Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Taylor

Canaries to sign Bradley Johnson on 3 Year Contract - Sky Sports

No havn''t heard anything....but after reading this thread I can confirm it''s half term!

[quote user="nolegs"]No havn''t heard anything....but after reading this thread I can confirm it''s half term!
[/quote]

Not just half term mate, this site is a refuge to victims of the wizards first rule.

And Christ does it show atm. [:D]

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]So, anyway.. back to BJ, anyone heard any updates? Is he in talks with us?[/quote]

I''m not even sure we''re in for him to be honest, AJWizard. I''d have thought if he''s a free agent, it wouldn''t have taken long to tie things up?

This point has probably already been made on this thread but let''s not forget that Lambert (or rather it''s probably McNally) in letting these stories out that turn out to be total smokescreens. Wouldn''t be at all surprised if this is another one. Especially when Skum News are the only outlet reporting it.

...Lambert (or rather McNally) "have form" in letting these stories out....    is what that should have said!

[quote user="Time For Heroes"]"ask any Leeds fan 12 months ago and they would have named him in their top 3 players"Leeds top 3 players 12 months ago would have been Beckford, Howson, Snodgrass or Bechio or Kisnorbo. Not Johnson[/quote]

As i said,check the website"marching on together",and look at the older pages.. 2009/2010 and this season...You will see loads of comments after games that praise him!

So if our opinion differs from yours we are either a "half wit" or an Ipswich fan?

Idiot, I thought this was a public FORUM!

I do however accept that if Lambert see''s something in him then lets give him a go.

[quote user="Hog"]

So if our opinion differs from yours we are either a "half wit" or an Ipswich fan?

Idiot, I thought this was a public FORUM!

[/quote]

I didnt say everyone..IDIOT!

I said then there are the 1p5wich skmers who sign up and then every now and then make negitive comments...Wizard moans now and again but i know he aint no skmer

Well said, Hog.

I, among others, have simply expressed reservations about him as a result of forming a personal opinion based on watching him play a few times which, let''s face it, is pretty much how most of us have formed our opinions on him.  I personally know a number of Leeds fans who aren''t overly sorry to see him leave, whilst others think he''ll be a loss.  Its all about opinions.

I''m happy to trust Lambert''s judgement over my own, as is pretty much everyone else, in spite of these reservations.

To suggest that anyone expressing an opinion that differs to yours is a binner is moronic and completely against the spirit of a forum.

[quote user="Evil Monkey Wizard"]

Well said, Hog.

I, among others, have simply expressed reservations about him as a result of forming a personal opinion based on watching him play a few times which, let''s face it, is pretty much how most of us have formed our opinions on him.  I personally know a number of Leeds fans who aren''t overly sorry to see him leave, whilst others think he''ll be a loss.  Its all about opinions.

I''m happy to trust Lambert''s judgement over my own, as is pretty much everyone else, in spite of these reservations.

To suggest that anyone expressing an opinion that differs to yours is a binner is moronic and completely against the spirit of a forum.

[/quote]

Absolutely spot on, EMWizard. Couldn''t agree more.

[quote user="Evil Monkey Wizard"]

Well said, Hog.

[/quote]

Who has suggesested anyone expressing an opinion that differs is a binner?

I didnt! I stated " and there are those 1p5wich skmers who have signed up here,who ONLY post negativity!

You have to be real idiotic moron if you somehow think i said ALL people who have a different opinion are skmers!

I see in the article where Ken Bates says clubs can stick their bids for Leeds best players he also says Neil Kilkenny and Bradley Johnson are moving on because we need better than them .

How can someone who played 45 games for Leeds last season be ''poor'' in peoples opinions?!

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-10.gif

Aron every day of the week. And every minute of the day. And every second of the minute. He gives it all every game.

I''m looking forward to Aron joining us (sorry, no source). A quality young player from what I''ve seen and heard.

http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/barclays-premier-league/barclays-premier-league-to-finish-bottom-11-12/e13032696.html

I''d put a tenner on West Brom on that one. They aren''t that good anyway.Reasons why:

1) Second season syndrome.

2) Odemwingie could leave.

3) Hodgson is capable of seriusly screwing up.

I think some people are reading too much into it. He won''t necessarily take anybodies place in the first XI, unless he deserves to on merit.To put this into perspective, Lambert likes to build the perfect squad, not the perfect team. We have released Matty Gill, if we sign Johnson he can be seen as a replacement for Matty Gill. Whilst I respect Gill for putting in a shift when called upon, he is a step up from Gill. We aren''t going to be able to have a squad full of £2.5m signings.Every player is a squad player in Lamberts eyes. Rather than relating the ability of Bradley Johnson to say the ability of Andrew Crofts (no brainer, Crofts is defo Prem class), why not put players in a squad context? It''s a good way of doing things.Morrison represents stronger competition to Holt than Wilbraham, Vaughan represents competition for Jackson, and Johnson (if we do sign him) represents better competition in the middle of the park than Gill or OTJ (if only because he has just played a full season of footy at a decent level and has more experience with bigger crowds).It has always been about the squad, not about an eleven, I think that both signings and the two which look to be happening (Bennett and Johnson), coupled with those that have left and look to be leaving, show a clear step up in quality..... we can''t expect any more than that from Lambert, and its the same thing that he did last summer to some success.Nobody expected much from Crofts or Russell Martin, but they certainly delivered, no reason why somebody like Johnson (if we sign him) couldn''t surprise us too. Lambert is a better tactician than Grayson, if anybody can get Johnson ticking it would be Lambert.In Lambert we trust. Feel free to disagree of course!

Very intelligent post, Le Juge.

Johnson is likely to be a bench player, if everyone is fit, and, as you say, would be a step up from the recently released Gill (a good Championship player as opposed to a League 1 plodder).

An incremental improvement, rather than a banner signing.

Agree with you LJ, but you have to have some quality to survive in the Prem don''t you? I think BJ wouldn''t be a bad signing , but it''s still about the big un''s PL manages to bring in. I hope Snodgrass is one of them. IMO he needs to look at the continent too... Agreed squadbuilding is the way to go...

Leeds are a good championship side and Johnson played over 40 games for them last season and they offered him a new contract. he would walk into most championship sides.We are probably getting him for free and he is only 24 and Lambert and crew by and large improve players. This can only be a win win for us regardless of if he is in the first team or coming on from the bench. We will get injuries and suspensions and need strength in depth

FYI

Skysports.com understands Leeds midfielder Bradley Johnson is undergoing a medical at Norwich City ahead of a proposed move.

The 24-year-old is set to depart Elland Road this summer on a free transfer after contract talks broke down last season.

Johnson was a regular for the Whites in a campaign which saw them finish seventh in the Championship under Simon Grayson.

Yet he was transfer listed following an impasse in negotiations and is now set to jump up a division, should there be no problems with his medical at Carrow Road.

Norwich have already been extremely active in the market after sealing their promotion to the Premier League and look set to add Johnson to their ranks for what is sure to be a tough year in the top-flight.

I agree with LJ and YC - B.Johnson will be a decent squad player and PL has (we hope) done well to get him here, especially as on a free...anyone who disagrees (and there are plenty on here) have obviously let championship manager (and other PC games) and the pointless national rag dream team games cloud their judgement of who we are and what the real world of NCFC football looks like.

or should we "do a Blackburn" chairman and put a cheeky bid in for Ronaldiho?

wake up people!

Leeds offered him an improved contract twice during the season according to 5live!

Makes me think someone might have known he had options already?

He is in competition with Crofts and Fox. Having seen him once or twice in televised games, I would think that he offers less long range passing skill that Fox and all round skills than Crofts.

What he does offer is "all,action", non-stop running and tackling, and he packs a good long range shot, probably better than either of the other two. He is a Gary Holt sort of player, and will provide something different, when PL needs it.

Signed on a "free", it must be a good signing.