Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

Rod Stewart

[quote user="1eed5canary"]So anyone going to admit to going then?
[/quote]

Tonighte''s the Night////////////

I thought it was a Paul Lambert concert, and he was introducing his rod?. C''mon, someones mum must have gone to this surely? Be a good son, give her a call, see how she is, but swiftly move on to the ''What did Paul Lambert have to say?'' - I''m sure it''ll be something amusing, especially if he''s had another drink ;)

Paul Lambert: "Hiya folks. Rod''s been delayed about an hour and a half so you''ve got me instead!"

"I''d take being a football manager over this any day as this is probably the most nerve racking thing i''ve ever done in my life."

PL definitely stole the show. Rod did show some Norwich goals during one of his songs though which was nice!

[quote user="Charlesberg"]Paul Lambert: "Hiya folks. Rod''s been delayed about an hour and a half so you''ve got me instead!"

"I''d take being a football manager over this any day as this is probably the most nerve racking thing i''ve ever done in my life."

PL definitely stole the show. Rod did show some Norwich goals during one of his songs though which was nice![/quote]

please tell me he actually said that?!

[quote user="City1st"]do ya think I''m sixty[/quote]

Haha, by a process of elimination I think we can work out which of the, er, oldtimers (;)) went to see the Paul Lambert concert tonight which Rod sang at. So...

My money is on :-

NuttyNigelEddie

Tilly

WAY

Robin

Absolutely astonished they didn''t go :-

Cluck (in a pair of plastic white trainers, and a very high belt)

First Wizard

Rank outsider :-

Luke O''Donogouguegoogoo or whatever he''s called

Anymore for anymore?

Yes i did and it was great, though i do accept most there were 40 plus which is to be expected. Lambert came on and introduced him and some good video of Norwich goals. 18000 crowd many being NCFC supporters

I was driving near the ground shortly after the show had finished, so the streets were swarming. Had I put my foot down, I could probably have wiped out the entire 40-50 demographic of Norwich in one go.

The sound quality inside stadiums is a difficult one, as they aren''t really designed to be good for that type of thing!

We "oldies" still like live music and concerts, it isn''t all about angst ridden young men in baggy sweaters and guitars around their knees playing their equally angst-ridden songs to gloomy teenagers!

Saw Pink Floyd quite a few years ago now, it was like a Saga convention in there! But brilliant fun-and they mastered afore mentioned angst back in the 60''s!

Rod has never been my thing, but respect to him for carrying on for so long.

Now, get Dave Gilmour to Carrow Road and I''ll crawl over broken glass to be there, Zippo lighter at the ready for the encore...

Pink Floyd are timeless, Shuck, I could imagine if they did come to Carra the average age would be lower than you''d expect!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

it isn''t all about angst ridden young men in baggy sweaters and guitars around their knees playing their equally angst-ridden songs to gloomy teenagers!

[/quote]With a few exceptions those days have predominantly passed us by Old Shuck, sadly the vast majority of todays "top artists" wouldn''t recognise a guitar if you beat them around the head with one.

Cheers Evil Monkey Wizard and Buckethead...

Tis'' true, the Floyd are winning new fans all the time and I suspect that, maybe, ''Dark Side Of The Moon'' is as much a staple of the student collection now-on a download, for goodness sake-as my joss stick ash stained vinyl copy was!

Also sad but true Buckethead. Whilst play an instrument when you can download something and mime to it! Anyway, the Forum Police will be after me soon, so....still talking of music, our very own Jerry Goss was, and remains, a very big fan of heavy metal!

[quote user="Wizard Wizard Wizard Wizard"]

Yeah I was there. [:$]

Great show, Rod is a fantastic showman.

I thought the sound was terrible but it did improve very slightly.

[/quote]

I thought the sound was shocking.

However, what really upset me was that I was in the Jarrold and people were standing, dancing and singing. Don''t they know it''s a library?

Personally I think the club could do better in this area. So far we''ve had Rod, George Michael . Wasn''t Tom Jones cancelled ? Why can''t they be a bit braver and try to get Foo Fighters, Muse, Radiohead , Kings of Leon or Kasabian ? ( not all at once !! ). Guaranteed sell out. I''d go and see any of these and I''ve just hit 50 !!

We don''t know who the Club have tried to get to play at Carrow Road, just because we want to see them there doesn''t mean the Promoters want to bring the bands there, personally I like my music a bit heavier, now if Iron Maiden were to play there I would be first in the queue for tickets, first time I saw them live was at the Ipswich Gaumont in 1983.

[quote user="Beauseant"] I thought the sound was shocking. [/quote]So did I until I closed the windows.

My 1p5wich season ticket holder friend was there, would be bad enough for them to have to listen to PL doing the introduction, PLEASE tell me they showed some of our 9 goals against the scum as well !!!!

Would really have made their evening!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Beauseant"] I thought the sound was shocking. [/quote]So did I until I closed the windows.[/quote][:D]Regrettably I could hear it from my flat... sadly Saturday will be far worse I fear!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Beauseant"]
I thought the sound was shocking. [/quote]

So did I until I closed the windows.
[/quote]

"Until I closed the windows"......I don''t seem to  recollect that song. Is that a cover by Rod, or is it on one of his albums?

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Beauseant"]
I thought the sound was shocking. [/quote]

So did I until I closed the windows.
[/quote]

I didn''t realise The Village People were your thing Pete [;)]

If you''re trying to embarrass people, let''s ask who has tickets for the JLS concert on Saturday?!