Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Shareholder payback time

Thre have been a few discussions lately about away ticket availability for next season and the current ballot system. Here''s something else to consider - a few years ago many of us answered the club''s despararte pleas, when it was staring in to the financial abyss following the collapse of ITV Digital, by purchasing essentially worthless shares (and later to add to the "buy Hucks" fighting fund). The only return we have seen from the these in recent times was the chance to heckle Doomcaster at AGMs - in fairness, nothing more was expected, we were essentially giving the club money as an act of faith.

Well, now the club is in a position to give some reward back to the legion of small shareholders in a way that would cost it nothing - put shareholders in top position in the pecking order for away tickets next season. A nice jesture, I think, although I''m sure 10-stub non shareholders won''t agree!

Mungo

You may as well add the season ticket holders who did not claim the rebate when we down into the mix as well. And what about those who missed out on Inter Milan tickets in 1993?

I dont fall into any of the categories for getting away tickets, but wouldnt giving them to shareholders mean that those who can afford them get them, rather than those who were supporting the club through all the away games last season

No, it means those that dug deep when the club was in drastic need finally get something back for their altruistic action.

Missed out on an Inter ticket?? There was plenty of room for anyone who wanted to go in the San Siro that afternoon. If you''re talking abouty the home game - aren''t these the same peole who are alweays pictured queuing outside the ground for tickerts for our "once a decade" big game, usually with some ridiculous headline alluding to "loyal fans"? These people want a ticket once very 10-15 years and if they miss out? Boo hoo!

I could be wrong, but I don''t see away tickets as the big issue some seem to think. From memory, I think I did sub,it my stubs last time but often I wanted to go with people that hadn''t. I don''t recall there being too many times when you couldn''t get tickets if you went down early enough.

Did others have big/ regular difficulties?

Shareholders ought to get priority for home tickets before away. This from a moneybags shareholder, absolutely rolling in the stuff in my dreams.

Not sure what all this panic about getting away tickets is all about, yes you might have issues with Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United, but I think when people starting seeing the prices and the fact that we are going to be playing Saturday lunchtime, tea time, Sundays and Mondays and its on tv - and thats before I mention costs £35+ I would imagine, I think you will get a ticket for pretty much every away game you want. 

If you have not got ten stubs from last season then, get them this and go to the the big three next season, assuming we stay up.  Loyalty breeds loyalty, its how it works at most other clubs and even for the national team! You can dream up all sorts of schemes but this one has worked well for years and they are NOT going to change it, just to suit you!

Mungo - I have 45 of the bl**dy things, which is prob more than most of the small-time holders!  What to buy some?

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]No, it means those that dug deep when the club was in drastic need finally get something back for their altruistic action.

[/quote]In that case, those of us who threw coins into those blankets in 1957 and saved the Club from going out of business completely, should definitely be top of the list. [^o)]

I could be wrong, but I don''t see away tickets as the big issue some seem to think. From memory, I think I did sub,it my stubs last time but often I wanted to go with people that hadn''t. I don''t recall there being too many times when you couldn''t get tickets if you went down early enough.

Yo badger

you had the stubs last time and also had the use of mine if I didn''t go If you remember I had to go to that awful pre season friendly at cov to get my last stub

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]No, it means those that dug deep when the club was in drastic need finally get something back for their altruistic action.

[/quote]In that case, those of us who threw coins into those blankets in 1957 and saved the Club from going out of business completely, should definitely be top of the list. [^o)]

[/quote]

Your coins probably had a small 1mm hole drilled in them - and were attached to some fishing line with the other end attached to your snake-belt holding your oversized school shorts up.....

Throw some coins into the blanket......and then return said coins to shorts pocket....