Sign in to follow this  
Barking Mad Barclay Boy

Statistically , PL is the best weve had!

if your a stats man/woman, how about this? (manager, played, won, drawn, lost, win %).....................................Paul Lambert 100 56 25 19 56.0...................................................Norman Low 258 129 56 73 50.0............................. & & & & the worst........................Charles O''Hagan 21 4 9 8 19.0

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]It will be interesting to see these stats again in 10 months time...[/quote]

PL   W  D  L   %

Lambert 138 94 25 19 68.1

[:P]

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]It will be interesting to see these stats again in 10 months time...[/quote]Well if we lose every league game next year his win ratio will drop to 40.5%which would make him only our Eighth most succesful manager of all time.just the one win out the 38 league matches would put him 6th above Worthy and Ken Brown.If we lost the next 96 games in a row then his wins ratio would equal that of Bryan Gunn. He will of course become the first Norwich manager ever to manage the club in three different divisions on the first day of the season.

I would think he''s the best we''ve ever had whatever the stats may say. He would have to fail badly for the stats to say otherwise anyway and I can''t see him hanging around if that starts to happen.

Correction! He will of course not manage that feat, as he was on the mastermind end of our demolition at home to Colchester on the first day of the legue 1 season!

As an analyst, of course context is everything. Which league the results came in, what your spending was compared to your competitors.

The first 2 years it may be easier to draw comparisons with past managers as the circumstances in those leagues are more comparable to leagues back in time, but the Premier League is nothing like what it use to be and the division of money is nothing like it use to be.

You can support or contest any argument by picking the right statistics, but no manager before PL has ever guided the club to two successive promotions, let alone in successive years.But even if we ignore the figures, I would argue that no manager in the club''s history has engineered such a rapid turnaround in the mood of the supporters, from total despair to utter euphoria! The "feelgood factor" around NCFC these days is quite amazing when you consider what things were like two summers ago.For that reason, I think I would already rank PL as the best ever.