Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Taylor

Canaries to sign Bradley Johnson on 3 Year Contract - Sky Sports

just driving home from uni past colney and waiting to pull out of the entrance looked awfully like johnson....may not be him but looked just like him

[quote user="Alex"]Hey Rob, I get what you''re saying about er BJ, a regular starter for Leeds but one that has never impressed me bar that superb strike against Arsenal. So naturally, I wouldn''t be initially as optimistic about this potential signing. However, Sir Lambert is something else and if anyone can get the best out of a player it''s him. If we were to sign him, I''m certainly not one of these posters that would be looking to see him fail. Far, far from it - If he''s here next season and pulling on the yellow and green, then as with every other NCFC player, he would have my 110% backing. He''s fairly young, and Lambert''s identified something in him that he likes - That''s good enough for me!. Keeping fingers crossed for Snodgrass aswell... An interesting week ahead.[/quote]

Based on what exactly?

One thing he can do is hit a pass and hit a damned good one-finds space for players to run into and finds the players. You can never have too many good passers of a ball in your team (stating the obvious, I know!) but with possession 9/10 of the law in PL football, if we haven''t got the ball, we''ll need players in the team who can win it and do something with it. BJ fits the bill.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Alex"]Hey Rob, I get what you''re saying about er BJ, a regular starter for Leeds but one that has never impressed me bar that superb strike against Arsenal. So naturally, I wouldn''t be initially as optimistic about this potential signing. However, Sir Lambert is something else and if anyone can get the best out of a player it''s him. If we were to sign him, I''m certainly not one of these posters that would be looking to see him fail. Far, far from it - If he''s here next season and pulling on the yellow and green, then as with every other NCFC player, he would have my 110% backing. He''s fairly young, and Lambert''s identified something in him that he likes - That''s good enough for me!. Keeping fingers crossed for Snodgrass aswell... An interesting week ahead.[/quote]

Based on what exactly?

[/quote]

Based on what I have seen of him, obviously. Which is several televised Leeds games, and he''s not impressed me thus far. But I will trust Lambert''s decision on the matter ;)

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Webbo118"]

Based on what exactly?

[/quote] Based on what I have seen of him, obviously. Which is several televised Leeds games, and he''s not impressed me thus far. But I will trust Lambert''s decision on the matter ;)[/quote]

That''s very good of you. I''m sure he will be relieved.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]One thing he can do is hit a pass and hit a damned good one-finds space for players to run into and finds the players. You can never have too many good passers of a ball in your team (stating the obvious, I know!) but with possession 9/10 of the law in PL football, if we haven''t got the ball, we''ll need players in the team who can win it and do something with it. BJ fits the bill.[/quote]Not sure on Johnson''s passing ability as I haven''t seen enough of him to comment on that part of his game.  If your report is anything to go by though then he sounds a better player than perhaps I initially thought (and my first thoughts were that he was a good signing on a FREE).I agree with you 110% about possession being 9/10''s of the law in Premier League Football and above.  This is why I have been banging on about Elliot Ward being by far our best centre half to the disagreement of the vast majority for so long.  Elliot Ward wins the ball and the majority of times that he does so he puts in a good pass to our midfield that allows us to keep easy possession and build a good attacking move from the back.  Yes Ward leaves himself open to making the odd error here and there by playing like this, but I would much prefer that than a defender who simply wins the ball then bangs it long.  The higher of standard of football you are playing at you will undoubtedly get punished more often than not for giving the ball away cheaply and at Premier level I believe that Whitbread and certainly Barnett are far more likely to give the ball straight to the opposition more often than Ward.

I think he was a very prominent figure in their cup run in league one. i''d be happy to have him here, definitely a player of the Crofts calibre

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Just spotted Johnson outside Carrow Road.[img]http://cs12.cs.qc.cuny.edu/~pake2745/images/donkey.jpg[/img]I just hope the club supplies everybody in the Barclay & N&P with helmets, to protect themselves from his dreadful shots.[/quote]

you what:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njW4Aof2zko

Leeds offered him a new contract twice,according to 5 live!

I was told by my palace mate,he got told qpr were in for him,and was lining up talks? Did we or have we moved first? so im not counting any chickens yet!

message for miggins

ncfcfan is a binner ........ or scum, cockney wannabe, friend of the paupers, charity robber etc

(perhaps that was why he posted up a pic of his club''s mascot)

A LUFC supporting colleague of mine has described Johnson as inconsistent. When he''s ''on'' apparently he is very, very good buth then next game he''s ''off'' and is very, ordinary. If this is the case then I''m quite sure that PL has what it takes to improve the consistency side of his game.

i just made anoguher thread dident realise some one had done it lol but sky sports text has now sad we have agreed a deal to sighn bennett for around £1.5m

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

you what:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njW4Aof2zko[/quote]When somebody shoots 100 times a match, one is going to fly in.And whoever said he''s a good passer of the ball, go and say that to a Leeds fan and watch him laugh in your face.

[quote user="crafty canary"]A LUFC supporting colleague of mine has described Johnson as inconsistent. When he''s ''on'' apparently he is very, very good buth then next game he''s ''off'' and is very, ordinary. If this is the case then I''m quite sure that PL has what it takes to improve the consistency side of his game.[/quote]

That would explain the wildly different judgements of BJ from people. It sounds like he has got it, but has too many off days - Something I''m sure Sir Lambert could sort out, well, it''s his stock in trade afterall. Brilliant man motivator.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]When somebody shoots 100 times a match, one is going to fly in.[/quote]I''ve told you a million times - stop over exaggerating...On average you''ll find most teams have about 12-15 shots per game, so even if he takes 2-3 shots a game, it''s hardly the amount your suggesting.Besides, that''s not the main factor to his game, simply that now and again he comes up with some cracking strikes, which in itself shows ability, even if it''s not the consistentency and overall talent of players like Lampard and Gerrard who are known for good strikes.It really does make you laugh sometimes, we''ve signed a good player for NOTHING, who can bolster the midfield with a physical presence, CAN pass a ball even if he''s not Fabregas, CAN strike a ball even if he''s not Drogba, and wants to succeed at the top level, and instead of welcoming the guy and giving him a chance to prove himself here, he''s instead being slated - what an absolute joke.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ncfcfan"]When somebody shoots 100 times a match, one is going to fly in.[/quote]
I''ve told you a million times - stop over exaggerating...

On average you''ll find most teams have about 12-15 shots per game, so even if he takes 2-3 shots a game, it''s hardly the amount your suggesting.

Besides, that''s not the main factor to his game, simply that now and again he comes up with some cracking strikes, which in itself shows ability, even if it''s not the consistentency and overall talent of players like Lampard and Gerrard who are known for good strikes.

It really does make you laugh sometimes, we''ve signed a good player for NOTHING, who can bolster the midfield with a physical presence, CAN pass a ball even if he''s not Fabregas, CAN strike a ball even if he''s not Drogba, and wants to succeed at the top level, and instead of welcoming the guy and giving him a chance to prove himself here, he''s instead being slated - what an absolute joke.
[/quote]

As is that a good number of people on here seem to think that they have more experience and knowledge of the game than PL, e.g. "I have seen him on the tele a few times". Get real - please!!!!

Webbo, reading your responses to one or two of us on here today has struck me that you''re clearly abit of a.... However, you do deserve the response you''re craving for from one of us. So - Where''s the people saying we know better than Lambert and that Johnson won''t make the grade? I for one have never said that. What I have said, like MANY people is that Johnson''s not blown me away from what I''ve seen so far, BUT I know what Lambert can do with players, and his ability to bring out the best in them. It''s a hated phrase, but I''ve never trusted a manager more in my life. And I''ll always back City players 110%, whether that''s when I get to a match, or just in general support on here.

Regarding watching a player with my own eyes from either being sat in a stand, or sat on a seat at home - Do TV''s have some sort of impressive technology where they dumb down a players performance? Because next time you settle down and watch England draw 2-2 on the box and think to yourself ''How crap was that performance?'', then I''d suggest you get yourself down to Wembley and watch it in the flesh where England actually put in a meteoric performance and won 7-0... That''s how it works isn''t it? ;)

So how many time have you seen him play debbie,in which he has failed to have "Blown you away"?

When IWAN came here,it took him almost half a season to win over the barclay!

He is wanted by leeds,has turned down 2 improved contracts,and played in most of their games this year,when up to late feb,they looked good for at least a play off spot!..

But most importantly if LAMBERT LIKES HIM,(who would bring the skill and play out of him) Its good enough for me...

PS watching a game on tv can be full of distractions(im this house anyway!),so being there in the flesh is much much better!

Its like a movie on dvd,you never give it full concentration..But at the cinema with a massive screen,lights off,you can only see the movie..

[quote user="Barclaybred"]But most importantly if LAMBERT LIKES HIM,(who would bring the skill and play out of him) Its good enough for me![/quote]

....AND FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME - IT''S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TOO!

Which part of that do you and the webbed feet bloke not understand?.

I will also apologise unreservedly to the whole forum for making the SMALL point that I was not impressed in the 4 or so televised matches I saw this season! Sorry!

Btw, well worth having a read on WACCOE about this, as I did last night - One poster on here in particular get''s slaughtered. But generally, despite the perceived reputation of Leeds fans, many of them speak alot of sense and have very fair views I think.

Tin Hat time......

Sorry but if we sign him it will be the first of King Lamberts mistakes in my opinion. From the times I have seen him he looked average at best and a couple of Leeds supporting mates said even that was a flattering description!

If he turns out to be a revelation then I will happily eat my words!

Snodgrass or Gradel yes please though!

I think Steven Smith takes the crown of Lambert''s first mistake.

Johnson is a combative midfielder who will complement the current contingent of skillful players. At the moment we only have Croft in midfield who can put his foot in and work effectively as a destructive force, I doubt Johnson will play every game, but he will be a handy option to have from the bench if we are becoming over run in midfield - especially as he is out of contract.

But if he is as poor as I (and 30 odd thousand Leeds fans) think then he could be a real liability in the "best League in the World"

Entitled to your opinion, however wouldn''t have started a new thread for this. Stick it in the Bradley Johnson thread by all means.

Depth and competition is the key here.

He also provides a bit of steal, yes he is not the most gifted footballer. But I remember people saying the same about Crofts etc. before he came here.

Nicely put Bethnal. I mentioned this in a previous post about Johnson: When Fox was injured, suspended, fatigue, whatever the reasons were, we had nobody else to put into that DM role apart from Crofts, and we missed his attacking play as a result.

Verdict: Rather have Johnson on a free to pose as cover than splash out on someone

I think he would be a decent squad player versatile but unlikely to be a regular starter. Remember no emergency loans in the Premiership

Well if he turns out top be a decent squad player in the Premiership then I will be more than happy....

According to a Leeds-supporting mate, Bradley Johnson is left-footed and has played a lot on the left side of midfield, so would be handy when a bit of steel is required on the left (Surman is very skilful but can look a bit lightweight and is not a great tackler).

Johnson has also filled in quite a bit for Leeds as a left back, which would be very handy given that Drury is now past his best and the only other cover is Lappin.

Apart from being very fast, I see that Elliot Bennett has also played a bit at right-back for Brighton, too, so Lambert is probably sorting out some full back cover into the bargain with these two rumoured deals.

My one major concern about Bradley Johnson is his disciplinary record: 14 bookings and 1 red card in his 49 appearances this season.

So probably not Lamberts'' first or second mistake (who in my view were Oli Johnson & Stephen Smith), which are very few and far between.