Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Taylor

Canaries to sign Bradley Johnson on 3 Year Contract - Sky Sports

Also don''t just think "is he better than Crofts/Fox etc" but think "is he better than Gill, OTJ, Stephen Hughes etc" because we really need to add a few bodies in midfield. Beyond the 4 regulars we are very light in this area, only Korey and Lappin as back up and Johnson is probably better than both of them.

Lets just hope PL knows what he is doing, if we are indeed about to sign him. Certainly not a signing which fills me with expectation.

the same sky sports who reported that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was our manager????until it happens i dont beleive a word they say.

[quote user="Hog"]But if he is as poor as I (and 30 odd thousand Leeds fans) think then he could be a real liability in the "best League in the World"[/quote]

Absolutely ridiculous. Have you spoken to them all?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Hog"]But if he is as poor as I (and 30 odd thousand Leeds fans) think then he could be a real liability in the "best League in the World"[/quote]

Absolutely ridiculous. Have you spoken to them all?

[/quote]

lol, almost...

I always though Johnson looked pretty good for Leeds, not their best player certainly but solid.

Blackpool''s biggest problem this year was having too small a squad to cope with a full season of Premiership football. We can''t afford to be spending millions on each player we bring in when we need so many players. Johnson is exactly the sort of player we need to give us the required depth without breaking the bank.

As much as I dislike Leeds, Grayson is no mug and if Johnson wasn''t a good player he wouldn''t have started 40 odd games. Oh and also he was only 1 goal and 2 assists behind Snodgrass this season.

I share your reservations with regards to Johnson, Hog - he''s hardly impressed me on the occasions I''ve seen him play, and the Leeds fans I''ve spoken to seem to rate him as a slightly-more-talented Andy Hughes, and a bit of a misery-guts to boot.

But, of course, I''ve not seen every game he''s ever played in the history of ever, and I''ve yet to speak to all Leeds fans around the world.

There''s also the question of how reliable fans are at judging players - speak to many on here and they''d drop David Fox from our team in a heartbeat, even though his positioning and passing were the heartbeat of our creative play last season.

Finally, if Paul Lambert thinks he''s good enough for a freebie, then I have no choice but to respect his judgement over everyone else.

So, all in all, this signing has a touch of ''meh'' about it, but I trust Lambert to do the right thing.

i thought tierney was going to be a bad signing.but proven wrong.....i think lambert can make he better.

Having read all the amateur nonsense posted by DMWS, it is clear that he/she is more than a bit of a ............, he/she is a fully-fledged ........... Players are not signed, to the best of my knowledge, on the basis that someone has watched them on the tele a couple of times. Vast amounts of research, watching and work goes into the signing of a player. Watching a game on the tele only gives you so much. In the main, the camera follows the ball with much of the work carried out off the ball not shown. I remember Ward being pilloried earlier in the season because "he didn''t look very good in the highlights!" I cannot say that Johnson or anyone else for that matter is going to "blow me away".In the same way, I cannot say that any player is going to be a complete failure. All I ask is that everyone is given a chance and for the negativity to stop. After all, he hasn''t even kicked a ball for us yet but appears to be a prime candidate to be the next owner of the scapegoat''s jacket already.

[quote user="Webbo118"]Having read all the amateur nonsense posted by DMWS, it is clear that he/she is more than a bit of a ............, he/she is a fully-fledged ........... Players are not signed, to the best of my knowledge, on the basis that someone has watched them on the tele a couple of times. Vast amounts of research, watching and work goes into the signing of a player. Watching a game on the tele only gives you so much. In the main, the camera follows the ball with much of the work carried out off the ball not shown. I remember Ward being pilloried earlier in the season because "he didn''t look very good in the highlights!" I cannot say that Johnson or anyone else for that matter is going to "blow me away".In the same way, I cannot say that any player is going to be a complete failure. All I ask is that everyone is given a chance and for the negativity to stop. After all, he hasn''t even kicked a ball for us yet but appears to be a prime candidate to be the next owner of the scapegoat''s jacket already.[/quote]

He won''t be scapegoated by this amateur, my professional posting friend. That I can assure you. Never have scapegoated a City player, and I never will.

What people need to remember is that it is not just about having a larger squad it is also about having a more flexible squad.

I would agree in saying that Johnson probably wont light up the premier league with dribbling runs that rival the likes of Messi, but what he will offer is another strong player.

And yes we need that for the games where we may need a bit more muscle on the pitch. Think of the Blackburn''s and Stokes who do well battering teams and then getting it out wide to quick wingers. And on that note, Johnson is no slouch.

Gill is gone. Tudor-Jones may well join him, and K. Smith might not be seen as a first choice player at the moment.

i too wasn''t sure about him. But now i think about it he could be useful as backup especially as he is on a free!! IN LAMBERT WE TRUST

So there you have it, Webbo. If the Johnson rumour is true, and we manage to beat the 2 established Premier League clubs that are after him (?) ... Nobody has already made him scapegoat, and nobody has said ''I won''t back this player in a City shirt''. Just various views on him which you''re likely to, and do, get with any potential signing. There''s nothing malicious in it whatsoever. I do think you''re getting your knickers in a twist over nothing - IF Bradley Johnson signs, he''ll have our full support and will be wished well for his future City career as much as anyone. If he joins and it doesn''t work out, argue with those people who are slagging him off when the time comes. I for one am starting to doubt if Lambert himself is actually after him though? Isn''t it all just paper talk/internet rumours at the moment - How long does it take to sign a player who would be long identified by Lambert and already out of contract?.

" I remember Ward being pilloried earlier in the season because "he didn''t look very good in the highlights!" - webbo

More twaddle from our self proclaimed expert.

It was my post that you spouted off that garbage in. I commented upon Ward getting caught with the ball and his apparent lack of urgency in retrieving the ball after losing it.. To illustrate the point I gave a couple of examples (that we still accessible to all) via the BBC website ie coverage of a recent game, not a critique based on the highlights. Despite me pointing this out you continued to bleat out this lie as, in your view it appears, evidence should be made to fit the facts.

I''m not suprised you are back on here giving us lesser mortals the benefit of your hugely experienced football knowledge and insight. What was it you claimed gave you this - assistant coach to Mundesley U9''s reserve team and stand by linesman at NE Norfolk league 4 games (if there''s no sub available) ?

[quote user="City1st"]" I remember Ward being pilloried earlier in the season because "he didn''t look very good in the highlights!" - webbo More twaddle from our self proclaimed expert. It was my post that you spouted off that garbage in. I commented upon Ward getting caught with the ball and his apparent lack of urgency in retrieving the ball after losing it.. To illustrate the point I gave a couple of examples (that we still accessible to all) via the BBC website ie coverage of a recent game, not a critique based on the highlights. Despite me pointing this out you continued to bleat out this lie as, in your view it appears, evidence should be made to fit the facts. I''m not suprised you are back on here giving us lesser mortals the benefit of your hugely experienced football knowledge and insight. What was it you claimed gave you this - assistant coach to Mundesley U9''s reserve team and stand by linesman at NE Norfolk league 4 games (if there''s no sub available) ?[/quote]

Just about sums you up. Never let facts get in the way of a good rant or a fanciful lie. I assume your playing career never reached the heights of the team you mention or are you not old enough to qualify yet?

It''s up to Lambert if he wants him. As a free transfer, we might as well take him on board, you never know, could turn out to be useful and vital in our Prem campaign.

Yes its a diff thread as this one is about FACTS and Positive vibe instead of the usual half empty halfwits or the ones who are really 1p5wich skmers who have signed up over the years,and now and again,have a moan to get others to start moaning....

FACT...go to marching all together website and flick through the old pages,from 2010 to when they were still in the hunt for promo this season...Johnson was praised on a number of occasions!

FACT...I have a few leeds ST holder pals,well acquaintances,that i first met a few years back(ibiza),from the harrogate(otley) area,who all agree if he was more consistant,he would be prem quality..As he is still young,im sure he can learn to be more Consistent..

FACT..Leeds wanted him to sign a new contract,and according to the radio,offered him improved contracts twice,so hardley a free waste of space!.

FACT...Leeds played him in most games this season,and it was only the last couple of months they slipped out of the playoff places...

FACT...other clubs also were watching him

FACT....Seen him twice live and a couple of times on the box...looked okay to me!

Just found out 1p5wich are after danny green! I first mentionend him on here about 18 months ago,then a few others started saying norwich are after him...

Hope they dont get him,as to me he looks decent.

I like the lad, strong, not scared to get stuck into a tackle, good in the air, young enough to learn and no transfer fee. whenever a player refuses to sign a new contract and leaves a club for nothing there are always bitter fans that turn the player from one of their best to useless and not needed just to make themselves feel better, ask any Leeds fan 12 months ago and they would have named him in their top 3 players

"ask any Leeds fan 12 months ago and they would have named him in their top 3 players"Leeds top 3 players 12 months ago would have been Beckford, Howson, Snodgrass or Bechio or Kisnorbo. Not Johnson

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]Seen him twice live and a couple of times on the box...looked okay to me![/quote]

Will okay suffice in the PL? Im guessing not.

Though I would love it if we signed him, purely to irk the dirty, doclie Leeds fans.

He''ll be a good signing, looking forward to his arrival and in Lambert we trust. If people are still critical of Lambert after the last two years then they need a long hard look at themselves!

I agree Hog, I''m not sure he''s going to offer us anything we don''t have. Leeds fans seems to think he''s a clumsy midfielder who loves to have a handful of awful long shots every game.It''s a shame that on here now, if you have an opinion that differs to the majority that you get called a binner.

''''More twaddle from our self proclaimed expert''''.

Talking of which, City1st - I''ve just seen this gem on another post...

''Of course he is , even if it''s wrong. What gets me is the arrogance of people....''

Seriously Webbo/Gareth from The Office, if you''re not going to read mine and 1 or 2 other posters entitled opinions properly before coming to ridiculous conclusions and assumptions, at least do yourself the honour of reading yours BEFORE you post them...

OTBC

[quote user="drurysdodgyknee"]Well done everyone, another thread descending into bickering. This makes GREAT reading. I love reading about whose opinion is better. Really, I do.

End of sarcasm.[/quote]

Well lad, haha, why join in?!?. If you wish to read the timeline of events across the forum, then you''ll note it is not myself spoiling for an argument, nor is it myself claiming to have a superior opinion, infact this webbo weirdo has already suggested his/her opinion is better than mine/City1sts/perhaps anyones - all because I, like 50% of the Pink''un messageboard, didn''t describe Bradley Johnson as Frank bloody Rijkaard!.

The FACT IS that I''ve pointed out on numerous occasions that if Bradley Johnson is good enough for Lambert and NCFC, then I''m more than happy with that as, of course, the staff at NCFC know a million times more about football than myself. So, if this webbo dude bothered to take note of my above sentence the first time round, we wouldn''t be having this ''argument'' would we?! - But it just doesn''t seem to be getting through!. I''ll leave it at that I think.

So, anyway.. back to BJ, anyone heard any updates? Is he in talks with us?