Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

That Deloitte report on inward investment

One understands that there have been more than a few nibbles recently as being in the Premiership presents a whole new investment climate.

The Far East is stirring according to the grapevine. For better or for worse who knows.

Anybody hear anything specific?

One love.

OTBC

Personally I''m not sure that I would welcome investment right now, not for full control.We are onto a good thing with McNally and Lambert and the general vibe at the club, you never know what you are going to get. There aren''t many success stories when it comes to foreign investment.Don''t get me wrong, I''d be happy for that Lotus bloke to take a slice, but I like the current board room and I''m not sure that the dynamic needs to be changed right now.

Yeah maybe if Lambert left, but I wouldn''t change a winning formula.

Not read anything myself though.

Very good point, well raised Bly. I was always sceptical about the report. My gut feeling was that we would find it very difficult to find an investor unless we had the added profile of being a Premiership club. However if you achieve Premiership football like we have, in theory money shouldn''t be as tight and both the management/board have done an excellent job so it would make little sense to disrupt what is going on by bringing in an owner who would want to put their own stamp on things. Wolves to their credit have shown by having no debt that you don''t have to spend an absolute fortunate to be competitive at this level. So I dont see the need for changes.

I think the warning here is the situation which is developing down at Blackburn with their new owners. They have no idea about the realities of football and have forced a proven manager out of the club in Sam Allardyce. If Steve Keen stays I think they are staring relegation right in the face potentially this season. We are much better off having the current set up in place, with 2 extremely talented football men in McNally and Lambert calling the shots without interference. Will Steve Keen get to decide how to spend the £17 million Blackburn will get for Phil Jones? I doubt it, the owners will probably try to sign some over the hill "big name" player on massive wages.

Look at QPR. Those three words say it all for me, I''m happy as we are.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]One understands that there have been more than a few nibbles recently as being in the Premiership presents a whole new investment climate. The Far East is stirring according to the grapevine. For better or for worse who knows. Anybody hear anything specific? One love. OTBC[/quote]

So, where have these "nibbles" been reported? Which grapevine are you on that the assembled masses of NCFC forumites aren''t?

Methinks that you are just assuming this to be the case with no evidence whatsoever.

I too am morethan happy with how things are in the boardroom at the moment. In fact I have been for quite some time.

The only thing I would say about outside investment is that it may be the only way we can keep Paul Lambert for any amount of time. A significant financial investment would enable us to fast track the stadium development and player recruitment programme. Stadium development being the absolute must.

The thing that wrangles me is Cullum. If he is genuinely a fan with the best interests of the club at heart why doesnt he come and stick a few quid in. I am sure Delia would budge up to make a bit of room. As it is he just strolled up, kicked the proverbial hornets nest and buggered off again.

Dont want the investment from the far east either. Would prefer someone UK based.

I think we could all take a stab at which grapevine BlyBly has been on.

A master class in how to resurrect an overdone subject based on no evidence at all.

[quote user="I Say Its Ruddy Wizard"]I think we could all take a stab at which grapevine BlyBly has been on. A master class in how to resurrect an overdone subject based on no evidence at all.[/quote]

You think the Pinot Noir or the Merlot?

Joanna.

The nibbles have not been reported, they''re on the grapevine. Sorry if you''re out of the loop.....but what can I say?

By the way, like your name. Rather classy, methinks.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="I Say Its Ruddy Wizard"]I think we could all take a stab at which grapevine BlyBly has been on. A master class in how to resurrect an overdone subject based on no evidence at all.[/quote]

[/quote]

The mystery deepens.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[/quote] The mystery deepens. OTBC

[/quote]No mystery......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Welcome to Babes'' yearly attempt to rally the Delia Haters[:|]

Last years can be found here  http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/1/2229271/ShowPost.aspx#2229271

You''ll notice that Cluck and The Butler couldn''t wait to get stuck in[:@] Wonder if they''ll be back so quyickly this time or will it be Crafty and Tangie''s turn[:^)]

[/quote]

Not at all nigel, I happen to agree with the views of most posters on this thread about not upsetting the applecart.

But the nibbles of interest especially from the Far East should not be swept under the carpet. It is a legitimate subject for debate.

Still. One love.

OTBC

Perhaps, given his dislike of our club, his tipple is sourced at Oddbins

ooops, silly me

he doesn''t live under a bridge in deepest Norfolk but is lives in some far flung part of the world

ps perhaps one day he might show us a picture of him holding up a ''local'' newspaper

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Welcome to Babes'' yearly attempt to rally the Delia Haters[:|]

Last years can be found here  http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/1/2229271/ShowPost.aspx#2229271

You''ll notice that Cluck and The Butler couldn''t wait to get stuck in[:@] Wonder if they''ll be back so quyickly this time or will it be Crafty and Tangie''s turn[:^)]

[/quote] Not at all nigel, I happen to agree with the views of most posters on this thread about not upsetting the applecart. But the nibbles of interest especially from the Far East should not be swept under the carpet. It is a legitimate subject for debate. Still. One love. OTBC[/quote]

If these nibbles you keep mentioning were real then it probably would be discussing, although any discussion would be reductive without knowing exactly who the inverstors are and what they are planning to invest.

Up to now Far Eastern investors have usually been a bit of a failure. Mr Kagami at Plymouth has hardly done them any good, neither has the fella at Birmingham, Cardiff''s Malay owners are yet to cover themselves in glory and don''t forget the underwhelming nothingness of the Chinese investment at Everton. Judgement will have to wait on the gentlemen in charge at the Foxes, although they seem to have some rather strange plans.

Why anyone would want an investor looking to make a profit out of Norwich I will never know.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Joanna. The nibbles have not been reported, they''re on the grapevine. Sorry if you''re out of the loop.....but what can I say?

Oh now you have got me curious, I don''t think.

By the way, like your name. Rather classy, methinks. One love. OTBC

I like it too, I  may even keep it for another few weeks.

[/quote]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[/quote] The mystery deepens. OTBC

[/quote]No mystery......

[/quote]

If you don''t know the difference between psychology and psychiatry you would do well to avoid fixations with ganja.

And your silly pictures spoil the width of the thread for others.

COYY!!

[quote user="City1st"]Perhaps, given his dislike of our club, his tipple is sourced at Oddbins ooops, silly me he doesn''t live under a bridge in deepest Norfolk but is lives in some far flung part of the world ps perhaps one day he might show us a picture of him holding up a ''local'' newspaper[/quote]

I should do you for libel.

But maybe you should just be allowed to continue your life as a twerp.

OTBC

[quote user="Walphy"]

[quote user="City1st"]Perhaps, given his dislike of our club, his tipple is sourced at Oddbins ooops, silly me he doesn''t live under a bridge in deepest Norfolk but is lives in some far flung part of the world ps perhaps one day he might show us a picture of him holding up a ''local'' newspaper[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

You''ve forgotten that you are logged in as Walphy - Blybly.

Perhaps lay off the grape(vine) for 10 miutes or so.....

[quote user="Walphy"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Schoolboy error.....[:$]

[quote user="Walphy"]

OTBC

[/quote]Considering he was talking about the op, that sounds like an admission to me.....

Oh, and you forgot Walphy''s COYY and signed off with Bly''s OTBC.

Any doubts that you were two separate posters have now been dispelled for ever.

The only remaining question is... Why did you ever bother in the first place?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Joanna. The nibbles have not been reported, they''re on the grapevine. Sorry if you''re out of the loop.....but what can I say?

Oh now you have got me curious, I don''t think.

By the way, like your name. Rather classy, methinks. One love. OTBC

I like it too, I  may even keep it for another few weeks.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ms Grey had been p*ssing me off recently with her pithy comments so did a bit of research.  The following is an excerpt from The Eagle Has Landed wikipedia page.

Winston Churchill is scheduled to spend a weekend at a country house near the village of Studley Constable, Norfolk. There Joanna Grey, an Afrikaner woman and longtime Abwehr agent, lives. She detests England because she was tortured and raped by British soldiers during the Anglo-Boer War. As a result of her reports, Radl devises a detailed plan to intercept Churchill and return with him to Germany. Although he is certain the plan is foolproof, Admiral Canaris orders him to abandon it.

Mmmm - quite a character and in this piece a reference to Norfolk and what about Admiral Canaris!

Not sure if that helps Bly or not.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Walphy"]

OTBC

[/quote]Considering he was talking about the op, that sounds like an admission to me.....

Oh, and you forgot Walphy''s COYY and signed off with Bly''s OTBC.

Any doubts that you were two separate posters have now been dispelled for ever.

The only remaining question is... Why did you ever bother in the first place?

[/quote]

There never was any doubt to those in the know, stalker. If your pals didn''t keep you in the loop what can I say.........

And do keep up Lapdog, I revealed my identity many moons ago - after my prime purpose of exposing the inner circle had been completed.

Now, I shall be going into a happy retirement never to be heard from again.

Bye folks.

Come on you yellows!!

[quote user="Walphy"]Now, I shall be going into a happy retirement never to be heard from again.

Bye folks.

[/quote]Bye. [:|]

I have been a verment anti S&J for a number of years, I fear to go into any detail because the entire thread will just disintigrate it another messy slanging match of a thread.

However, when the op has an inside track or not, it is a topic worth bringing up again now we have raised our profile by getting promoted to the premier league.

Since the arrival of McNally which then brought in Paul Lambert and his team,my opinion on S&J has softened quite abit. Whilst I held then respsonsible for our former ills, I also give then full credit for attract the people who are wholey responsible for our fantastic rise from the ashes of grant/Roeder/Gunn. So I dont think I would welcome a full take over from outsiders where ever they come from and however much they promise to spend.

Investment would be acceptable and very welcome as long as it is just that and not a way to infiltrate the board with a view to take control.

(I reserve the right to change my mind!!)

[quote user="shefcanary"]Ms Grey had been p*ssing me off recently with her pithy comments so did a bit of research.  [/quote]

+1 on the tally.

Next!

[quote user="Walphy"]

Now, I shall be going into a happy retirement never to be heard from again.

Bye folks.

Come on you yellows!!

[/quote]

Missin'' you already [U][:''(]

Strikes me now that the football league has agreed to UEFA''s Financial Fair Play Regulations, having a rich owner is of no use.