Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Newcastle now in for Snodgrass apparently

I''m not holding my breath over this one. Its one thing to sign a player from Millwall or Brighton but it was always going to be difficult to prize a first team player away from Leeds. Can''t see this one happening, and to be honest at £3.5+ I dont think I would want to either !

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Felixfan"]He is worth every penny of £5m but I doubt we will raise our bid.[/quote]

£5m !?!?!?!?......for that sort of money, I''d want a bit more than Robert Snodgrass !!![/quote]Time to move on. With the Carroll transfer fee to spend and their higher income we won''t be able to compete on salary even if we matched the fee.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Felixfan"]He is worth every penny of £5m but I doubt we will raise our bid.[/quote] £5m !?!?!?!?......for that sort of money, I''d want a bit more than Robert Snodgrass !!![/quote]

I don''t think £5m is an unrealistic amount for a player of his calibre.

He can play on both wings and off the striker. He can score and create goals, he''s not over blessed with pace but he''s good with the ball at his feet so he can take people on. He''s got good delivery and great awareness.

Players of his quality don''t come cheap.

Are you all mental?!?!, Snodgrass isn''t worth £5m!!....he''s not worth half that!.....a player who''s had one half-decent season in the Championship??.......If Norwich were to spend money of this nature I''d be expecting a proven Premiership player or a foreign player of some calibre.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Are you all mental?!?!, Snodgrass isn''t worth £5m!!....he''s not worth half that!.....a player who''s had one half-decent season in the Championship??.......If Norwich were to spend money of this nature I''d be expecting a proven Premiership player or a foreign player of some calibre.[/quote]

Well to be fair a few months ago I tried to point out to you the virtues of David Fox playing at the base of the diamond. You tried to tell me I was wrong and that he wouldn''t be up to it.

Maybe you should trust my judgement on this one too.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Are you all mental?!?!, Snodgrass isn''t worth £5m!!....he''s not worth half that!.....a player who''s had one half-decent season in the Championship??.......If Norwich were to spend money of this nature I''d be expecting a proven Premiership player or a foreign player of some calibre.[/quote]

Well to be fair a few months ago I tried to point out to you the virtues of David Fox playing at the base of the diamond. You tried to tell me I was wrong and that he wouldn''t be up to it.

[/quote]

me personally ?!?................well I suppose we can all be grateful that you''re not in charge of the club''s pursestrings !!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote] me personally ?!?................well I suppose we can all be grateful that you''re not in charge of the club''s pursestrings !![/quote]

Yeah, we should be grateful for that. But even more grateful that you''re not.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote] me personally ?!?................well I suppose we can all be grateful that you''re not in charge of the club''s pursestrings !![/quote]

[/quote]

well I would have saved the club £5m on an ordinary player, you would have just pi55ed it up the wall....I think I know who would be the more popular ?!..........you haven''t answered the point ref: Fox?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote] well I would have saved the club £5m on an ordinary player, you would have just pi55ed it up the wall....I think I know who would be the more popular ?!..........you haven''t answered the point ref: Fox?[/quote]

Yes, it was you about Fox.

You got it wrong about him and you''re getting it wrong about Snodgrass.

dont remember saying anything in specific about Fox but for what its worth ,I think its a case of horses for courses with him. There are games where he''s effective , there were however many games where he wasn''t and it was more often than not him who was substituted the earliest in a match in order to move Crofts back and bring Lansbury on.

Lambert will need to pick and choose very carefully next season which games Fox can be effective nd which he cant.

There is no way in the world that Snodgrass is worth the kind of money your''e talking and should any club pay that, they are taking quite a gamble.

Read in the paper Bates isn''t looking to sell him. So it''ll take a fair bit of money to prise him away I''m guessing

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]dont remember saying anything in specific about Fox but for what its worth ,I think its a case of horses for courses with him. There are games where he''s effective , there were however many games where he wasn''t and it was more often than not him who was substituted the earliest in a match in order to move Crofts back and bring Lansbury on. Lambert will need to pick and choose very carefully next season which games Fox can be effective nd which he cant. . There is no way in the world that Snodgrass is worth the kind of money your''e talking and should any club pay that, they are taking quite a gamble.[/quote]

You said quite a bit about Fox I think but nevermind.

I''d be very surprised if Snodgrass doesn''t carve out a decent career in the Prem. Very good player.

Afraid the days of getting a proven Premiership player for £3.5 million are long gone , that sum of money does not get you top Championship players now , take the Morison deal that could rise to almost £3 million and i would not even class him the best the Championship has to offer.

I think our mistake was showing him round Colney first.

as to - "Bates isn''t looking to sell him"

it won''t be up to him. It''ll depend on what clauses he has in his contract.

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]Read in the paper Bates isn''t looking to sell him. So it''ll take a fair bit of money to prise him away I''m guessing[/quote]Well for me Bates can take Robert Snodgrass and stick him where the sun don''t shine.

I would love Snodgrass in the squad but if it was going to happen it would have done by now. If Newcastle are in for him i guess we have had it albeit i think they will struggle next season with Carol gone and Nolan being unhappy and ready to leave. Ashley will never give pardew the caraol transfer money

I think any deal for Snodgrass is long gone. With the player obviously playing the field and Bates determined to gouge any would-be buyers I can''t see Lambert or McNally wasting too much time and energy on one player. We gave it a go, they didn''t want to sell, and we won''t be pushed to the ends of the earth to get a deal done because we''re not desperate.

Snodgrass is good and I would love him at Norwich but the Premiership is all about power and pace and for 5 Million you would expect those qualities.

3.5-4 is the max we should pay imo.

Again I suppose it boils down to our spending power to how we value Snodgrass. He''s a proven Championship player, he''s the type of player we want here, but is he worth over 5 million to Norwich City? No not in my view.

There are no gaurantee''s he would displace our current midfield and would another season with Lansbury here on loan give us a better chance of staying up for a fraction of the price?

Interesting one this, if we do finally get Johnson through this one week medical and get in Bennett then do we really need to spend 5 million on another wide player?

As much as I would love to see Snoddy wearing the Yellow of city, I would rather be careful with our money.