Sign in to follow this  
Big Rons Brain

Casual tickets next season

Anyone have any idea how they will be doled out?  I live in Sheffield, but am mad keen to get to some games at Carrow road next season.Last time up we had the hat-trick scheme which I was part of, and in recent seasons I have been a super member, does anyone know if similar schemes have been announced or are in the pipeline?Want to make sure I don''t miss out!Cheers,BRB.

hate to say it but you have got no chance at all...there are 6500 super members and according to the club shop in the mall 1600 spare seats every game...unless you have got a super membership you wont stand much of a chance of getting to a game...I can send you a link with lots of free streaming sites however.... im willing to bet all of our games will be online.

Pretty much accepted that I won''t be a Carrow Road this season, but have a few decent away games Newcastle, Sunderland and a few in the North West to look forward too.

I''m guessing that unless you''ve got the required number of away stubs from last season you won''t be getting to an away game.

How the hell are you expected to build up these stubs unless you attend away games?

It''s ridiculous!!!

[quote user="TheJarrold"] How the hell are you expected to build up these stubs unless you attend away games? It''s ridiculous!!![/quote]

Isn''t that the point? The scheme rewards people who constantly go. Last time we were in the Prem you were able to get tickets for some on the big ''big'' teams. I got to Chelsea and Man Utd amongst other. I doubt it will be the same this time around, however.

Yeah, was thinking as much...the kind of dedication you will need to get it in is illustrated by my cousin who lives in Ireland and yet bought a season ticket at Xmas.  Made me feel fair-weather for not getting a season ticket with "only" a 4 hour drive to get back...Still, as far as I know the Supermembership news on the web pages refers to last season, and I think (hope) they have not announced the scheme for next season yet.Been expecting to see something new on the web or get a mail shot to explain it, which is why I posted.Will it really be that hard for away games? I can see old trafford/anfield might be tough, but was hoping Bolton, Wigan, Everton, Stoke + Brum games and even the likes of Man City would be possibles without the stubs.  To be honest would maybe just go and sit in the "home" end for games like the Man City one just to be there.The price of fame I guess!

Most premier league clubs allocate 3000 tickets for away supporters. I would imagine that the prices will be higher than when we played clubs in the Championship and I cannot see us doing as well away as we did last season. For these reasons I think that apart from a few games; tickets will not be that difficult to obtain. Living in London, I hope this is the case.

I think you should contact the ticket office and ask for a Super membership for next season, it''s not much more money than being just a member.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="TheJarrold"] How the hell are you expected to build up these stubs unless you attend away games? It''s ridiculous!!![/quote]

Isn''t that the point? The scheme rewards people who constantly go. Last time we were in the Prem you were able to get tickets for some on the big ''big'' teams. I got to Chelsea and Man Utd amongst other. I doubt it will be the same this time around, however.

[/quote]

I wasn''t trying to be negative and accept that I should have got a season ticket (currently on the waiting list).

Hopefully some away games will be available (Fulham, QPR, Wolves) and I''ll go to those.

It''s not ridiculous, you obviously didnt go to many away games last season (when tickets were easy to come by) so why should you get priority this year? Obviously you are more worried about watching the teams we are playing against rather than going to support NCFC

[quote user="TheJarrold"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote] I wasn''t trying to be negative and accept that I should have got a season ticket (currently on the waiting list). Hopefully some away games will be available (Fulham, QPR, Wolves) and I''ll go to those.[/quote]

I didn''t get enough away games last year either. So reckon I''ll have to go for the Monday night games.

I would assume that you can order tickets through some of the different sports travelagents, for ex perryman... I can probably book tickets to every PL game through their website.

no....I work away a lot and therefore was unable to get to many of the away games last season. I managed to get to 6 away and 12 home games so overall I''d say I did my bit supporting the team when I could.

I assume you are one of those fans who went to ''every game'' and is a ''true supporter''. If so....hooray for you!

I still think Home games that are early saturday, sunday & mid week will not be so well attended by the "away" team. Blackburn, Stoke, Sunderland don''t sell out their own home games against "big" sides, i doubt they will take full allocations in deepest February for a monday night kick off

I didnt go to every game last season and will be in the same boat as you for away tickets. I''m not moaning though as its not the system that is to blame as there was plenty of oppertunity to get the away stubbs last season. But its fair, the ones who put in the effort last season and followed us around the country get the first refusal to do it again this time. Therefore i would disagree with you that it is ''ridiculous''

[quote user="TheJarrold"]I''m guessing that unless you''ve got the required number of away stubs from last season you won''t be getting to an away game.

How the hell are you expected to build up these stubs unless you attend away games?

It''s ridiculous!!!
[/quote]I''m hoping this is a wind-up but if not then the answer to the question is stating the b*eedin'' obvious really. Attend away games.It''s ridiculous !!!

Some of you are so full of bile.  There is a real concern now that attending away games could become a closed shop pretty quickly if past ticket stubs and super memberership are used as a passport to future tickets. 

Towards the end of last season we were attracting the best part of 3,000 fans to away games.  As has been said in this thread most Premiership matches will see away allocation restricted to this number.  If, and I accept it is a big if, away stubs count double or whatever then those that attended away games at the back end of last year will have a distinct advantage.  As most of these were in the South / Wales, I was unable to attend due to family and work commitments so I would lose out.  However I have attended most games in the North for several seasons now (and if we go back further in time never missed a match home or away when I lived in Attleborough). 

So, if Norwich start well and go on a run, it might well mean that those without ticket stubs currently due to reasons like mine, may well have to wait until a cold February Monday before those with ticket stubs decide not to travel and some tickets become freely available.  And the reason for this will be - it will be the match at Swansea probably! 

I''m not saying the above will be the case but do dig deeper and recognise the valid concerns being raised by exiles here.  It will not be as easy to get an away ticket next season as some of you keyboard warriors think. 

Still we can always sit on our hands in the home end with the other prawn sarnie eaters - so what''s our beef hey!

I understand your frustration shefcanary but the fact is that when supply exceeds demand loyalty should be rewarded, and if fans did 10 away games in the Championship they deserve priority on Premier League away games. Everyone has family, work, financial commitments but you seem to be suggesting that it should be a free for all and those who put in 10 stubs worth of effort last season shouldn''t be rewarded with priority.

Don''t get your shot about Swansea, either. I know it was cheap coach travel but it was still a hell of an effort from those who went considering the distance and that it was on TV. I did 11 away games last year but baulked at that one.

Fact is that last season there was only ONE away game that sold out as a ''closed shop'', which was Ipswich.

I did 10 away games in League One (including Col U in the Home end) but didn''t mange to get to any last season because of finances so I''m lumped in with everyone else, not going to moan about it, that''s the way it is, I will try to get to some away games this season but that will probably mean going to the less fashionable games or Sky games played at strange times, I''m not worried about that though, I love supporting Norwich whoever we are playing against.

i live just north of bristol. when we were in league one I was laughing, some of our away games were in the southwest, yeovil, bristol rovers , exeter and that season i mangaged  2 at carrow road and 13 away games.

championship  i have managed 5 at carrow road and 11 away games.  please note that it currently costs £110 fuel  for me and my family to travel to carrow road before eating, drinking, club shop purchases oh and TICKETS !!!

Football is a very expensive hobby. I am hoping just to get tickets for a handful of games, all 4 of my family are supermembership holders but i dont think we will get a seat at carrow road , however i am hopeful of a few away.