Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Lambert's winning formula, he is the best manager out there.

Amazing isn’t it, Lambert comes in with a winning formula, sign hungry young players who want to work hard for the club, the fans and reap the rewards. A team of coaches who buy into his views, training and methods.

Then you read about Ipswich, who have signed a 28 years pie eating forward, 33 year old Icelandic Reading reject, looking at a 33 year old Blackburn reject who will command a huge wage and now I read West Ham are signing Faye another high earning 33 year old.

Which begs the question, have we truly got the best young manager in the country, one who might just have a winning formula in his head and keep Norwich up more comfortably then a lot of us think next season?

I mean, had the three signings been made by say Gunn or Roeder, would we not have been going on about how poor these players are for a Premiership campaign? Vaughan failed to get into the Everton side, been loaned out, Bennett not exactly proven at championship level never mind Premiership and Morison has one good season for Millwall at championship level and we paid 2 million for him.

Now before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick, although I question the Morison signing, I’m very excited about the prospect of both Vaughan and Bennett, at 22 both have bags of potential and will light up the Premiership. Morison will do a job as will Holt.

So with Lambert in charge and the way his management team operate, we have never had a better chance of establishing ourselves as a good Premiership side in my view, built around a squad of hungry players with no over-paid prima donna upsetting the balance.

McNally will build the Carrow road empire to strengthen Lamberts budgets and Norwich will once more be a strength.

Long may it continue and I hope the rest of our signings are to the same style, no big aging star but young hungry to prove their talent players.

Never have I felt so positive about our future and to think where we were and how we all felt three seasons ago!

You sum it up very well, Indy - Lambert is canny, we need a mix of older and younger heads and that''s what we''ve got. All the players he''s signed so far are talking about "taking the opportunity" and sound as if they''ll be working hard for their place in the team.

I am surprised that Chopra has been signed by 1p5wich, after all the criticism that came his way after Cardiff imploded (allegedly going out drinking etc. - I followed it for a while on the Cardiff forum as it was interesting to read what the fans were posting about their star players). I am quite sure PL would never set his sights at a player like that.

We have to hope that we can hold onto our manager, as in a couple of years I think we''ll be seeing him courted by one of the top 5 clubs.

Like many other Norwich fans I constantly feel that I can''t believe my luck at the moment. Lambert''s arrival at Norwich makes our other appointments i.e. Grant, Roeder & Gunn feel a bit unreal. By that I mean it seemed like we were just playing at being a football club.

We had a board that employed Neil Doncaster and Roger Munby, two people who were more business led and not business & football club led.

I wouldn''t have targeted Morison or Vaughan for moves here, but then again I''m not the best young manager in Britain, so I back whatever signings he makes.

I think we will finish about 15th this season, clear of relegation before the season reaches the final few games. That''s assuming Lambert sticks with us.

Whilst I love Paul Lambert, I fear that this summer is the last summer he will spend with Norwich City.

"Whilst I love Paul Lambert, I fear that this summer is the last summer he will spend with Norwich City."I think he''ll stick around for at least a couple of seasons.  Here''s why.How often do genuinely bigger jobs come up ?  There are, broadly speaking, 3 bands of clubs in the Premier League.40 - 70 k avg attendance, champions league ambition : Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool35 - 45 k avg attendance, mid-table / cup winners / europa league at best (Newcastle the exception with 47 k)Tottenham, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Everton22 - 27 k avg attendance, looking to survive (Wigan the exception with a 16k avg attendance)Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton, Stoke, West Brom, Wigan, FulhamAlso, if you ''re looking at candidates looking to step up, look at Mark Hughes.  Mark Hughes left Fulham to try and land a top 5 job.  He''s done well at Blackburn and massively overperformed at Fulham considering their attendance, but then they are to an extent bankrolled by Al Fayed.  But it''s taken him 5 or 6 years at the lower level clubs to get to the point where he could be taken seriously by a big club.Our chairman has already stated that he wants to see 35 k seats at Carrow Road.  A regular 35 k attendance would put us into the middle band and Redknapp has shown what is possible with a club that size, if we can fill the stadium.  If we''re in the top 15, I think we could fill that stadium.