Sign in to follow this  
shortcanary19

Which players (if any) will be leaving Norwich ?

I''m sure with all are new signings that lambert will surely be looking to perhaps sell or release some of our players, which aren''t up to premiership standard. I was wondering who these players will be, my original thoughts were wilbraham, Cody, drury, perhaps even andrew surman. Any thoughts on who may be leaving next season?

Drury won''t as wont have another natural left back.

Cody is likely,  as well as wilbry!

Surman wont, although I think he will be a squad player at best.

Remember that we can also loan players out, and this could be vital come january when we have to re register the 25 players, as some may get injured who were in the orignal 25 and need replacing, or some may just not be playing well enough to deserve a place in the 25! We need a squad of about 30, but 5-8 being fringe players.

Surman clearly improving and becoming a strong player in the Norwich team, but may attract some interest from a bigger club or atleast one with more money, also is chris martin a likely loan out next season seeing as we have Vaughan,Morison,jackson and ofcourse holty, so why do we need martin he may aswell be loaned out to a champ team and get more experience.

Our squad of 25 could be 16 of the 18 that played in the last game of the season (no Pacheco & Lansbury) plus Barnett & Korey who were injured and then the 7 new players.Hughes & Smith will return to Scotland, Cody, Johnson, Tudor Jones & Wilbraham will all move on. I wouldn''t be surprised if C Martin went too and perhaps loans for Adeyemi, K Smith, Francomb and the young keepers.

Hughes and Smith are both looking for deals up North, Aberdeen and Motherwell both supposedly interested in the players. I reckon our Welsh Crouchy will head off too. I''d keep Wilbraham, he might be useful to stick on at the end of matches, Johnson I reckon has a future here, so he might be loaned out, and as for Cody, I don''t think any of us really know what Lambert thinks of him - because he never really tells us anything!Remember this year we have a proper Reserve league, so I don''t think loaning players out is quite as important

Lambert has already said he will keep the core together and it’s one of the most laughable things I’ve read that someone thinks Surman would be shown the door…..Surman has shown his class, it took him until post-Christmas to get over his injuries and show just how good he is.

The players who might be shown the door if anyone makes the right bid in my view might be:

Tudor-Jones

Steve Smith

Hughes

Oli

Cody

Wilbraham

McNamee

With two senior players already out the door in Askou & Gill we cannot afford to lose anyone else, contrary to what people think of Lappin he can cover the left side front to back.

As for the youngsters, not sure but with the 4 players rule, we might well see Chris Martin, Rudd, Smith and Francomb in the squad to cover this rule. I can see the like of Adeyemi, Daley and Steer being loaned out.

But this only leaves us with:

Goalkeepers:

Ruddy

Rudd

Defenders:

Martin

Barnett

Ward

Whitbread

Drury

Teirney

Francomb

Midfield:

Lappin

Crofts

Fox

Hoolahan

Surman

Kory Smith

Forwards:

Martin

Holt

Morison

Vaughan

Jackson

So that’s 20 players with room for five more and this squad fits the requirements of the Premiership.

But hey we are all guessing, I’m sure we might all get a surprise or two before the transfer window closes.

Indy, the 25 man squad rules dictate that anyone under 21 is not named and the 8 home grown players simply means players who have been with an English club for three seasons before the age of 21, which pretty much all our team are. So people like CM and KS aren''t included in the 25.

No I think you will fond that if you have 4 players from your youth academy then you don''t need to comply with the 8 home grown rule, leaving room for anyone we want to sign.

Saying that I donæt think we have a problem with this anyway.

[quote user="Indy"]No I think you will fond that if you have 4 players from your youth academy then you don''t need to comply with the 8 home grown rule, leaving room for anyone we want to sign. Saying that I donæt think we have a problem with this anyway.[/quote]

Really? I haven''t seen that before. Do you have a link for it?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Indy, the 25 man squad rules dictate that anyone under 21 is not named and the 8 home grown players simply means players who have been with an English club for three seasons before the age of 21, which pretty much all our team are. So people like CM and KS aren''t included in the 25.[/quote]

Confused...

Chris Martin and Korey Smith are not included in the 25? Why not?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Indy, the 25 man squad rules dictate that anyone under 21 is not named and the 8 home grown players simply means players who have been with an English club for three seasons before the age of 21, which pretty much all our team are. So people like CM and KS aren''t included in the 25.[/quote]

Confused...

Chris Martin and Korey Smith are not included in the 25? Why not?

[/quote]

Sorry, CM would be as he''s 22. But Smith, Rudd, Francomb would not.

Do you Legend Iwan, that''s a good question, I did pick it up from somewhere, but might be duff info.

It does state 8 home grown as you said.

Well been a busy week and easy to confuse.

The rules are the players under the age of 21 do not have to be included in the squad and can still be eligible. So Jack Wilshere for Arsenal is pretty handy as he wouldn''t be included in the 25 man squad because he is 19. Yet he is obviously a fantastic player. As mentioned above it would mean that players like Korey Smith, Tom Adeyemi or Josh Dawkin don''t have to be named. But they could still future if we wanted. The squad rules shouldn''t worry anyone to be honest. Our squad is almost entirely home grown and if Lambert manages to get the stage where he is having to leave players of genuine quality out of the 25 he has had one hell of a transfer window!

If we are being realistic 7 players are arriving (Morison, Vaughan, Johnson?, Bennett? and the rest) and as a result I would a similiar number to leave to balance things up. Askou and Gill have already left. I would personally attempt to move on Johnson, McDonald and Wilbraham (that still leaves 5 first team strikers). Along with Tudur Jones, Hughes and Steven Smith. This is obviously on the assumption that people will take on their contracts given that some of them are on decent wages.  I just can''t see any of these playing a part for us next season. With the possible exeception of McDonlad off the bench I would be very concerned to see any of them playing at Premier League level.

I am surprised others believe Surman will be moved on. He was a key performer last season who can play as part of a midfield 3 or can play out wide. He would be a vital player next season I would have thought. I would also keep McNamee on at this stage. We all know he is not capable of starting games but as an impact sub he can have a big impact on the last quarter of a game against tiring defences. Swansea (h) and Watford (a) to name a few.

[quote user="Indy"]Do you Legend Iwan, that''s a good question, I did pick it up from somewhere, but might be duff info. It does state 8 home grown as you said. Well been a busy week and easy to confuse.[/quote]

No worries, wasn''t having a pop, just wondered if i had missed something. [:)]

In relation to the original question, I expect to see at least another two players go. Hopefully some of the youngsters will also be given a chance at the Championship on loan.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="Jacko"]

This is obviously on the assumption that people will take on their contracts given that some of them are on decent wages.  [/quote]

Just saw on WOTB this link;

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2305161?UserKey=

Seems like now we are Premiership the wages have gone up automatically, could be harder to shift players now.

[/quote]

Very good spot. Probably means the likes of Hughes and Tudur Jones will definitely sit on the last year of their contracts. Hughes was reportedly signed for £6k a week in league 1. So 2 promotions have probably pushed that up sharply. I might be worth offering to subsidise some of the wages of Hughes, Tudur Jones and Smith if we had to for a year. You would probably be able to free up enough wages if those 3 left, to bring in 1 player who would improve the squad.  That is better than just having those 3 sitting around doing very little. I just can''t see how any of them will get a run in the side with Drury and Tierney offering solid options at left back. As well as Bradley Johnson signing to bolster the midfield.