Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

Rod Stewart

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="City1st"]do ya think I''m sixty[/quote] Haha, by a process of elimination I think we can work out which of the, er, oldtimers (;)) went to see the Paul Lambert concert tonight which Rod sang at. So... My money is on :- NuttyNigelEddie Tilly WAY Robin Absolutely astonished they didn''t go :- Cluck (in a pair of plastic white trainers, and a very high belt) First Wizard Rank outsider :- Luke O''Donogouguegoogoo or whatever he''s called Anymore for anymore?[/quote]

I wasn''t there Alex. Not going on Saturday either but young jellytot is. One of my grandaughters wanted to go with her but she''s only four and wasn''t allowed[:''(]

Shouldn''t think you''re right about Tilly either. He always told me that his first choice at the Carracobana would be Barry Manilow. Because, he says, just like he sings to his dentures, "I can''t smile without you"[H]

Think Robin was there though[:-*]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="City1st"]do ya think I''m sixty[/quote] Haha, by a process of elimination I think we can work out which of the, er, oldtimers (;)) went to see the Paul Lambert concert tonight which Rod sang at. So... My money is on :- NuttyNigelEddie Tilly WAY Robin Absolutely astonished they didn''t go :- Cluck (in a pair of plastic white trainers, and a very high belt) First Wizard Rank outsider :- Luke O''Donogouguegoogoo or whatever he''s called Anymore for anymore?[/quote]

I wasn''t there Alex. Not going on Saturday either but young jellytot is. One of my grandaughters wanted to go with her but she''s only four and wasn''t allowed[:''(]

Shouldn''t think you''re right about Tilly either. He always told me that his first choice at the Carracobana would be Barry Manilow. Because, he says, just like he sings to his dentures, "I can''t smile without you"[H]

[/quote]

I can exclusively reveal that Tilly was not there as he is on a culture break in Lanzarote at present. He did however go to see the Jersey Boys last year [:)]

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I can exclusively reveal that Tilly was not there as he is on a culture break in Lanzarote at present. He did however go to see the Jersey Boys last year [:)]

[/quote]

Fair play to "the old boy" Kathy.. but you can''t beat the real thing[H]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQgmyQFFQjo

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair play to "the old boy" Kathy.. but you can''t beat the real thing[H]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQgmyQFFQjo

[/quote]

That is really spooky you putting this on here. This song always reminds me of when as a starry eyed 15 year old I used to cycle down to Trowse every day during the school holidays to watch  my heroes training. I thinks songs and smells are more evocative than anything, and can transport you back, ahem cough, a lot of years sall we say. The players I used to oogle in those days were people like Alan Black, Kevin Keelan, Terry Anderson, Ken Mallender etc etc. The manager was Lol Morgan and he didnt really like us there in case we overheard any swear words!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Beauseant"]
I thought the sound was shocking. [/quote]

So did I until I closed the windows.
[/quote]

Ha ha, nice one, Pete.

On a more serious note, I''m surprised how many people have commented on the poor sound quality. One lady claimed she left after half an hour because of the distorted sound, and fears she might suffer hearing damage. I wonder if Rod''s fans made similar complaints at the Swansea City concert? I don''t remember any complaints about sound quality at the Elton John and George Michael gigs at Carrow Road.

one of my more elderly colleagues expressed their dismay at being able to hear Rod playing on Weds, but i''ve assured them they are in for a treat on Saturday with JLS!

anyone know what JLS stands for btw?  i assume something like juveniles love shitmusic ?

what we need at Carra Rud is a bit of Greenday!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Logging in from Lanzarote and firstly pleased to say they have italics over here as well!!! Now really Nutty old mate surely it is you who are the Barry fan because you have rewritten his classic "I write the songs that make the whole world sing" to " I post the threads that make the whole board squirm"