Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

That Deloitte report on inward investment

Do you really think that ''rich'' owners wont find a way round it? Clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona are so far in debt it makes Man U a village team. Ofcourse Platini is only bothered by the English clubs and will bend over backwards to accomadate the bankrupt spanish teams.

Never said they wouldn''t find ways round it, but at most teams will only earn a reprieve or it will fall into disrepute.

Can''t see the Premier League bending over and taking it if Real and Barca don''t have the rules applied to them, really can''t.

One way round it potentially is the investment in the youth team, which as I understand can have an unlimited amount of money spent on it...

[quote user="mtv"]Do you really think that ''rich'' owners wont find a way round it? Clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona are so far in debt it makes Man U a village team. Ofcourse Platini is only bothered by the English clubs and will bend over backwards to accomadate the bankrupt spanish teams.[/quote]Man U''s debt is £700m, Barcelona''s is €485m.It is a very lazy view of the English media that Platini hates England. The rules will be enforced equally amongst all the Leagues - it is just how strong that will be full stop. Anyway the financial fair play rules aren''t about debt, but about balancing income and outgoings - Barcelona are reducing their debt fairly quickly, Man U, Chelsea and Man City are increasing theirs.Downloads is also right when he says spending on youth teams isn''t covered.

It will be difficult to get around as the accounts are independently audited. However, at least in the first 3 years you can wrack up losses of €15m a year on average - in the short-term therefore that is the difference between relegation and survival with only Swansea likely to have less financial resources than Norwich given that Wolves and WBA will have the benefit of previous years income and the rest of the clubs are all subsidised by benefactors to keep them in the premier league. I understand that after 3 years clubs will then have to break even and then this will be a level playing field. Benefactors can still give money for youth and infrastructure so the Board''s previous spending on infrastructure to improve the attractiveness of the club to players and to increase the sustainable income can continue. All that has happened is that other clubs will now have to follow the same sensible financial policy of the owners which has been stupidly and ignorantly criticised when the real problem was with other clubs rather than the owners of NCFC.

I know no one will agree with me, but I actually think its sort of a shame. Honestly, if Abramovic wasn''t about, I think Man U would have just won even more trophies.

All this policy does it make sure the clubs with the most income stay as the richest.

Man U in this league - Barcelona n Real in the Spanish league.

Chelsea will hang about for a few years until their current crop get old, but they will dissapear from the top about 5 years after the rule is enforced I would say. Liverpool will reemerge stronger. Arsenal this policy will suit down to the ground. I can see one of those 3 teams in the future winning almost every year until this policy is dropped.

I think you make an entirely fair point. My real problem is with clubs like Portsmouth who were spend money they could not afford which some people thinks shows "ambition" hence approval of the new rules. It will also make it easier for NCFC and other championship clubs to compete given the likes of Sunderland, Bolton, Stoke, Wigan, Blackburn all benefit from richer benefactors. They is nothing to stop the likes of Mr Cullum paying for a new stand so that we could afford to be a regular premiership club.

Absolutely mate, these rules will benefit Norwich 100%.

I guess that is the dilema. I love Norwich the most obviously but I also love football in general and have never thought myself that it was unfair that Chelsea and Man City were propelled higher up the league by rich benefactors - For me it just made footy more interesting.

Ultimately I think if it does turn out as I predict, it will just be less interesting at the top - I do appreciate that a lot of people don''t care!

[quote user="Walphy"]

, I revealed my identity many moons ago - after my prime purpose of exposing the inner circle had been compled.[/quote]

Good work indeed Walphy.Fancy having to go undercover to reveal an Inner Circle of posters who meet up for drinks before and after games and attend PUPs get together.

Really i honestly mean it when i say well done ,Your lifes work is now complete and i hope those members of the Inner Circle knew you meant business and have all learnt a lesson.[Y]

That Mr Tilson, a Very good question!!!

Why do Pizza''s come in Square boxes?

"I love Norwich the most obviously but I also love football in general and have never thought myself that it was unfair that Chelsea and Man City were propelled higher up the league by rich benefactors - For me it just made footy more interesting."

Man City and Chelsea getting money just made the top 4 the top 6. With the financial fair play rules, it''s possible that the top 6 will become a top 10 or 15.