Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

Shay Given, CMS...

Just having a look at Sky bets odd for players to move to certain clubs, we''re 3rd favs at 5/1 to get CMS behind QPR evs and Wigan 3/1, and 16/1 5th favs to get Shay Given.  To even be mentioned suggests we''ve made an enquiry.  He''d be great to have in the squad, if not first choice.

A few others that caught my eye suggesting theres a good chance of a deal being done...

Bellamy to Cardiff 1/2 (how in the hell could they ever afford him?)

Gary Cahill to Man City 1/3

Bothroyd to Everton 1/4

Joey Barton to Everton 1/3

Roger Johnson to Spurs 1/2

Joe Cole to Spurs 1/3

Nolan to West Ham 4/6

Defoe to Arsenal 4/5

Wickham to Liverpool 4/6

I know Bookies aren''t always spot on and odds can dramatically change overnight, but there must be some inside info on some of those deals.  Never heard that City are in for Cahill, Johnson to Spurs or Defoe to Arsenal.

Looks like it''ll be a busy and interesting summer when it gets going in the next week or 2. 

I wouldn''t necessarily think that we have made an enquiry for Given. The bookies know we will need another keeper, Given is full of Prem experience, the odds offered are mid ground, might tempt one or two people to bet, and IF it comes off Bookies haven''t lost a lot, as they would have gained on shorter odds with others.

i would be amazed if given leaves city this transfer window. he seems perfectly happy to sit out his contract on the bench, and on the money he`s getting who can blame him?!. plus, just before joe hart got the nod he seriously knackered his shoulder, and so i don`t think he`d last anywhere near a full season. he still plays in the carling cup, last season`s europa campaign etc etc.