Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

My Weekly Wednesday Cryptic Riddle

As my "name your favourite Norwich player whose name rhymned with an item of food or drink" thread was so successful, I thought that every Wednesday I could do a cryptic riddle about a Norwich player past or present and we could see which of you geniuses (geniii?) can solve it first to win some virtual fortune and glory.

Here goes my first one.

A male footballer - or was he?

Good luck to all of you.

O dear I missed an appointment this morning, as I thought it was Tuesday today.Tony powell was to easyHow about this one.I am now a chief scout up north

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

As my "name your favourite Norwich player whose name rhymned with an item of food or drink" thread was so successful, I thought that every Wednesday I could do a cryptic riddle about a Norwich player past or present and we could see which of you geniuses (geniii?) can solve it first to win some virtual fortune and glory.

Here goes my first one.

Good luck to all of you.

[/quote]

Oh, I think I know this one. Is it Germaine Greer?

[quote user="The Young One"]O dear I missed an appointment this morning, as I thought it was Tuesday today.Tony powell was to easyHow about this one.I am now a chief scout up north [/quote]Rob Newman at Manchester City?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

Here goes my first one.

Good luck to all of you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

Germaine Greer was author of the female eunuch, but she never pulled on the yellow and green (unless in a David Mellor-style capacity which we could all do without.) 

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

Here goes my first one.

Good luck to all of you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

Germaine Greer was author of the female eunuch, but she never pulled on the yellow and green (unless in a David Mellor-style capacity which we could all do without.) 

[/quote]

Dear oh dear, what a chump I am! of course I meant that other Australian, Shirley Abicair, with her zither. Sure she was an unused sub in a Texaco Trophy game somewhere north of Hadrian''s Wall back in that decade after the sixties.

PS. LOVE the double tautologies in this thread''s headline, BBB. One love but two tautologies!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="The Young One"]O dear I missed an appointment this morning, as I thought it was Tuesday today.Tony powell was to easyHow about this one.I am now a chief scout up north [/quote]Rob Newman at Manchester City?[/quote]Nope

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

Here goes my first one.

Good luck to all of you.

[/quote]

Hugh Gizzafook?

[quote user="The Young One"]O dear I missed an appointment this morning, as I thought it was Tuesday today.

Tony powell was to easy

How about this one.

I am now a chief scout up north
[/quote]

Bear Grylls?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

Here goes my first one.

Good luck to all of you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

[/quote]

Dear oh dear, what a chump I am! of course I meant that other Australian, Shirley Abicair, with her zither. Sure she was an unused sub in a Texaco Trophy game somewhere north of Hadrian''s Wall back in that decade after the sixties.

PS. LOVE the double tautologies in this thread''s headline, BBB. One love but two tautologies!

[/quote]

Oh for goodness'' sakes and the love of Christ Almighty.

Look.

"He" clearly implies we are talking about someone male.

What''s the use of being able to spot a tautology if you can''t tell the birds from the bees?

Think cryptically and in terms of a riddle.  The world and his wifelets are watching.

[quote user="djc"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

Here goes my first one.

Good luck to all of you.

[/quote]

Hugh Gizzafook?

[/quote]

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Jan Koller

Karel Paborski
Emmanuell petit
Lillian Thuram
Stacy Caldicott
Marion Pahars

[quote user="The Young One"]O dear I missed an appointment this morning, as I thought it was Tuesday today.

Tony powell was to easy

How about this one.

[/quote]

---

Tony Baden-Powell?

Of course we have Girl Scouts now, so.........lets absorb that for a while.

In the meantime as it''s still Tuesday both here and there riddle me another. Riddle me this riddle me that  - which senior twister, sorry poster, on this footie forum  is particularly fond of Turkish Delight?

OTBC

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Tony powell was to easy

How about this one.

[/quote]

---

Tony Baden-Powell?

[/quote]

Oh, now you are just being wilfully silly.

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]Well you must be recycling my "Alex Not-man" from the other thread then...[/quote]

I hadn''t read the other thread, as it happens - but the answer is indeed ALEX NOTMAN.

Congratulations! A gift of your choice [G] will be sent to a local school or hospital.

Tune in next Thursday for another exciting edition of this game.