Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Hull City to loan Fraser Forster from Newcastle Utd

If we''re to get in a keeper it has to be a solid, experienced one who can keep the improving Ruddy on his toes.

Remind what level Forster has played at? League 1 and the sub-standard SPL, I don''t doubt his ability but Ruddy for me really grew into the number 1 jersey last season at a higher level and still has plenty of improvement in him.

I think to bring Forster in (which I don''t think we should do) would be a massive blow to John Ruddy who played well last season. I think, like with Russell Martin, we took some convincing, but he ended being a top performer.

They say that every successful team has to have a good keeper, and we were promoted so Ruddy must have been performing very well indeed.

I would happily have forster back here - did well for us and ok at celtic - but def no assumption that if he came here e would oust Ruddy.

Given his age and limited top flight experience I would have greater confidence with FF on the bench than Rudd.

It amazes me when Newcastle United, who are a lower middle of the table Premiership team, with experienced managerial staff now, and in the past, continually mark Fraser Forster as their number three (perhaps lower) but we continually believe him to be a world beater after playing for us for a season n League One.

Yes, he had a very good season, but it was League One. Last season he was a Scottish Premiership goalkeeper for Celtic, whose supporters are split on their opinions of him. But remember, because of the standard of that competition he was a spectator for many, many minutes of many, many matches.

We have a young goalkeeper of our own, not a loanee. Stop all this speculation about a third choice keeper of another Premiership side and get behind John Ruddy.

Thankfully, if he is off to Hull it will kill the speculation once and for all.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I would happily have forster back here - did well for us and ok at celtic - but def no assumption that if he came here e would oust Ruddy. Given his age and limited top flight experience I would have greater confidence with FF on the bench than Rudd.[/quote]

The last thing that FF would want would be sitting on anybody''s bench. That is a massive no hoper.

problem at Newcastle is that Harper and Krul are very highly rated with more experience than FF so it''s probably why they continue to loan him out.  i''m sure they want to keep FF in case Harper retires or is sold.

i think Hull would be a good move for FF, as i think Hull might have what it takes to push for promotion next yr.  they ended the season quite well and i just have a feeling they''ll be a team to watch (not that i''ll be watching the Chumpionship :)  )  now i''ve said that, they''ll probably do a Sheff Utd.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I would happily have forster back here - did well for us and ok at celtic - but def no assumption that if he came here e would oust Ruddy. Given his age and limited top flight experience I would have greater confidence with FF on the bench than Rudd.[/quote]

The last thing that FF would want would be sitting on anybody''s bench. That is a massive no hoper.

[/quote]

I do realise that!

my point was more that I dont think FF is any better than Ruddy and possession is 9/10ths.

IF he came - with his lack of top flight experience why would he expect to oust JR??