Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

The Old Farm - Rob Hadgraft. (Cracking read about EA Derby)

Thought I''d share this with anyone who''s interested:

I came across this book recently online and ended up going in Waterstones to buy it

It tell you the whole history of the Norwich/Ipswich derby and the rivalry between them

Up to page 50 and really enjoying it

Most places you see it online or Waterstones it''s £15, but it seems to be quite rare, so selling it on shouldn''t be hard

The only downside is the current ounce of respect I have for Ipswich after reading their story of starting out. I''m hopeful it will pass

Seriously though, highly recommended

https://m.waterstones.com/BookDetails.aspx?bookId=7931608

I saw this in Jarrolds recently, and thought ''great'' but when I saw it didn''t have last seasons games in it, I thought I would wait for the updated version!

Cheers "Canaray1902" - glad you''re enjoying it!

We updated the EAD derby book in 2010, and also my other Canaries book (''Norwich CIty: The Modern Era - A Complete Record''). Both available in all good bookshops, or at www.desertislandbooks.com or Amazon/eBay etc!

There won''t be another update of the ''The Old Farm'' just yet for obvious reasons - Ipswich have to catch up, so that they start playing each other again!

Regards, ROB HADGRAFT (author)

the books a great Read! Well done Rob H! had it for a couple of years and whilst i havent read it cover to cover i have dipped in and out many times! a good read!

Rob H! The man himself. Should I be honoured? Lol

To be fair, I don''t mind the latest results not being in there. I know what happened last season, and I''ll know what happens in the future as it happens. But its the old stuff that we know little about, and it makes you appreciate how far we have come

Only a quarter of the way through. "The Modern Era" definately next on the list

[quote user="Rob H"]Cheers "Canaray1902" - glad you''re enjoying it! We updated the EAD derby book in 2010, and also my other Canaries book (''Norwich CIty: The Modern Era - A Complete Record''). Both available in all good bookshops, or at www.desertislandbooks.com or Amazon/eBay etc! There won''t be another update of the ''The Old Farm'' just yet for obvious reasons - Ipswich have to catch up, so that they start playing each other again! Regards, ROB HADGRAFT (author)[/quote]

Rob - I purchased the Modern Era book this year in support of my battered copy of Canary Citizens. An excellent reference Rob. Highly recommended! [:D]