Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Taylor

Canaries to sign Bradley Johnson on 3 Year Contract - Sky Sports

AJ, I got a message from Michael Bailey saying the Bennett deal won''t be announced until next week due to him being on holiday....We might announce the Johnson signing and unveil him at a press conference with Bennett after the weekend?

[quote user="Grant Holt is a Monster"]It takes a lot of scrubbing for them to get the stain of Dirty Leeds off him before we can have a proper look...[/quote]

=) better get the bleach and wire wool out!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

At Leeds Bradley Johnson had a completely different working environment.

Now he''s joined Norwich, he will benefit from more inspirational management (PL), better coaching (IC), he''ll be surrounded by more technically gifted colleagues, he''ll work at a top-quality training ground, he''ll have resounding support from passionate fans who are not living in yesteryear but in today''s modern Premiership. This club is in harmony - the one he left most certainly isn''t!

Just like Tierney, when he gets his chance he''ll come in and add some toughness to the team - when we''re playing the Stokes of this world he could be a Godsend!

PS: Those comparing BJ with Gill; isn''t BJ a left-sided midfielder and Gill a right-sided midfielder? If so, BJ''s main competition for a place is likely to be Simon Lappin and Andrew Surman.

[/quote]Good post & says what I was thinking about the difference in the two clubs.Paul Lambert is no fool & he will get the best out of all the new signings,I''m sure.Loving the fact that its the only way Leeds are going to get their players into the Premier league too . . . by them playing for someone else!

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"] Ward was ok last year, but he will be down pecking order. [/quote]

Ward will be no more down the pecking order than Barnett or Whitbread.

He started 39 of 46 league games and only injury kept him out of the team.

I think it''d be very surprising if he''s not a big part of the managers plans for the coming season.

[/quote]

the reason why he started 39 games was due to the fact either barnett or whitbread were injured

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

He''s the one who went out the back for a spanner 35 years ago and was never seen again.

Correct miss Diane !

[/quote]

I  I  I Like Miss Diane I do, Not to Keen on Amy Turtle 

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Now he''s joined Norwich, he will benefit from more inspirational management (PL), better coaching (IC), he''ll be surrounded by more technically gifted colleagues, he''ll work at a top-quality training ground, he''ll have resounding support from passionate fans who are not living in yesteryear but in today''s modern Premiership. This club is in harmony - the one he left most certainly isn''t!

Just like Tierney, when he gets his chance he''ll come in and add some toughness to the team - when we''re playing the Stokes of this world he could be a Godsend!

PS: Those comparing BJ with Gill; isn''t BJ a left-sided midfielder and Gill a right-sided midfielder? If so, BJ''s main competition for a place is likely to be Simon Lappin and Andrew Surman.

[/quote]more technically gifted players my arse.our midfield bar BJ are all internationals. howson under 21, snodgrass-scotland, kilkenny- australia and gradel- ivory coast.howson, gradel and snodgrass would all be starters in your team.BJ is a grafter but his passing is very limited and his shooting is woeful.if bradley had a brain he would be a reasonable player but his intelligence seems very limited(hence joining norwich)be prepared for plenty of suspensions for yellow and red cards.club in harmony........................... until bradley arrived on a huge wagebradley was on 4k a week at leeds we offered him 6k a week in november he turned it down as he wanted parity with other players wages. bates transfer listed him....... no offers came forward.we then offered him 7k a week but he wanted 11k a week.he stated publicly that he did not want to leave leeds he just wanted paying what he believed he was worth(bates and grayson had other ideas).if the rumours are to be believed you are offering him 20k a week(haha) for 3 years as he is a free agent and no signing on fee. the reason he has delayed signing is that his agent was waiting for a bigger offer from sunderland.... this has not arrived so he will settle for norwich.bradley has made it quite clear he is following the money. 20k to sit on the bench........ goodlucksee you next year in the championship

[quote user="norwichwhite"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[/quote]more technically gifted players my arse.our midfield bar BJ are all internationals. howson under 21, snodgrass-scotland, kilkenny- australia and gradel- ivory coast.howson, gradel and snodgrass would all be starters in your team.BJ is a grafter but his passing is very limited and his shooting is woeful.if bradley had a brain he would be a reasonable player but his intelligence seems very limited(hence joining norwich)be prepared for plenty of suspensions for yellow and red cards.club in harmony........................... until bradley arrived on a huge wagebradley was on 4k a week at leeds we offered him 6k a week in november he turned it down as he wanted parity with other players wages. bates transfer listed him....... no offers came forward.we then offered him 7k a week but he wanted 11k a week.he stated publicly that he did not want to leave leeds he just wanted paying what he believed he was worth(bates and grayson had other ideas).if the rumours are to be believed you are offering him 20k a week(haha) for 3 years as he is a free agent and no signing on fee. the reason he has delayed signing is that his agent was waiting for a bigger offer from sunderland.... this has not arrived so he will settle for norwich.bradley has made it quite clear he is following the money. 20k to sit on the bench........ goodlucksee you next year in the championship[/quote]

Norwich White if you have such disrespect for Norwich as a place why don''t you**** off up to $hitty durty Leeds??? Just think of all that rain/shit beer/ugly city/watching your beloved disgrace of a club you supposedly support.....

No, thought not bcause as we all know Norwich is a far better city in respect of quality of life etc etc oh yeah nearly forgot we also have a PREMIERSHIP football club, now do one dick head!

Welcome Bradley, the Prem beckons.....

Why is Norwich White even registered to this Norwich City site?

Obviously he just can''t get enough of this club. Far more activity and excitement going around this club than at Elland road thats for sure.

If you think that McNally and Lambert would give any Championship player £20k a week then you must be an awful judge of character and I would hate to meet your friends.  If your midfield is really so great, then why didn''t you win automatic promotion from the Premiership? Our squad thrives on being continuosly under rated by opponents, and long may that continue. If it means that the big four play reserve teams against us next year, then you can expect some surprises.I note that you are a Norwich based Leeds fan, I would be interested to know just how many times you have been to Leeds and Norwich games in the past 12 months. Being married to a Leeds season ticket holder, I get dragged up there whenever Norwich are playing away.Having watched every single Norwich home game last season, and at least 6 Leeds home games, including the 2 games that we played against each other, I can categorically state that none of the Midfielders that you just listed are as technically gifted as Wes Hoolohan. I''d take Snodgrass and Gradel, I have to question whether Howson is really as good as suggested, I would suggest that Korey Smith has time to catch up and exceed him in terms of development. Kilkenny is nowhere near as good as Crofts in terms of all round game. Comparing a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 with our diamond formation is probably the most pointless activity possible however, like I said.... Lambert is a better tactician than Grayson..... who probably wouldn''t even have been capable of working Hoolohan into a strategy. The league table doesn''t lie. There is no way that a team with a weak midfield could finish in the top 2, or even the top 6, and whilst I would agree that the middle of the park is the strongest area of the pitch for Leeds, if you are going to slate our squad then you need to be looking inwards to work out what part of the pitch Norwich are superior in. The table doesn''t lie, we have a better squad than you, and with millions to spend our squad is only going to be getting better. Looking at your squad, I can honestly say that I would take 5 of your players into our squad, and even then a few might struggle to get game time. I''d have Schmeichal but I doubt he would nail down the number 1 spot ahead of Ruddy, I''d probably take Kisnorbo, but only to complete a group of 4 centre backs, I''d take Gradel but only because we don''t have any wingers, Snodgrass is class and I suspect that he would compete for a place (but still wouldn''t be the star man, Hoolohan owns that title), and I''d have Howson even if it could be argued that we don''t need him.The rest of your squad consists of distinctly average defenders, a few league one quality players, and Becchio who is a decent striker but wouldn''t be needed at Carrow Road now that we have 4 good strikers plus Chris Martin, on whom the jury is still out. Not that I ever expect a Leeds fan to be humble and acknowledge that they just aren''t good enough for the top 2, the best that you can hope for is to sneak into 6th place and play at your very best for every play off game. My wife acknowledges that, probably the only Leeds fan who does, at least Leeds fans who never go to games.

I also find it hilarious that you are trying to justify the quality of your players on the basis of International caps for tinpot teams and youth set ups.Howson has got one Under 21 cap, which he won whilst being 22 years of age, and he then got left out of the squad for the Under 21 Championships. Hardly being touted as the next Frank Lampard.Any Championship player should be considered good enough to play for Australia too, it''s almost as cringeworthy as Morrison being touted as an International because he has a couple of Wales caps.We have had tonnes of over rated Internationals, some of them have been amongst our worst players ever. Carl Robinson was the Wales captain whilst playing for us, didn''t stop us from getting relegated.If they haven''t won a World Cup, then I couldn''t give a monkeys whether a player has played a couple of friendlies in kids for a quid games.

[/quote]more technically gifted players my arse.our midfield bar BJ are all internationals. howson under 21, snodgrass-scotland, kilkenny- australia and gradel- ivory coast.howson, gradel and snodgrass would all be starters in your team.BJ is a grafter but his passing is very limited and his shooting is woeful.if bradley had a brain he would be a reasonable player but his intelligence seems very limited(hence joining norwich)be prepared for plenty of suspensions for yellow and red cards.club in harmony........................... until bradley arrived on a huge wagebradley was on 4k a week at leeds we offered him 6k a week in november he turned it down as he wanted parity with other players wages. bates transfer listed him....... no offers came forward.we then offered him 7k a week but he wanted 11k a week.he stated publicly that he did not want to leave leeds he just wanted paying what he believed he was worth(bates and grayson had other ideas).if the rumours are to be believed you are offering him 20k a week(haha) for 3 years as he is a free agent and no signing on fee. the reason he has delayed signing is that his agent was waiting for a bigger offer from sunderland.... this has not arrived so he will settle for norwich.bradley has made it quite clear he is following the money. 20k to sit on the bench........ goodlucksee you next year in the championship[/quote]Just because someones an international does not make them technically gifted and the teams they play for (except for Scotland and maybe Australia under Hiddink) focus very little on technique. The English game is very physical and technical players are constantly overlooked for bigger, faster players whilst the Ivory Coast relies on pace and strength along with tough tackling to overwhelm opponents.

[quote user="Grant Holt is a Monster"]It takes a lot of scrubbing for them to get the stain of Dirty Leeds off him before we can have a proper look...[/quote]

Haha, brilliant !

[quote user="LeJuge"]If you think that McNally and Lambert would give any Championship player £20k a week then you must be an awful judge of character and I would hate to meet your friends.  If your midfield is really so great, then why didn''t you win automatic promotion from the Premiership? Our squad thrives on being continuosly under rated by opponents, and long may that continue. If it means that the big four play reserve teams against us next year, then you can expect some surprises.I note that you are a Norwich based Leeds fan, I would be interested to know just how many times you have been to Leeds and Norwich games in the past 12 months. Being married to a Leeds season ticket holder, I get dragged up there whenever Norwich are playing away.Having watched every single Norwich home game last season, and at least 6 Leeds home games, including the 2 games that we played against each other, I can categorically state that none of the Midfielders that you just listed are as technically gifted as Wes Hoolohan. I''d take Snodgrass and Gradel, I have to question whether Howson is really as good as suggested, I would suggest that Korey Smith has time to catch up and exceed him in terms of development. Kilkenny is nowhere near as good as Crofts in terms of all round game. Comparing a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 with our diamond formation is probably the most pointless activity possible however, like I said.... Lambert is a better tactician than Grayson..... who probably wouldn''t even have been capable of working Hoolohan into a strategy. The league table doesn''t lie. There is no way that a team with a weak midfield could finish in the top 2, or even the top 6, and whilst I would agree that the middle of the park is the strongest area of the pitch for Leeds, if you are going to slate our squad then you need to be looking inwards to work out what part of the pitch Norwich are superior in. The table doesn''t lie, we have a better squad than you, and with millions to spend our squad is only going to be getting better. Looking at your squad, I can honestly say that I would take 5 of your players into our squad, and even then a few might struggle to get game time. I''d have Schmeichal but I doubt he would nail down the number 1 spot ahead of Ruddy, I''d probably take Kisnorbo, but only to complete a group of 4 centre backs, I''d take Gradel but only because we don''t have any wingers, Snodgrass is class and I suspect that he would compete for a place (but still wouldn''t be the star man, Hoolohan owns that title), and I''d have Howson even if it could be argued that we don''t need him.The rest of your squad consists of distinctly average defenders, a few league one quality players, and Becchio who is a decent striker but wouldn''t be needed at Carrow Road now that we have 4 good strikers plus Chris Martin, on whom the jury is still out. Not that I ever expect a Leeds fan to be humble and acknowledge that they just aren''t good enough for the top 2, the best that you can hope for is to sneak into 6th place and play at your very best for every play off game. My wife acknowledges that, probably the only Leeds fan who does, at least Leeds fans who never go to games. [/quote]Lejuge for your information me and my sons did 22 games last season 14 aways and 8 home games i also went to both games against norwich and paid for 3 other norwich fans to go in the north stand at ER.in both games you should have been buried by halftime.our problem was not our attacking midfield it was our defensive midfield(bradley johnson) our defence and our keeper.you said you would have schmeichel.......... you can have him. 1million will do and we can sign kieran westwood from coventry. schmeichal is a good shot stopper but does not control the defence or box.defence..... we missed kisnorbo who is a true leader.bruce, o''brien, naylor and bromby did not give you any confidence when balls came into the box.left backs.......... bessone , BJ(notice a feature here) and McCartney were all shit and allowed the crosses our central defenders and keeper could not deal with.right backs.......connolly and lichaj both did wellwe were second top scorers in the division behind yourselves but our defensive record was crap.we lost 2 games to any of the top 6 teams but were woeful against teams in the bottom half.we did not deserve a top 6 finish but the best team in the league went up via the play-offs.i believe swansea, Qpr cardiff and forest were better footballing sides than yourselves but you had the consistency.the players you have will struggle in the premiership and your signings i believe are championship at best...... maybe your manager is preparing for next season in the championship like WBA  did for 2 seasons when relegated then promoted but from this have become stronger.4/6 about you being relegated will pay for the family hols next year.

playing for leeds breaks a lot of players as we are still seen as the team to beat.... we are still a lot of teams cup final. 14 teams had their best crowd when playing us which proves we are still a big attraction. I did not want promotion as our team is nowhere near good enough and from a personal point of view i do not want to go back to the premiership. with expensive away trips and soulless  grounds with glory hunting fans. i went to old trafford and the emirates in the cup games and was disappointed with the atmosphere from the home fans. to many happy clappy types in the premiership for my liking, i prefered my tips to the likes of yeovil, orient and gillingham when we were in league 1.you mention hoolahan who was brought to english football by who???????????????????????? simon grayson.your so called superstars holt and hoolahan were not signed by your current manager. who you make out is a god.you all know that lambert will desert you when a big club comes calling..... he is a mercenary with no loyalty. will he be at the club this time next year?????????? i doubt it.

[quote user="norwichwhite"]you mention hoolahan who was brought to english football by who???????????????????????? simon grayson.[/quote]And what club did Grayson sign him from?  Livingston.  And who signed him for Livingston...?  Paul Lambert.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="norwichwhite"]you mention hoolahan who was brought to english football by who???????????????????????? simon grayson.[/quote]
And what club did Grayson sign him from?  Livingston.  And who signed him for Livingston...?  Paul Lambert.
[/quote]

BURN!

All very well norwichwhite but still can''t understand the point of all this text.

We got promoted, Leeds didn''t. We have a better team, Manager, Coach, Chief Executive, and Chairman.

Of course nothing stays the same forever and there may come a time when Leeds have more success than the yellas. Meanwhile I will enjoy your obvious pain but I am sure you appreciate that you live in the fine city.

The four games we played against Leeds this last two seasons were brilliant and the results were fair enough.

Move on!

Norwichwhite........ your know it all attitude and arrogance is typical of the ''used to be a big club'' mentality.

Why do you persist on posting on our site? its the closest you''ll get to the premier I suppose!!!

Do us a favour and crawl back to Waccoe.

Believe me ...you wont be missed!

I think your money would be better spent on Leeds bottling it & not making the top 6 again.

Always going to be nearly not quite men with a bad attitude.

[/quote]

more technically gifted players my arse.
our midfield bar BJ are all internationals. howson under 21, snodgrass-scotland, kilkenny- australia and gradel- ivory coast.
howson, gradel and snodgrass would all be starters in your team.
BJ is a grafter but his passing is very limited and his shooting is woeful.
if bradley had a brain he would be a reasonable player but his intelligence seems very limited(hence joining norwich)
be prepared for plenty of suspensions for yellow and red cards.

club in harmony........................... until bradley arrived on a huge wage

bradley was on 4k a week at leeds we offered him 6k a week in november he turned it down as he wanted parity with other players wages.
bates transfer listed him....... no offers came forward.
we then offered him 7k a week but he wanted 11k a week.
he stated publicly that he did not want to leave leeds he just wanted paying what he believed he was worth(bates and grayson had other ideas).
if the rumours are to be believed you are offering him 20k a week(haha) for 3 years as he is a free agent and no signing on fee.
the reason he has delayed signing is that his agent was waiting for a bigger offer from sunderland.... this has not arrived so he will settle for norwich.
bradley has made it quite clear he is following the money. 20k to sit on the bench........ goodluck

see you next year in the championship
[/quote]

Want a glass of whine with that bitter [:D] I suppose that the situation must be very painful for you [:D]

And if you think we''re paying him 20k a week then you''re as thick as your post makes you seem! By the way, loving your last line - at least you acknowledge that you have no chance of promotion next season either.  Hahahahahah [:D][:D]

"Bradley Johnson is believed to have handed in a transfer request this afternoon and could be shipped out fairly shortly.

This not unexpected move came as no surprise to many, who had anticipated this barely kept secret from day one"

what!! he is out of contract on the 30th June and has already ahd a medical, so wheer you get him handing in a transfer request I don''t know.

that was quick....he hasn''t even officially signed yet and he''s already handed in a transfer request....