need to know about how to place bets etc so I would recommend that to you.

Just to clarify how it works...

1p5wich are 16/1 for promotion. This means that if you put £10 on, you will lose £10.

[;)]

I am over 30 and have never laid a bet in my life. I''m just asking those of you who do bet, can you tell me where I will get the best odds for putting money on us staying up (not getting relegated). As I propose to put some money on it, never have I felt so confident.

best thing to do id wait till we have played 2 0r 3 games win em odds won''t change much probably 6-4 lose em you will get about 5-2 thats my plan