Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

If we signed just three more players....

Assuming that we have already bagged, Bradley Johnson and Elliott Bennett, what positions would they be?I think that we would need another attacking Midfielder, perhaps Snodgrass or Lallana. And then perhaps a centre back who can do a shift at right back, and a left winger (Bennett can play right side?). Lambert will defo want the option of 4-4-2 next year, so I can see a left midfielder coming in.

The defense needs strengthening as a priority, I''d like a new GK but I don''t think it''ll happen, we need at least a couple of new defenders.

we''ll 100% get a new keeper, most likely as back up to ruddy. i think a right back and centre back + 1 more midfielder. lambert said he wants 7 players, but i think we might get 1 or 2 more than 7. squad depth is essential as now being in the prem we can''t just go out and sign a loanee in october if theres a couple of injuries or lack of form.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]we''ll 100% get a new keeper, most likely as back up to ruddy. i think a right back and centre back + 1 more midfielder. lambert said he wants 7 players, but i think we might get 1 or 2 more than 7. squad depth is essential as now being in the prem we can''t just go out and sign a loanee in october if theres a couple of injuries or lack of form.[/quote]I agree I don''t think 7 is set in stone.  IMO 7 which was quoted was a rough idea at that moment in time.

I think a keeper is essential. I have no problem with Ruddy starting as no 1, but if he gets injured or has a loss of confidence or form we can''t really bring in Rudd or Steer because they''re too young and raw for this league. I''d prefer to bring in direct competition such as FF, but a good back up (Hahnemann and Danny Coyne have been mentioned I think) would be fine as long as they were capable of stepping up if needed.

With the other two I''d definitely like a centre back. If he could also play right back that''d be great but if not Korey Smith has my confidence as an adequate back up. Ashley Williams would be a great addition but I don''t see Swansea selling him in a million years. Faye has been mentioned but I imagine his wages would be huge and he may not be any better than what we have.

With the third I''d like Peter Whittingham because he''s just a quality player who can make goals and score them and play in a variety of positions and would be excellent for us.

Agree with all of the posts on this so far:

A RB to cover for / compete with R.Martin would be top of my list.

A GK to cover for / compete with Ruddy.

The possibly a CB and maybe an LM

(this is based upon Johnson & Bennett being in the bag).

As for who those people should be, I am not sure - I like Clyne at Palace as a RB, but he might be a bit costly for an initial 2nd choice player.

But, Lambert knows it is a squad game and given his record so far, I''ll be happy with whatever he chooses