Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Dani Pacheco

Seems to be split opinion on here in terms of Dani''s contributions to the team whilst he was here towards the end of last season, and whether we should get him back for next season.

In my opinion we shouldn''t try and get him on loan again.

I feel that in games against Scunthorpe and Coventry, he was great. In the away games against Swansea and Watford where we really had to dig in, he went missing a bit.

He was a great bit of flair to add to our side, but next season will be much harder, as we all know, and I just don''t think Pacheco will improve the squad. I see him as a bit of a luxury. Decent bloke though, but I think their are better players to be had.

As much as I admire his skill and enthusiasm I do ask whether he is even in Lambert''s plans? If we get him on loan could we guarantee him enough game time to satisfy Kenny''s demands? We have enough strikers now and even our attacking midfield is starting to get more options (if Bennett signs).

On the other hand I have a sneaking suspicion that if we are mid-table in January and Pacheco is still in the same situation we may put in a cheeky bid.

To be honest, I do not expect Dani to return. He is probably not for sale/affordable , and since the number of loan players are limited in the PL, I expect PL to use that option to bring in players with more PL experience.

Not seen many detractors - he has potential and if he is here I will be happy enough.

He gave us something different and for definitely did improve the squad. Due to his age and inexperience he was a little inconsistent in a game and across games too. He will improve on that if he is with us

I am not sure that there will be better players - who will want to come here - who was there like him in the champs? Taraabt? Sinclair, At a push Kebe? Lansbury & Hoolahan. It all depends on price and terms.

Bit more experience and Pacheco will be very influential in the Premier League, so I''d take him in a flash. Given his pedigree he is just as likely as Wes to make an impact for a side like ours in the top flight. The only issue for me is whether he will ever cut in in a top six side but I could see him becoming an integral part of the side if we got him - just think it''s highly unlikely.

Seeing Pacheco at Norwich, I don''t really see him making a huge impact at Liverpool. If he''s not in their plans for this season, I think he might be loaned to another Championship club in January.

I think if we are in a position in January where we need players, I don''t think Pacheco is the type of player we will need to keep us in the Premier League.

I''d have him, his game could well suit the Premier League more so than the Championship, as he wouldn''t get the shyte kicked out of him and it''s a lot less scrappy.

I think it might come to a choice between Lansbury and Pacheco if Bennett does come in. Lansbury has the kind of passing and bite when tracking back that we will need in the Prem, so would be my choice I''m afraid.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Me too. Would prefer Lansbury.[/quote]

Lansbury seems unlikely based on the rumours of a clear-out strategy at Arsenal and blooding and reliance on youngsters next season.

[quote user="paul moy"]

Lansbury seems unlikely based on the rumours of a clear-out strategy at Arsenal and blooding and reliance on youngsters next season.

[/quote]Off topic, but surely that is the opposite of what Arsenal should be doing?

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Off topic, but surely that is the opposite of what Arsenal should be doing?
[/quote]

Wenger often does the opposite to that expected, but it appears that Arsenal fans are backing him with this strategy. Fabregas is surely off anyway and it appears that fans have lost faith in regulars such as Arshavin and Bendtner. Perhaps Wenger has been watching how Lambert''s young and hungry strategy is bringing us increasing success with some envy.

He was a good addition to the squad last season and at times produced the goods. Certainly not the complete article yet, same as Lansbury who I''d also like back but both are capable of at least doing what they did last season which was quality on the bench and in reserve!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]Off topic, but surely that is the opposite of what Arsenal should be doing?[/quote]

Wenger often does the opposite to that expected, but it appears that Arsenal fans are backing him with this strategy. Fabregas is surely off anyway and it appears that fans have lost faith in regulars such as Arshavin and Bendtner. Perhaps Wenger has been watching how Lambert''s young and hungry strategy is bringing us increasing success with some envy.

[/quote]That''s not my point. Arsenal have gone six years without a trophy now, simply because they have spent that time blooding youngsters. They need to add a couple of experienced players to complement what they have and help the youngsters out a bit.But Wenger won''t, because he is getting more and more stubborn, and will continue to sacrifice winning in order to bring through youngsters who are clearly very talented, but just not effective enough.

Pacheco is a very good footballer and I''d be happy to see him back at Norwich

His form was a bit of a mixed bag while he was here but the same was true of Lansbury.

Am I alone in thinking  Pacheco did not have a bad game against Swansea? We started the game brightly with Pacheco taking the ball past a few players and having a decent shot saved, he also created a few chances which we didn''t finish. However, as soon as we went a goal down we barely saw any possesion in the first half, and so no one was particularly influential. In the second half, If I remember rightly Pacheco and Surman was taken off becuase we needed more bite in midfield as opposed to class, so I see this as a tactical change to benefit the team, as opposed to Pacheco having an ''off day''. Only heard the Watford game on commentary so can''t comment on that, but thought he was brilliant against Scunthorpe and really made a difference against Coventry. I think he is a great player with the right attitude to match so overall I''d love to see him back here.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s not my point. Arsenal have gone six years without a trophy now, simply because they have spent that time blooding youngsters. They need to add a couple of experienced players to complement what they have and help the youngsters out a bit.

But Wenger won''t, because he is getting more and more stubborn, and will continue to sacrifice winning in order to bring through youngsters who are clearly very talented, but just not effective enough.
[/quote]

I think his plan is also to sign talented youngsters bearing in mind that he tried to buy 19 year-old Phil Jones from Blackburn before being beaten to his signature this week by Manure. 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s not my point. Arsenal have gone six years without a trophy now, simply because they have spent that time blooding youngsters. They need to add a couple of experienced players to complement what they have and help the youngsters out a bit.

But Wenger won''t, because he is getting more and more stubborn, and will continue to sacrifice winning in order to bring through youngsters who are clearly very talented, but just not effective enough.
[/quote]

I think his plan is also to sign talented youngsters bearing in mind that he tried to buy 19 year-old Phil Jones from Blackburn before being beaten to his signature this week by Manure. 

[/quote]

Arsenal didn''t try to sign Jones. I have that on pretty good authority - but Arsenal are happy for the fans to believe that they were trying to sign him

Regardless of whether they did or didn''t try to sign him he was hardly likely to go there at his age when he had the option to remain in the North-West area.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arsenal didn''t try to sign Jones. I have that on pretty good authority - but Arsenal are happy for the fans to believe that they were trying to sign him

[/quote]

Well they are trying now !! The latest is that Blackburn are trying to renege on the deal with Manure after interest from Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham have all come in and offered more than the 16.5 million release clause. They seem willing to pay 25 million.