Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Korey, Korey, Korey, Korey, Korey Smith...

I feel really sorry for the lad.  He was a massive part of our team that got us promoted from league 1 up to the Championship, but then gradually went down the pecking order without doing much wrong, and I think he would be brilliant next year against the top teams. With his constant hassling of the opponents, a bit like JS Park at Man Utd. But with Lambert bringing in 3 new midfielders (well trying to) in Snodgrass, Bennett and Johnson where is Korey going to fit in he will also be behind Crofts, Fox, for the defensive midfielder role, and behind Crofts, Snodgrass, Johnson, Bennett for the right side of the diamond.  [:^)]

[:^)]

He is still really young. I think if we get enough midielders in this summer then he will go out on loan until january. Lambert obviously rates him as he is the only academy player (other than Martin) who features regularly in the squad.

Also Declan Rudd [;)]

I think 1/2  a season in the champ may do him well, but if I was in his shoes I''d be gutted not to get a chance!

I saw him play at right back for the youths/academy. He was outstanding.  Unless we get a new right back in, I would guess he will be staying.

I really like Korey Smith and he was definitely one of the players of the League 1 season.  I thought he was going to easily make the step up to Championship level and I think he did play well but we need to remember how young he is and how important last season was.  We couldn''t afford to have him regularly in the team but then get tired and drift off about March time.  He will be a very good player and he will stay with us next season, he might go on loan for a half a season but I think he will get a bigger chance next season than some think.  We definitely have a very promising player on our hands.

He has been a bit unlucky to lose his place I have to say. But as others say he will probably be back up in the right back position by the looks of things. However I seriously think we need someone else at right back. While Russell Martin is obviously first choice if he gets injured I really dont like the idea of Korey Smith being out back up especially if Martin is out for a while and obviously in the prem we cant get loans in like we could in the championship. As I said get someone else in and stick Smith out on loan to a championship club. I would much rather he went out on loan where he will be playing and if we really need him he can be recalled

The great thing about Korey, apart from his attitude, is that he has NO limitations on a football pitch. He has great stamina, he''s strong, he can play a pass, tackle, shoot, cross, the lot. If he can achieve all of these with just a tad more consistency then the sky''s the limit and when you consider his age there''s no reason why that consistency won''t improve with experience.

I like him too...a lot. Easy to forget what a big part he played in our promotion to the Championship and he''s so young to be playing that many games with that kind of pressure.I''m sure Mr Lambert sees a future for him here. If he keeps his head down and works hard then his chance will come. It''s a long season and injuries suspensions are bound to play a part.

It''s kind of hard to know what''s inline for him. Had a great season in League 1 and started off doing ok in the Champs but he never really excelled. By the second half of the season we generally looked a better team without him than we did with him.

You know he''ll run all day long for the team but at the moment he probably doesn''t offer enough with the ball and just general experience of how to play the game.

He probably hasn''t done enough for anyone to want to buy him off us for a decent fee so I would guess this season coming he''s either backup/bench warming or out on loan.

Unfortunately Korey has been a victim of our meteoric rise under Lambert. He has never let the team down, but I don''t think anyone could make a case for saying that he should have kept Fox, Crofts, Surman or Lansbury out of the side last year.

The team has progressed quicker than he has. And that''s not a criticism of him, by the way. I hope he gets a loan move to a Championship club so he can continue his development.

I think that if we''re serious about making a go of it in the Prem we need an actual RB as back-up/competition for Martin, rather than a willing young midfielder who''s happy to play there if required.

Today, Korey, you''re marking Gareth Bale...hmmm.

A very promising player and definately somebody we should stick by for the future however as others have said, we all know he can run all day and does the simple things well but when it comes to game management, as a midfielder dictating a game, he''s not there yet and is limited in the final third.