Sign in to follow this  
mikewalker

The best goal you ever scored?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Nolly"]I remember racing onto a through ball once, clean through on goal and as the keeper rushed out i curled it past him and into the net from about 30 yards.

One slight problem it was my keeper and i was the cb!! He called for it but I thought i''d play it out with the outside of my foot and instead caught it on the inside and it flew in![/quote]

Jas scored one like that in pre-season once. Absolute rocket of a shot that nearly took the net, and the goal with it. Gawd knows what would have happened if the keeper had actually tried to get in the way of it!

What about a best assist?

Against Jaz''s team last season I reckon. Ball played into left hand channel ahead of me and the right back, it was an even slogging match although he was much younger and far more athletic.

With about 10 yards to the ball (which was running towards the by line and about level with the edge of the box), the full back decided it was too risky to see if I could beat him over the distance and so went in to shoulder me away from the direct route to the ball. I hell my ground.

To my surprise not only did he fail to budge me, he actually pretty much bounced off me and went down. I got to the ball, looked up and slotted the ball in a straight line to our striker, avoiding a scrambling defender and set it up on a plate for our striker to spank home.[/quote]i tried to forget that Matt! lol!Actually the first goal you guys scored in that game was a cracker... im hoping for a different result this year though!

My favourite would have to be when we were playing against the staff, 2-1 down, last couple of minutes..you can imagine the humiliation that we would have been in for. We get a corner so I run over to take it, whip it in, bends in over the keepers head and somehow misses everyone in the box but pings in off the far post..and we went on to win in extra time! Funny thing is that i had done exactly the same thing in the previous match..and I meant it both times, honest ;)

Bit harsh mikewalker! Say Holt started said game, played alright, then scored an extra-time winner. Would you then drop him for the final or give him his chance?!

[quote user="kick it off"]

Having not had a shot in ages, I was determined to belt it, the winger sprinted away with it down the right, no-one in the box for the cross, only me in support and i pulled my run away to the right hand edge of the area, screaming for him to cut it back.... He did so and i was level with the post, on right hand side of the box 20 yards out, I could see the keeper six yards off his line and also on his near post.

[/quote]

Not going to steal your thunder but you said you were in the box. I thought the edge of the box was referred to the 18yard line . . . . .

One of my pals had a trial with Dulwich & Hamlet (they wear pink BTW) and he impressed them, so he was invited back to play a pre season friendly game for a D&H XI. Unfortunately the game took place at 11am the morning after we had been to a full on rave (it was the summer of 1989) and he may had accidentally taken something he shouldn''t or someone may have spiked him. He wasn''t feeling 100% but persisted mainly because of the pressure put on him by his Dad who wasn''t to happy with him or his so called mates for staying out all night, and all looking rather "dazed" at that. Although only on the bench he was rather pale though the 1st half and even threw a whitey just as half time started, much to the amusement of me & the others who had come along to cheer him on. He had his head between his knees for most of the 2nd half. With about 20 mins of the game to go he was brought on as a sub...we were all amazed. We still cheered him on.

He received the ball about halfway, chested down from a throw in, controlled it perfectly, then went of a run around midfielders and defenders who seemed to be staring at him in amazement before unleashing a hammer of a shot straight into the top corner with the Goalkeeper motionless.

He went the wrong way, it was an own goal.

I was having a kick about with just me and my brother, I kicked the ball, the wind caught it and took it around the lampost, back towards me and I kicked it in. Haha, was epic.

Crusader League in the mid 80s. A check of the Pink Un on a the preceeding saturday evening would confirm no ref had been allocated, as usual, so we would reduced to the dreaded short straw pick before the game. If you drew the short one, it was accepted that the accepted modus operandi was to give no decisions whatsoever, no matter how psychoticly agricultural the challenge, by turning a blind eye to such indiscretions and waving play on.

Our opponents from Brooks, a local meat-packing operation, were a neanderthal bunch, probably the result of spending far too long with hands up chickens'' bottoms. Multiple facial/neck tatoos and quick to tell you, in graphic detail, what they intended to do to you.

The biggest knuckle dragger of them all insisted on giving a running commentary every time he got the ball "he''s past one, past another.." etc etc. A single goal adrift, but with the 90 fast approaching, the ball was at the the feet my brother in central defence. Meat was in his face "what you gonna do with it? what you gonna do with it?..."he asked in his hilarious running commentary format.

My brother launched the ball forward, I ran on to it and struck it cleanly on the half volley from just outside the box. The ball was still rising as their mullet/tache sporting keeper clasped at thin air and the back of the net exploded and, get this, stuck in the stantion!!

I wheeled away with arms in spitfire wing position as my brother tolder the Lurch "that''s what I''m to f**king do with it, you t**t!".

In that moment I knew I had scored one of the best goals ever seen.

5-a-side ameteur league game. Us: bottom side, opposition: top side. One minute from time, 2-3. I''m in goal. Goalkick. I bring the ball out of the box, and whack it forward, hoping for a header. Our striker misses, but so does the opposition keeper, and the ball darts into the empty goal. Final whistle.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="kick it off"]

Having not had a shot in ages, I was determined to belt it, the winger sprinted away with it down the right, no-one in the box for the cross, only me in support and i pulled my run away to the right hand edge of the area, screaming for him to cut it back.... He did so and i was level with the post, on right hand side of the box 20 yards out, I could see the keeper six yards off his line and also on his near post.

[/quote]

Not going to steal your thunder but you said you were in the box. I thought the edge of the box was referred to the 18yard line . . . . .[/quote]I thought I explained quite clearly I wasnt in the box, I was about 20 yards out, which is the edge of the box in my book - I wasn''t right on the line - I was a couple of yards behind it and I was in line with the near post. What''s with the pedanticism on this board recently? Please point me to any part of my post that referred to  me being in the box?

East Norfolk Sixth Form College, 1988. Lower Vs Upper Sixth.I was in the Lower Sixth team. My football skills were average at best and there were good players on both sides but... I had represented GY at sprinting, so always fancied myself as a fast winger. The (only) goal I scored was just that. It was a kick off from the centre circle and I''d told one of the forwards to just get the ball out wide to me. He did just that and I ran as fast as I could down the wing. I challenge or two came in so I went left-right and into the corner of the penalty box, at which point I hit the ball as hard as I could... into the top right corner. The goalie had already commited himself and was on the ground.I was ecstatic. Our best player came up to me and said "Where did that come from?"My moment of glory that I''m sure no one else will remember, especially as we lost 8-1 !!

I cannot compete with some of the illustrious efforts above, but here is my story, albeit with a little artistic license after all the years that have passed.

Date : November 1974 - age 10.

Location : Sutton VC Primary School Field (this had a slope the Austrian''s would be proud of - in at least 3 directions)

It was a midly foggy afternoon, one of those old school dank misty ones you get in The Broads. There was a heavy dew on the pitch, the ball was like lead, and I had been told off by the teacher for misbehaving in the morning. My gander was up, I NEVER scored goals, but by crikey today was going to be the day! "I''ll show him!" I thought to myself. There were 21 of us on the pitch - the school was so small we only had 21 boys over the age of about 7 so it was 10 v 11. I was one of the 11.

In a nip and tuck first half, with the score at 0-0, I received the ball in the centre circle, and Cruyffesque I swivled, and much to my own amazement managed to kick the ball through my own legs (and those of the opposing midfielder) and lay a perfect ball out to I think Robert Ferguson on the right wing. Having amazed myself I set forth like the clappers, but Robert was quicker than me, but could only look at his feet Louie Donawa style while he headed straight down the line of the right wing.

This was my moment, and in true Lee Major''s 6 Million Dollar Man slow motion style, Robert scuffed in a through ball from wide right into the centre of the box, I was still at full pelt (well it felt like it for me - I was a bit of a lard arse) crossing the edge of the penalty box. I slid in, right leg outstretched as the goal keeper started to react. He clattered into me, I clattered into him, but miraculously, the studs on my right foot made contact with the ball and skidded majectically into the bottom corner at the near post.

Joy unconfined! I had scored my first ever goal!

I went on to score another 2 in the same match - a HAT-TRICK - me - A HAT TRICK! If I hadn''t have been only 10 I''d have been out on the piss that night. Instead, I think Mum made me a fish supper and I was allowed some fizzy Corona that had been bought for Christmas, and then sent me to bed - but I didn''t care, this was the best day of my life!

I can remember drawing that goal over and over again, in fact I wouldn''t put it past me, that a copy is somewhere up in the loft with my school certificates!

I never scored in a match again - but for that day, one glorious day, I was David Cross. I will never forget it.

Now its time for bed, goodnight all.

When i was about 12 me and my mates were playing headers and volleys up the park. We`d been playing a while and inevitably enough we`d got a bit bored and tired and started to mess around doing cartwheels etc. I`m about 15 yards from goal and launch into a forward roll just as a lad crosses the ball....which hits my heel as i go over and screams into the bottom corner! Of course, i said i meant it at the time but couldn`t do it again in a million years!

Also managed to bring down a long ball and lob the keeper over my own head last year- not bad on a 7-a-side pitch with small goals :-)

Mungo Bumpkin and NMTD: congratulations on wonderful goals and more importantly brilliantly executed write-ups, I swear to god the hairs on my neck stood up reading them. Superb contributions.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]When i was about 12 me and my mates were playing headers and volleys up the park. We`d been playing a while and inevitably enough we`d got a bit bored and tired and started to mess around doing cartwheels etc. I`m about 15 yards from goal and launch into a forward roll just as a lad crosses the ball....which hits my heel as i go over and screams into the bottom corner! Of course, i said i meant it at the time but couldn`t do it again in a million years! Also managed to bring down a long ball and lob the keeper over my own head last year- not bad on a 7-a-side pitch with small goals :-)[/quote]

Lovely stuff, on both goals. The first one sounds like a Le Tissier out-take!!

I''ve been waiting for a topic like this-

I was 17 and playing for the mighty Bawdeswell- think it was a cup game. First season of mens football and often got pushed about for being 6"6'' and obviously the youngest of the group. Was putting on a fine show at right back away in the cup, had already set up our first. For some reason I hadn''t gone up for the corner and was on the half way line, the corner was taken short with nothing on a man quickly approaching I pulled into the right midfield spot, screaming for the ball and hoping to swing the ball in about 5-10 yards over the half way line right on the touchline, the ball came back to me.

Took a touch, rolled it slightly forward and saw the keeper off his line. I''ve been known to spank a few from range, but nothing like this, everyone in the box calling for it. But I''d seen the keeper off his line, I thought if I could just hit the target it''d be in, it sailed over the keepers head and the defenders on the line and into the top left corner.

I went absolutely beserk celebrating- it has been my first and last goal in mens or University football and a feeling I''ll never recreate.

Just makes me think, imagine the buzz scoring at Carrow Road in front of 27,000.

I even got fined for my celebration regarding how bad it actually was...

Quality thread this! Never much of a striker but I''ve scored a couple of decent goals. Personal highlights include a great volley in a five aside game when I ended up with my back to goal, flicking the ball over my head with my left and slamming it underneath the keeper with my right. Scored a good chip which I thought I''d scuffed only to see it end up in the top right corner bending past the hopeless keeper. My favourite has to be my goal in the last ever game we played in our last ever PE lesson on our last day of school. I hadn''t scored all year, so was desperate to end my jinx.(Although I did play mainly in defensive positions) With the score at 2-2, Idecided to abandon my defensive duties for a minute and ran round like a headless chicken for the last 10 minutes. I thought my chance had gone after doing everything from hitting the post to having one hacked away off the line and I decided to hang back as the last defender for a corner rather than going forward. As the corner was blocked and ended up back with the winger I saw an opening and screamed for my mate to drill it across goal. As I pegged it forward, I ghosted in between two defenders and slammed it in the corner to win the game, (not before clearing a certain goal into touch from underneath the crossbar, mind!). I went mental and decided to do a full lap of the pitch before getting mobbed by the penalty area and bundled by pretty much everyone on the field-even the kids who forgot their kit(tells you how nafff at footy I was!) I loved that moment and even though it wasn''t a brilliant goal it was decent enough to be considered my favourite so far. :)