Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

#saynotodejaneiro

Agree, I''t s time to bin the goal scoring music all together. Maybe the club could run a poll via twitter or facebook to get supporters to vote whether it stays or goes.

And while they''re at it they could do away with all the loud rubbish music played before kickoff and give us a chance to generate a bit of an atmosphere before the match - maybe even get a few chants going?

goal music is for teams like wigan and mk dons who play in empty stadiums. should have been gone from cr a long time ago.

If you think its embarrassing, imagine discovering yourself singing it at away matches when we score.

It has ruined me as a person.

Couldn''t disagree more, and I''m really struggling to see why anyone has a problem with the music, does nothing but add to the joy of the goal!

You lot must be old fuddy duddy kill joys!

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Couldn''t disagree more, and I''m really struggling to see why anyone has a problem with the music, does nothing but add to the joy of the goal! You lot must be old fuddy duddy kill joys![/quote]

[:D]Not at all Matt,personally i find it dated and a wee bit naff.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Couldn''t disagree more, and I''m really struggling to see why anyone has a problem with the music, does nothing but add to the joy of the goal!

You lot must be old fuddy duddy kill joys![/quote]

100% agree. It''s like we have nothing else to moan about so we''ll moan about something so damn trivial and something that has been at the club for the years!

It adds to the atmosphere. Would be terrible if they got rid of it in my opinion.

#yestodejaneiro everyday of the week!

You lot don''t recognise class when you have it - every other effing club has Tom Hark or its ilk. Okay for no music but at least Samba is class and still unique. They will play something so I say stick with this.

[quote user="shefcanary"]You lot don''t recognise class when you have it - every other effing club has Tom Hark or its ilk. Okay for no music but at least Samba is class and still unique. They will play something so I say stick with this.[/quote]Every other lower league team with no fans. Ipswich for example. A premier league team with a full stadium should not be using goal music.

I say ditch the goal music - we know how to celebrate a goal and lets get rid of the 3-2-1...kick it off before kick off too!! We can start OTBC without someone telling us when to sing...

I quite like the goal music, I know for a fact that it also winds up the opposition after we''ve scored!!..........One alteration I wish the club would make on match day is please,please display the opposition subs bench on the scoreboard before the game. Even more so for next season, it would be quite nice to know which multi-million superstar they might have to come off the bench!?

It is great when this is all we have to moan about!

Personally i don''t mind the music, but it wouldn''t bother me if it was to go.

But the otbc 321 before kick-off is pure cheese and should be scrapped. Singing at football is spontaneous and shouldn''t be orchestrated.

We''ve had this debate numerous times. Stay! We love to paaaaartay!

The goal celebration music has a really valuable use folks; that of thoroughly demoralising the opposition!

Psychologically it helps to significantly dampen the spirits of the other team’s players as well as their fans. What price does that have?

Thinking of the many occasions last season I heard the De Janeiro music in the 80th, 90th and even the 96th minute, it is synonymous with success. On that basis alone I welcome hearing it many more times in similar circumstances next season!

Ditch the goal music - it''s far too high to sing along to anyway.

Ditch the OTBC countdown also - and while we''re at it let''s slow it down to its original pace and not rushed.

Being 16 years old, Samba De Janeiro is synonymous with us scoring goals, and to me it symbolises the glorious feeling of us scoring a goal. Given that I''m too young to remember associating Norwich scoring with nothing but crowd noise, to me it simply has to stay.Besides, you hear the cusp of the roar before the music even kicks in, and I personally love singing along to the music, before launching into OTBC when the match kicks off again.So for me, its a staunch #yestodejaneiro.HY

Can''t understand why everyones so against the goal music, more or less every club has goal music and i really don''t think we''re going to change something thats been around for decades, just seems pointless. Its such a minor thing, on the grand scale of things, and i doubt McNally would waste his time with it, just leave it as is. #yestodejaneiro

[quote user="Hoolahan Youlahan"]Given that I''m too young to remember associating Norwich scoring with nothing but crowd noise, to me it simply has to stay.[/quote]you''ve never been to an away game then.

[quote user="Hoolahans Ped"]Can''t understand why everyones so against the goal music, more or less every club has goal music and i really don''t think we''re going to change something thats been around for decades, just seems pointless. Its such a minor thing, on the grand scale of things, and i doubt McNally would waste his time with it, just leave it as is. #yestodejaneiro[/quote]Not every club has goal music. There are only 4 teams in the Premiership that have it, us, QPR, Wolves and Wigan.

I think you might find Samba DJ has recently been introduced at Blackburn for goal celebs.

Keep the SDJ.