Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Pre-season friendlies announced

Bit underwhelming but I guess that''s gonna be the case when you''re in the Premier League. Real Zaragoza is a good one though. Also imagine that the TBC may well be another foreign team.

Pete, any idea whether the games out in Germany are likely to be behind-closed-doors affairs?

I get the impression they won''t be behind closed doors, Anderz. Hope not anyway, I''m definitely planning to go out for one/two games if the dates work out.

[quote user="paul moy"]Borussia Dortmund will be one of the German teams perhaps.  [:P][/quote]

As I said in the earlier thread on pre season, I said a 3 match tour of Germany get your camping kit ready for cheap holiday. Said then can''t tell you how I knew, and same answer now

A game against the binners would be good. City usually play pre season friendlies against some of the smaller, local clubs.

A noble gesture would be to allow the paupers to keep the gate receipts, so they could perhaps pay the back rent or offer some of their youth players a full year contract instead of the measley 6 months which is all they seem to be able to afford at the moment.

Every lower league clubs wants a home game against a Premier League team - it wouldn''t have to be a full strength team - a few of the ''fringe'' players maybe and some of the U18''s should be enough for the binners. No one will want another five or four one.

[quote user="City1st"]A game against the binners would be good. City usually play pre season friendlies against some of the smaller, local clubs.

A noble gesture would be to allow the paupers to keep the gate receipts, so they could perhaps pay the back rent or offer some of their youth players a full year contract instead of the measley 6 months which is all they seem to be able to afford at the moment.

Every lower league clubs wants a home game against a Premier League team - it wouldn''t have to be a full strength team - a few of the ''fringe'' players maybe and some of the U18''s should be enough for the binners. No one will want another five or four one.[/quote]

Lol!

Scottish season starts in July , Championship on 6 august

So that last game will be a foreign team - possibly Italian or another Spanish team as their seasons start later than most - Won;t be German - season already started

The Coventry away match brings back bad memories from a pre-season friendly at Highfield Rd ,the last time we were promoted to the premiership. I made the grave error of travelling to watch was was without doubt the most drab, deplorable, non-event of a goal-less draw ,I''d ever had the misfortune to witness.....I''d have to think long and hard as to whether I''ll be risking putting myself through anything like that again?!?

One other thought, does the presence of many "XI" matches including a reserve match vs Liverpool suggest that we will be enetering the Premier reserve league next season ?

Call me sad if you want but the friendly I got most excited about is Southend!Not been to Roots Hall yet and want to see it before Southend get the new stadium they''d like, if it ever happens.Would have gone to watch a game there this season anyway, even better that I now get to watch us there.

LOL about giving the binmen a friendly....did we not resurrect the ''hospital cup'' for a while at some point in the late 80s/early 90s, giving us such a pre-season friendly? I think it was when we were in different divisions; tbh it''s perhaps not the best idea in the world, but it did always feel to be an appropriately named cup given where some of the supporters would inevitably end up.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]LOL about giving the binmen a friendly....did we not resurrect the ''hospital cup'' for a while at some point in the late 80s/early 90s, giving us such a pre-season friendly? I think it was when we were in different divisions; tbh it''s perhaps not the best idea in the world, but it did always feel to be an appropriately named cup given where some of the supporters would inevitably end up.[/quote]

Sorry, but while I see where your coming from, I fear that thier will be too much bitterness and it would be like us rubbing salt in the injury, and end up in an all out riot, Sounds good, yer lets have a friendly LOL  

Any one have idea exactly place this German camp wil be and the field/ground for the frendlys?

Also the exactly date start/end shuld be help !

thx

looking forwards to the Zaragoza game! always good to see foreign sides at Carrow Road and spot potential future stars... I remember Ajax and Ibrahimovic.

San Miguel - There was a very strong rumour a couple of months back that we were the opposition for Kem Izzet''s testimonial at Col U, but then there were some quotes from him a few weeks ago saying they couldn''t get anyone to commit to it and probably wouldn''t have it this summer.

[quote user="Canary23"]Southend have announced on their website that it''s a tenner for our match, NICE :-)[/quote]I may even go to that then!  Don''t usually go to pre-season, but that''s not too far for me to get to, and only a tenner, sweet!