Sign in to follow this  
Kolin Kob

Remaining comings and goings

Who would you like to see come and go in the rest of the close season? Here is my take. Would be interested to see other people''s.Of course this is all imaginary, but I am trying to pick a realistic set of players.IN:Morison and Vaughan already signedElliott BennettHenri Lansbury on a season-long loanDani Pacheco on a season-long loanMarcus Hahnemann as experienced backup for Ruddy - though not as first choiceStephen Carr - could play at centre-back or right-back. He may be in his 30s, but he is a Lambert-style player who would be great in the dressing room as an influence to the othersIan Evatt - for premier experience, which we are lacking. A player with a lot of fight in him. OUT:Askou, Habergham, Gill already goneDaley - not all that young anymore. Probably best for him to get a move to a Championship clubTudur-Jones - a shame, but it never worked out for him.Hughes - no realistic chance of getting near the teamSteven Smith - is he still here??Oli Johnson - probably time for him to try his luck at a Championship side. MAYBE worth hanging on to though. Difficult to say...Wilbraham - he could probably be a useful squad player as back up to Holt, but surely Morison has been signed with this in mind, no?ON LOAN:Rudd, Steer, Adeyemi, Francomb, Dawkin and Ball are probably all unready for Premiership football. Though Adeyemi may well have learnt a bit at Bradford and be readier than the others...This would fit into the 25-man squad rule.What do you think?

You do realise the ''25 man squad rule'' was in operation this season in the Championship?

Plus we can have more than 25 players its just we have to name 25 to play in the Premiership, the same as the Championship.

I agree with all your outs and you can add McDonald to that

As for your ins, I hadn''t thought about Carr could be a good back up for Martin

If you really want to know what others think about who could come in and who could go, there must be at least 25 existing threads on this board that will tell you.

Agree with your outs plus Chris Martin In i would love to see Matt mills but Wolves are working on him, Snodgrass though leeds seem keen to keep him, FF still for me. Bennett seems almost here. We need cover at right back but not sure who. The midfielder at cardiff has been talked about a lot too forgotten his name though

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]You do realise the ''25 man squad rule'' was in operation this season in the Championship? [/quote]

Was it? I would like to have a look at that particular rule, can you post up a link for us?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Agree with your outs plus Chris Martin In i would love to see Matt mills but Wolves are working on him, Snodgrass though leeds seem keen to keep him, FF still for me. Bennett seems almost here. We need cover at right back but not sure who. The midfielder at cardiff has been talked about a lot too forgotten his name though[/quote]

I am getting really fed up with some people, at every opportunity, having a knock at Chris Martin.

I hope you remember in twelve months time what you are sdaying now and give us your thoughts then.

At the moment Chris Martin is doing one very important job for the club - we''ve had it with John Ruddy and Russell Martin now he is the centre of a lot of people''s criticisms. If it was not for him another player would be suffering as some people on this forum only seem to be happy when they are knocking somebody!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Agree with your outs plus Chris Martin In i would love to see Matt mills but Wolves are working on him, Snodgrass though leeds seem keen to keep him, FF still for me. Bennett seems almost here. We need cover at right back but not sure who. The midfielder at cardiff has been talked about a lot too forgotten his name though[/quote]

I am getting really fed up with some people, at every opportunity, having a knock at Chris Martin.

I hope you remember in twelve months time what you are sdaying now and give us your thoughts then.

At the moment Chris Martin is doing one very important job for the club - we''ve had it with John Ruddy and Russell Martin now he is the centre of a lot of people''s criticisms. If it was not for him another player would be suffering as some people on this forum only seem to be happy when they are knocking somebody!

[/quote]Well said. I just ignore negative posts about Martin now, As with R.Martin and Ruddy and Whitbread and Surman, I laugh at the posts, wonder what the hell they''ve been watching and wait for the player to inevitably prove them wrong.

The maximum squad size of 25 does not include players under the age of 21, so players like Rudd, Korey, Adeyemi would not need to be registered and still would be eligible to play. This is why clubs like Everton have held onto players such as Vaughan and Anichebe in the past due to them being players who do not need to be registered and have been good back up. This in my opinion shows why we need to keep these semi experienced young players such as Tom and Korey rather than loan them out pointlessly. But apart from that I agree that signings like Carr and Evatt could be crucial for Norwich to have a good season due to that added prem experience. Plus I think now Norwich are a Premiership club there is more chance for young good players to join and that we should take advantage of this just in case we go down and then these players won''t be interested. This is what West Brom have done in the past and it has helped them build a decent squad rather than a Championship squad with a few quality players. e.g. Blackpool.

25 players is quite alot as well so we shouldn''t base signings on fitting in with that rule. Last season we would have had to register 21 players by my count so why should 25 be a massive problem?