Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

#saynotodejaneiro

simple. The club should inform the fans ahead in advance the goal music will be canned for 1 certain game and see what the results are...and take it from there if its part of modern carra rudd''in''...or can it for the long term.

...at least it will stop this thread popping up 3 ot 4 times every close season.

i personally think the DJ need to rethink the pre-game music..."alan partridge" spring to mind. Cringe.

[quote user="pete"]I think you might find Samba DJ has recently been introduced at Blackburn for goal celebs.

Keep the SDJ.[/quote]I watched their game v Man Utd and there was no music for Emertons goal.

Please get rid.  It''s awful.  And so 1998.Although at least they delay it these days rather than play it as soon as the ball goes over the line so it doesn''t drown out the crowd as much.

As a previous person has said, being in late teens an early memory of watching Norwich when I was a kid is this music when we score, and we are synominous for it so why change that?

#yestodejaneiro

There''s also a link to that old saying "If it ain''t broke, don''t fix it."

Things are going well so lets try to keep everything the same down to the last detail!

I don''t really care that much whether we have goal music or not, to be honest; I''m happy to go with the flow.

One thing though, am I right in recalling from our 04/05 soujourn to the PL that they had a ''PL anthem'' that all clubs had to walk out to? I thought so, but perhaps I''m mistaken and/or they don''t do it any more.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

The goal celebration music has a really valuable use folks; that of thoroughly demoralising the opposition!

Psychologically it helps to significantly dampen the spirits of the other team’s players as well as their fans. What price does that have?

Thinking of the many occasions last season I heard the De Janeiro music in the 80th, 90th and even the 96th minute, it is synonymous with success. On that basis alone I welcome hearing it many more times in similar circumstances next season!

[/quote]

I actually agree with that......I follow NHL (ice hockey) and the Chicago Blackhawks play "Chelsea Dagger" after every goal scored....the crowd get going and the opposition players get p*ssed off the more they hear it. I think it adds a bit more atmosphere.....the countdown to OTBC needs to go though

I love the goal music and would be gutted if we got rid. And no way should we stop the countdown to OTBC, if we did that then you''d only have the barclay and the snakepit making any noise before the match. Friends of mine who''ve sat in the away end always say how impressive that first OTBC is!!

I don''t mind it, but would love it if we had Wings of a Wizard''s suggestion of Zombie Nation.

As for the count down to OTBC, I love that, mainly because it actually gets the library stands singing for once!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]One thing though, am I right in recalling from our 04/05 soujourn to the PL that they had a ''PL anthem'' that all clubs had to walk out to? I thought so, but perhaps I''m mistaken and/or they don''t do it any more.[/quote]I think it''s when the teams shake hands rather than when they walk out. They do still do it but it''s a different tune from last time. The current one is called [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8fiC-nu6-0]"My Saturday Self"[/url].[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0g60o-1LtE]This was the old one.[/url]

Get rid along with wigs, facepaint and silly tutu''s. Football is the working mans game not for c***s