Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Alex McLeish confirmed as Villa manager

Talksport have just said that he will be confirmed in the next 24 hours. Backtracking already methinks !!!! [:D]

[quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"]

[quote user="Harry the Green Wizard"]Villa supporters won''t be happy about that.[/quote]

bit of an understatement there lol

[/quote]I know, I''ve got a Villa supporting cousin (he was born and lives in Birmingham so has an excuse) and he is livid. [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/hyenas.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="Ncfc26"]And this concerns us why??????????[/quote]

... because Villa are in the Prem and this move could well destabilise them, making them relegation candidates.

Will possibly drag them into the relegation mix can see the club being split wide open over this plus the compensation may be expensive. I dont blame him though a good job for him but he will be up against it

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Will possibly drag them into the relegation mix can see the club being split wide open over this plus the compensation may be expensive. I dont blame him though a good job for him but he will be up against it[/quote]

Don''t think there''s any doubt about that, losing a few key players won''t help

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Ncfc26"]And this concerns us why??????????[/quote]

... because Villa are in the Prem and this move could well destabilise them, making them relegation candidates.

[/quote]

I doubt it seriously

You''d think that McLeish would be a hero of Villa fans having relegated Brum twice. I suppose though that winning the Carling Cup was the killer !!

Looks like Shearer is going to take the Cardiff job , dont think many in Wales will be keen on that either.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Looks like Shearer is going to take the Cardiff job , dont think many in Wales will be keen on that either.
[/quote]

Perhaps we could go for Bellars cos he won''t want to go back there.... [:D] 

So McLeish has not actually been confirmed as

Villa manager

The thing is though, if (Heaven forbid) Lambert left Norwich and ipswich had been fairly successful under Jewell, I think it''d be hillarios if we went in for jewell, as that''d really pi55 of them lot, plus he''d have been a success there and so they wouldn''t want to leave them for anybody, let alone their local rivals. So what''s the difference? If 1p5wich got Lambert, on the other hand, I''d be livid (to put it nicely!)