Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Paul Lambert interview on Talk Sport

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/8207/1/exclusive-lambert-norwich-spending-not-finished-yet?

Yeah I thought Johnson and Bennett. Would like to see a Premier League experienced head come in though, to give the lesser experienced lads a hand.

Interesting to hear PL reference the 25 man squad thing; despite what some have said on this forum (about the relevance) it shows our Manager is well aware of the constraints...

â€œIt’s tough to get lads. Where does the money stop or where do you actually start?"It might be that you have to start by selling one at an inflated price, and then using the inflated fee to bring in other players.  But if your bloke is worth 15 million, then any reasonable replacement is worth that too.  It is laughably unsustainable, and the only people who can''t seem to see this are those spending the money.  Liverpool are splashing their Torres cash I''d guess.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Why do people call League One ''the first division''?
[/quote]

Because that is what it was for years before changing to League 1 maybe? I call the Championship Div 1, League 1 is Div 2 etc..

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Why do people call League One ''the first division''?[/quote]

Because that is what it was for years before changing to League 1 maybe? I call the Championship Div 1, League 1 is Div 2 etc..

[/quote]You just answered the question with 2 different answers! League 1 was never the first division, the championship was Division 1 and therefore League 1 the Division 2 so the original question is valid. Also the prem technically used to be Division 1 as it was the top flight of the time.

Surely what is now League 1 was originally Division

Three or even Division Three North and Division Three South. The Premiership was originally Division One and what is now called the Championship was called Division Two. Simples!!!!!