Sign in to follow this  
JJ

6/7 and then there was one....

Stephen Caulker a central defender from Spurs appears to be Norwich''s latest target. There is only one name left from Lamberts original 7 transfers he talked about.

James Vaughan (Signed)

Steve Morrison (Signed)

Bradley Johnson (Lambert became aware of, when he had contract difficulties with leeds)

Leon Osman (Rejected bid)

Elliot Bennett (on the verge of signing)

Robert Snodgrass (Rejected bid)

Steven Caulker (Spurs say were interested)

?unknown? (probably defender or goalkeeper)

you shoudlnt read too much into the 7 signings talk, lambert mentioned it as a rough figure and fans have jumped on it as a definite number we''ll sign. i fully expect it to be more than 7, possibly reaching 9 by transfer window closes, with a good 5-6 leaving as well

Im aware of that but Bradley Johnson was only an option when Lambert became aware of his contract difficultys

I would be extremely disappointed if we didn''t end up with over 7 signings.Morrison, Vaughn, Bennet et al improve our squad for sure but they are great prospects but expecting them to perform week in week out & nick points of established prem teams is a big ask.We need a couple of BIG coups.@thisiscrispy

1/  James Vaughan

2/  Steve Morrison

3/  Elliot Bennett

4/  Rumour

5/  Gossip

6/  Hearsay

7/  Idle talk

I make that 3/7, plus a whole lot of nothing.

[quote user="Crispy"] I would be extremely disappointed if we didn''t end up with over 7 signings.

Morrison, Vaughn, Bennet et al improve our squad for sure but they are great prospects but expecting them to perform week in week out & nick points of established prem teams is a big ask.

We need a couple of BIG coups.

@thisiscrispy
[/quote]

Suggest a couple of BIG coups who would satisfy you.

It seems pretty obvious why Cardiff did not get automatic promotion or even promotion via the play-offs. If Norwich are going to sign 7, 8 or 9 new players who are all (presumably) better that the current Norwich team members one has to ask why did the old Norwich team try so hard to get promoted. At least half of them are going to loose their jobs!

Would love a couple of coups but it is not going to happen. Supply and demand. The recognised best players go to the team who can pay the best wages. Financially we are club number 19 in the premiership so it is is players with potential or journeymen. We are not going to compete with the big and established clubs. It will be a battle for survival. 17th and above will a major achievement. If you don''t believe me just compare the wages by club and their league poistion. WBA were the only team last season whose league position was significantly higher than their financial position. Lucky for us WBA have a good manager who knows a good CEO who knows a good cook.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="Crispy"] I would be extremely disappointed if we didn''t end up with over 7 signings.

Morrison, Vaughn, Bennet et al improve our squad for sure but they are great prospects but expecting them to perform week in week out & nick points of established prem teams is a big ask.

@thisiscrispy
[/quote]

[/quote]

Joey Barton and Johnny Evans *taps nose*

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think the Osman bid was a load of rubbish IMO.[/quote]

I like Osman. Everton are skint so I reckon we''d get him for £6.5m

sick and tired of this big coup nonsense, the point has been laboured several times before, i am far happier with the hungry young players with great potential lambert is signing, would you rather we sign the likes of boa morte upson bowyer, players at the end of the careers looking for a final pay cheque, possibly wouldnt apply to bowyer, but u get my point, plus if we do go down, we will have a hell of a squad to go straight back up with no financial pressure to sell any of them as the players we are signing will not be on massive salaries

[quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

@thisiscrispy
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can tap your nose as much as you like but the only ''contacts'' you have are Jack and 5hit.

Haha makes me laugh when people on here claim to have secret news on transfer targets. Joey Barton''s wages would be huge, and Johnny Evans wouldn''t come here.

I don''t want either of them. Someone saying we could get Osman for £6.5m. That''s about £4.5m too much in my opinion.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Haha makes me laugh when people on here claim to have secret news on transfer targets. Joey Barton''s wages would be huge, and Johnny Evans wouldn''t come here. I don''t want either of them. Someone saying we could get Osman for £6.5m. That''s about £4.5m too much in my opinion.[/quote]

Although Osman would not come here, he is a much better player than you are giving him credit for (i.e he is not a £2M player). After Baines, he was probably Everton''s best player last year in a side that finished 7th. I would guess that he is pretty much Moyes first choice midfielder, if rumours about Arteta departing come true.

[quote user="Bobert"]It seems pretty obvious why Cardiff did not get automatic promotion or even promotion via the play-offs. If Norwich are going to sign 7, 8 or 9 new players who are all (presumably) better that the current Norwich team members one has to ask why did the old Norwich team try so hard to get promoted. At least half of them are going to loose their jobs![/quote]

you shouldnt forget that for all but holt, hoolahan, russell martin adn whitbread, after promotion from league 1 we signed a whole new team more or less, yet lambert somehow managed to integrate them all in a way that seemed as if there werent wholesale changes, of which there were plenty. no room for sentiment in this game, squad depth as well is crucial in the prem, the option of a short loan deal in november to cover injuries isnt the case now

[quote user="Bobert"]It seems pretty obvious why Cardiff did not get automatic promotion or even promotion via the play-offs. If Norwich are going to sign 7, 8 or 9 new players who are all (presumably) better that the current Norwich team members one has to ask why did the old Norwich team try so hard to get promoted. At least half of them are going to loose their jobs![/quote]

Ridiculous logic! Are you really suggesting that Cardiff deliberately didn''t get promoted because the players were afraid for their jobs? Who says that the "7, 8 or 9 new players are all better than the current Norwich team members"? Do you not realise that it is not an 11 man game. The quality of the squad is vitally important and whoever is sitting on the bench must be able to come on and make a difference. This is where we gained so much last season, late in games, with players coming off the bench and scoring/making goals and earning us crucial points.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

@thisiscrispy
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You can tap your nose as much as you like but the only ''contacts'' you have are Jack and 5hit.

[/quote]

You calling Monsieur Ronaldez X. Rumouré a liar, sunshine?

[quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

@thisiscrispy
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

More like a wind-up merchant.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="mikewalker"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]

@thisiscrispy
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

More like a wind-up merchant.

[/quote]

Yes, he also sells sails.